• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Little Chef.

The Little Chef- hero or villain?

• Total voters

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
Hero or villain - you decide.

My brother (who does a lot of driving) calls him The Little Thief.

One thing is for sure - you get less trouble in Little Chef car Parks than at motorway services.

When you live in a country were fast food is few and far between you can miss holes like the little chef and wimpy and fish and chip shops.

Are there many left, ? I thought their owners got rid of loads of them a few years ago.

I know Several along the A3 and A1 have closed and the one on the A127 went many years back.

Generally a good place to stop when using the A roads, certainly on the motorbike

Are there many left, ? I thought their owners got rid of loads of them a few years ago.

I know Several along the A3 and A1 have closed and the one on the A127 went many years back.

Generally a good place to stop when using the A roads, certainly on the motorbike

From Wiki....

At its peak the Little Chef chain had about 435 restaurants. As of February 2011 Little Chef has 162 restaurants.

Their Olympic breakfast takes some beating. Anyone know if they still have it on the menu?. Hav'nt been into Little Chef for about 7 years, due to so many of them closing on the routes i used to travel round the U.K. on. In the Weightwatchers guide an Olympic breakfast is 29 points, which would be most peoples point max for 24 hours!.

I once worked in a Little Chef . I would never ever eat in one.:thumbdown:

Try cooking on two grills with everything on it, fat spitting everywhere, cherry pie filling on pancakes running in to fried eggs, a coach comes in and it's everything at once, folk wanting stuff you've run out of, pinching unused stuff off of plates coming in to make up new meals, lobbing stuff in the fryer for a quicker cook to meet the demands of naffed off customers who've waited too long, sticking your fingers in tea or burgers or whatever to check hot enough still to serve (if you burn yourself it's ok to go), 20 mins to closing with no customers and an easy run in then another sodding coach arrives so you switch off the lights lock the door and dive behind the counter ............................:raspberry:

At least when the Happy Eater was around it's logo admitted that you threw up as a consequence of entering.:sick:

Fun days.:smile:

Back