• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

He deserved to be sent off even before he got in the way of the free-kick for punching the ball away after it went out for a throw!

My main feeling tonight was one of sadness. Mohsni just seemed really weird tonight even by his standards and should certainly have been subbed after the first yellow. I think it would be a kindness to keep him out of the spotlight for a while and for goodness sake get the lad some help. He is so brilliant with the fans, always available to sign autographs and pose for pictures etc. a genuinely nice bloke. Lets hope something gets sorted.

I hope it's not the last of him. He's a great player when he wants to be, just sometimes ruins by being unprofessional and stupid. Most people love him here I certainly do, he just needs harder discipline. We've seen what he can do, no need for me explaining.......Just no-one boo him when he comes back, wouldn't surprise me if a couple fans do boo him. Great win today, wasn't expecting it at all.

i have heard he was actually the organiser of the 9/11 bombings, and it wasnt scissors, it was a chainsaw. well it must be true as he is foreign and a muslim. and he i heard he organised the dale farm thing so he is a pikey too (but not a nice one like fredy) pmsl lol end of.

If my kids misbehave they get their pocket money stopped.

If that doesn't work then they loose access to the computer (which is usually seen as the worse punishment).

I think Luggy need to find a punishment that works for Moshni.

The trouble with Mohsni...

... is playing up front.

It is a frustrating position; you spend most of the game chasing shadows and lost causes, you get clumped by central defenders, called offside tons of times and get naff all protection from the ref.

His temperament is debatable at the the best of times and this is doing him no favours at all.

After his ban, I would bench him until an opportunity arises for him to play at the back on a regular basis. That is where he shone and that is where he perfoms best. Then I'd seek to offload him to the first interested party - and there will be one, because the guy is a terrific player.

But a striker he ain't.

... is playing up front.

It is a frustrating position; you spend most of the game chasing shadows and lost causes, you get clumped by central defenders, called offside tons of times and get naff all protection from the ref.

His temperament is debatable at the the best of times and this is doing him no favours at all.

After his ban, I would bench him until an opportunity arises for him to play at the back on a regular basis. That is where he shone and that is where he perfoms best. Then I'd seek to offload him to the first interested party - and there will be one, because the guy is a terrific player.

But a striker he ain't.

Agree in part, but when you have a player who is a genuine threat up top, you can't really ignore it. I would rather play him up there while attempting to sort his temper out.

Plus who would you replace at centre back, the captain or our top goal scorer?

... is playing up front.

But a striker he ain't.
Yep, was thinking along very similar lines. In defence Bilel can focus and play his natural game. His performance there against Burton was calm and composed and there was no hint of the sort of petulance we saw tonight. He simply has to be a centre-half only from now on.

Also heard that it was a pair of scissors that he was brandishing at not only Chorley, but then his own players as they attempted to haul him away from Chorley. This is apparently why they were so shocked.

With respect to tonight, everyone sitting around us was saying Mohsni is gonna go, c15 people including myself, yet despite the continued petulance Sturrock did nothing and off he went. This was as much Sturrock's fault as it was Mohsni's tonight. Already since his final warning at Orient, he caused enough trouble to warrant the FA fining us after the Port Vale game, and even after being dragged away by his team mates, went over to goad the away fans. He then spent the best part of 45 minutes at Swindon thumping the grass in frustration and had to be hauled off under the guise of an injury and then the constant petulance and plain childish behaviour tonight. How many chances does he need, and how long will the other players continue to accept his special treatment from Sturrock, and covering up for his needless antics.
?
Also, is it a 2 match ban for tonight, seeing as the first yellow was his fifth of the season and a suspension in itself? Hopefully so, as he needs an extended spell on the sidelines.

Also had heard the scissors story from a reliable source, amazed it's stayed relatively supressed this long. Had only just said that Mohsni needed to be taken off when he committed the act that caused the 2nd yellow. The ref had had enough of his antics, the rugby tackle in front of the south end of the west stand was totally laughable but when it was one in a succession of tackles thought to be fouls (I wasn't sure about some of the times he went down, some looked authentic, some didn't) he was never going to last. As it goes I didn't think the original one he got booked for was a yellow, thought he accidentally clipped the other guy's heels.

For his own sake, PS needs to find him some anger management and a decent mentor and play him as a defender! Like fbm says, being a striker is pretty frustrating and Mohsni is just not dealing with that side of it. It's ok to chuck him up there 10 minutes from the end of the game but please, no more makeshift striker.

If this scissors story is true then i'm shocked the club have stood by him. He's lucky he's not inside, there's no place for nutters like that in society let alone our football club.

Get him out !

Whilst the actual bookings were maybe harsh Bill had marked himself out as a complete idiot early on. At any level you don't want to stand out to the refs. Some players are clever & can het away with it but Moshni not one of them.

I think he will be dropped soon by natural selection as he is 4th best forward and 4th best centre back.

Bilel cant keep his head.

Even in pre season friendlies he was losing the plot.

If he cant stay out of trouble he needs to stay off of the pitch.

If this scissors story is true then i'm shocked the club have stood by him. He's lucky he's not inside, there's no place for nutters like that in society let alone our football club.

Get him out !
IF.... I'm sure more would have been made out of it from both ends if a player attempted to stab an opposition, clearly its not something that gets treated lightly. The bookings were harsh but he deserved to go, the ref couldn't wait to get him off the pitch. Needs some time out of the game to get his head clear in my opinion, so much talent but so little control.

Not withstanding his antics, which even by his own standards were stupid, the sending off was harsh , Richards was lining the freekick up for a ball down the left channel , Moshni walked past the ball , how he was expected to get into a defensive position without being within 10 yards I cant fathom , and was walking away to Richrds right, Richrds then turned through at least 90 degrees and took the kick (which without Moshni there would have goon straight out of play having gone knowhere near another Gills player). I imagine the booking was for " Delaying the restart of play (includes deliberate time-wastingtactics)" Yet Richards actually kicked it sooner than he was going to because Moshni was there .

I was surprised that throughout the game no one was really talking to him, encouraging him, calming him down or generally mentoring him, I would have expected that from at least the captain, if not the other senior pro's. Which begs the question, did we have any leaders out there or have they got that p'd off with him that they can't be arsed ?

The ref was an embarrassment- with most refs he wouldn't have got one card let alone two.

He has deserved it often in the past- not last night. Needs to learn but in my view last night was not a hanging offense.

Not withstanding his antics, which even by his own standards were stupid, the sending off was harsh , Richards was lining the freekick up for a ball down the left channel , Moshni walked past the ball , how he was expected to get into a defensive position without being within 10 yards I cant fathom , and was walking away to Richrds right, Richrds then turned through at least 90 degrees and took the kick (which without Moshni there would have goon straight out of play having gone knowhere near another Gills player). I imagine the booking was for " Delaying the restart of play (includes deliberate time-wastingtactics)" Yet Richards actually kicked it sooner than he was going to because Moshni was there .

I was surprised that throughout the game no one was really talking to him, encouraging him, calming him down or generally mentoring him, I would have expected that from at least the captain, if not the other senior pro's. Which begs the question, did we have any leaders out there or have they got that p'd off with him that they can't be arsed ?

His head had gone 5-10 minutes before the second booking and it looked like the rest of the team were almost resigned to the inevitable. You must have had a "nutter" mate in the past who can't be calmed down no matter what you say? There's one in every town.

Yes, the second booking was a bit harsh but the writing was on the wall. He did signal to PS about 10 mins before he got sent off to come off, so some of the blame must lay at Sturrocks door, I'm afraid.

Incredibly harsh sending off. Ref gave him no protection wahtsoever last night. I was closely watching Richards' challenges on him after what he did to Blair in the same game last season, and he was at it again last night. When he jumps for the ball, and knows he's not going to win it, he leads with his forearm. He did this for the 1st three challenges with Bilel, and I can totally understand why he was getting frustrated.

He needs to clam down a tad, of that there's no doubt. But to hang him on last night's sending off is totally wrong IMO.

Instead of bringing the physio out I think we need to bring out the psychiatrist to be honest.

At least it's a bit of a break for Bilel for some 'medication time'.

He's such a good natural footballer. But I think our best back four is

Clohessy Mohsni Phillips Barker

Mohsni is good enough to get in the positions to score even if he plays at the back.

ALSO HE WAS ELBOWED TWO TIMES! AND IT WAS SO OBVIOUS IN MY OPINION!

People say he kept diving but;

Bilel doesn't dive, the floor comes to Bilel.

Sturrock should have taken Bilel off....isn't hindsight a wonderful thing.

Harsh bookings, **** ref.

Just because he's good doesn't guarantee him a start, just like Torres or Drogba for example. They are benched on occasions, and PS has the balls to do so, he just couldn't last night!

BACK BILEL...but he is a maniac!

Back