• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not seen the second yellow but the first thing that one of the guys here said to me in work this morning was "bit of a joke decision for the red card for your lot last night, wasn't it?" so I assume the TV pictures suggest it was harsh.

Regardless I think PS needs to send Mohsni home for a couple of weeks. He's a very young man living in a foreign country where he has cbecome the focus of attention for 5,000 fans and 11 opposition players every other week. Send him on holiday to clear his head and then see where we are in two or three weeks. With Corr, Harris & Dickinson back and with Barker, Coughlan and Phillips all fit we don't need Bilel right now. Let's make the msot of that.

?
Also, is it a 2 match ban for tonight, seeing as the first yellow was his fifth of the season and a suspension in itself? Hopefully so, as he needs an extended spell on the sidelines.

No, one match and he's still on 4 yellows.

... is playing up front.

It is a frustrating position; you spend most of the game chasing shadows and lost causes, you get clumped by central defenders, called offside tons of times and get naff all protection from the ref.

His temperament is debatable at the the best of times and this is doing him no favours at all.

After his ban, I would bench him until an opportunity arises for him to play at the back on a regular basis. That is where he shone and that is where he perfoms best. Then I'd seek to offload him to the first interested party - and there will be one, because the guy is a terrific player.

But a striker he ain't.

Agree 100%

He should be on the bench until Phillips gets another injury, he is never a forward, never has been and never will be. He will score 5-10 goals a season playing at CB from set pieces.

Not seen the second yellow but the first thing that one of the guys here said to me in work this morning was "bit of a joke decision for the red card for your lot last night, wasn't it?" so I assume the TV pictures suggest it was harsh.

Regardless I think PS needs to send Mohsni home for a couple of weeks. He's a very young man living in a foreign country where he has cbecome the focus of attention for 5,000 fans and 11 opposition players every other week. Send him on holiday to clear his head and then see where we are in two or three weeks. With Corr, Harris & Dickinson back and with Barker, Coughlan and Phillips all fit we don't need Bilel right now. Let's make the msot of that.

But is that the best way to deal with the problem?

He's a professional footballer, so maybe it is best to keep it professional, he still will train everyday, still be involved every day.

All the lads will back him purely because it was a harsh red, AND we WON!

Would he even want to stop training? I don't think so! HE LOVES IT!

I agree, take away what he loves most for a couple of weeks and see if he can motivate himself to change his attitude.

The ref was a disgrace last night. He had Mohsni's card marked from the outset and like an idiot he played into the refs hands. Also i feel teams have figured Mohsni out and now aim to frustrate him so he does lose his rag. In that respect Richards did a great job at that. I feel that Bilel is a liability now and if Sturrock cannot control him on the pitch he needs to cut his losses and let him go, perhaps on loan.

If the scissors rumour is correct then i'm surprised the football league have not got involved and that he has not been punished internally.

The ref was a disgrace last night. He had Mohsni's card marked from the outset and like an idiot he played into the refs hands. Also i feel teams have figured Mohsni out and now aim to frustrate him so he does lose his rag. In that respect Richards did a great job at that. I feel that Bilel is a liability now and if Sturrock cannot control him on the pitch he needs to cut his losses and let him go, perhaps on loan.

If the scissors rumour is correct then i'm surprised the football league have not got involved and that he has not been punished internally.

Unlike the Orient player, who was punished internally and externally!

Mohsni probably was punished internally. That's why you don't know about it. We are hardly going to publish a press release about it, are we?

Once Mohsni moves back to centre-back he will be fine. Playing up front is frustrating him beyond his control, he was never this bad last season when playing at the back. Get him back to what he does and knows best and he will start to improve.

Would love to see how people would feel if we had lost last night. For me Bilel must be in last chance saloon, I think the unreliabilty is finally overtaking the magic.

Moshini is a good and bad rolled into one a great bloke with the fans but a liability on the pitch at times.. flip the coin and hes also an inspiration and capable of the unthinkable.
The club should try and get him some anger management to try and help him.
He is a good defender as others have said playing up front is a frustrating position so with Bilels dodgy temprement play him where he knows how to play and is more likely to stay on the pitch.
The best back 4 would be: Clossey Phillips Moshini Barker
We would carry a goal threat from both Moshini and Phillips its simple.

Would love to see how people would feel if we had lost last night. For me Bilel must be in last chance saloon, I think the unreliabilty is finally overtaking the magic.

I think Phillips goal got the ref off the hook in a big way. He would have borne the brunt of anger.

How many chances can we give the guy? He's had 15 yellow cards since joining us....two of those leading to him having an early bath.

He's been involved in several altercations at the club, some of which are serious.

If we'd have lost last night, I'm sure the tone would have been a lot different on here.....

For me, he's one more "incident" away from losing the last shred of support I have for him.

The ref was poor last night, but Mohsni deserved to be sent off. We were sat in the West Stand and as he went down the tunnel I saw him kung fu kick the wall/door....

A few good points there
Particularly agree with the Richards and Mohsni up front comments
After what he did to Sturrock last season I kept a close eye on Richards and he didn't disappoint. On at least 2 separate occasions I noticed that when Bil was going up for a throw in he clearly raked his achilles, add this to the continual forearm leading aerial approach, one used by Lawrence aswell by the way, then you can see how a striker may get a little riled. Now before I get lambasted, I understand that Richards may have done his job but he did it dangerously and illegally. I'd like to see him try that on Corr!! The ref provided no cover to any of our players by not booking a Gills player in the same way he did our boys, thus leading to further misdemeanours
Now onto Bil, he seriously does need to learn to keep his temper in check but for long periods of the first half he was our ONLY out ball and did work his socks off. This suspension, as previously mentioned, cannot come at a better time. A little break for reflection and some time out of the limelight might just do him some good.

Also noticed Timlin seemed to recognise what Richards was up to and I think tried to do his best to calm Mohsni down, perhaps just a little late

Happy with the team spirit to claim the points though, was good to see some fight amongst the boys

UTB

He needs serious professional help. Off the pitch you couldn't meet a nicer person but on it he's a total nutter. The other players are tired of his antics and he looks so petulant and embarrassing headbutting and punching the floor.

Technically Mohsni has great potential and has been given his chance in the English game to make it to the very top and he is just wasting it.

He needs a club suspension as one game bans don't seem to be enough to get through to him.

When he came back on the pitch at the end of the game he was all smiles but just 20 minutes earlier he was punching walls and no doubt going mental in the changing room.

It's like having two different people. Pre & post match Bilel :smiles:and on the pitch Bilel :punch:

Mods - post #35 by 'the whelk' is in exceptionally bad taste, very insulting, and should be removed forthwith.

Back