• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Mark Gower Collection

Well done on the video! Mark Gower is a player that deserved a video on you tube!

Great player, we'll miss him. Some brilliant goals on there.

Well, as much as Gower could be a lazy so and so at times and drift in and out of games, he scored some great goals...he doesn't much care for tap ins either. I would like to see some stats as to where he has scored his goals from and where he started his runs from with the ball....I think they would be a very interesting read!!

Excellent compilation and as much as the G-Man was frustrating at times I am gutted he has moved on. I do wish him all the best and hope he is a success at Swansea.

Thanks for putting that together.

Did I miss the QPR goal from 2007? Gower did a clever run, Maher picked him up from a quick free kick and Gower finished with huge skill. Summed the Maher and Gower combination up for me.

No one is irreplaceable - especially at our level - but he will be one hell of a player to replace!

Its in there, but not the pass, just the lash home!!

Great video, great memories

Thanks for putting that together.

Did I miss the QPR goal from 2007? Gower did a clever run, Maher picked him up from a quick free kick and Gower finished with huge skill. Summed the Maher and Gower combination up for me.

No one is irreplaceable - especially at our level - but he will be one hell of a player to replace!

It's at 2.15 in the video, isnt the best quality though, its all i had.

:'( Seeing them goals, gonna miss his goals I feel next season

Thank you for that, great memories and shows what a class player he was at times. Easily Championship class when he turned it on. Wish him all the best.

Watching that has got me all nostalgic, and making me realise how much we could miss him.

I forgot about his goal away to Barnsley in our 2005/2006 season...

Is it just me that thinks he looked a lot more sprightly in his earlier days?

That has reminded me of a lot of the goals that I'd forgotten though.

Some great goals there. :)

Why don't we sign him up, I am sure he could do a good job for us, and we would not need to pay a large transfer fee, just have to sort out the length of the contract and agree the wages.

Think he would be fantastic, bringing in some experence, pace, and flair to the side. ;)

Hang on didn't we just let him go for nothing! :madman:

Wow! Good video, shame about the quality in some of the sections but contains some superb goals! Watching that has reminded me how much we will miss Gower. He took a lot of unwarrented criticism but on his day was outstanding!

Also, don't know if anyone remembers but there is a goal that Gower scored in a match that we were 0-2 down at home, we brought it back to 2-2 and then Gower scored to make it 3-2. He scored it at the North Bank end. Trigger any memories...?

Yep, that was against Darlington. Probably my favourite Gower goal.

Yep, that was against Darlington. Probably my favourite Gower goal.

That's it! Thanks!

I agree with you there - my favourite Gower goal too! I remember jumping up when the ball hit the back of the net and kind of hanging in the air! It was a really surreal experience, everything had gone into slow-mo and all I remember thinking is that I should really be landing about now! Very strange. Anyway, a good goal!

Back