• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Mark Rawle Debate

The Mark Rawle Debate - Would you have him back?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
We need to strengthen our attack (i.e. replace Bramble), but I don't think Rawle is the quality we're looking for to get that extra oooomph!

There are far better strikers in the Ryman Leaague, so why should we want him back ?

Who even says he wants to come back? From what a few on the coach home said yesterday he himself completely ruled that out. He simply wanted to see Southend yesterday and wanted them to win which was why he sat in the away end.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper Zoo @ April 18 2004,18:23)]Who even says he wants to come back? From what a few on the coach home said yesterday he himself completely ruled that out.
This is Mark Rawle we're talking about. Since when did what he says mean anything?
wink.gif

I think Yeovil fans might say the same thing about Lawrie Dudfield. Although him reneging on his word seems to have been forgotten amongst Shrimpers fans seeing as we were the beneficiares this time .....
wink.gif

Is this the same Mark Rawle who's so good he cant even get into Oxford's 1st team, despite the fact they cant win for toffee just now?
I cant believe anyone would want the Judas back - his goals to games ratio was average at best and the way he left the club was disgraceful. besides it rarely works out if players go back a 2nd time... Time to forget Rawle, he made his bed, Prefer to see the current forwards who are COMMITTED and in Constantine + Dudfield we have 2 who can scare goals.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Banksy @ April 18 2004,15:59)]There are far better strikers in the Ryman Leaague, so why should we want him back ?
I think we should try and get a striker from a higher league, not from below like the Ryman League. Yes there may be some good strikers in that league, but we should be looking to get a striker that is a proven goalscorer in either the 3Rd or 2nd, who knows maybe even the 1st Division. They may cos much more, but it would take the club in the right direction

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ April 18 2004,19:56)]understand what ur saying littleman but what attraction will a division 1 or 2 striker have to our club?
Money !! I think the club need to splash out on one or two good players, and im sure the club could afford to

We are scoring goals at the moment, forget the talk of strikers until end of the season, our 4 strikers got a chance agasint Hull, Yeovil and Torquay to prove thenselves.

I don't know why we are talking about a striker when Duffield is yet to come back before the end of the season. Hopefully he be 100% ready for Hull or Yeovil.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blue sky @ April 18 2004,19:01)]besides it rarely works out if players go back a 2nd time
Hmm.

What about Flahaven?
Beard?
Webb (as manager)?

These are just the ones off the top of my head.

I still stick by my choice to take Mark back, and quite frankly if goven the choice would take him over Dudfield in an instant
blues.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LITTLEMAN @ April 18 2004,20:04)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ April 18 2004,19:56)]understand what ur saying littleman but what attraction will a division 1 or 2 striker have to our club?
Money !! I think the club need to splash out on one or two good players, and im sure the club could afford to
Not so sure there.

I'm pretty sure we cant afford to go and buy anything, until will get a bit of cash in the kitty

im not sure if i would take him over dudfield but i personally believe that husbands has more potential than most of the strikers at the blub. he has a good 1st touch, he hs bags of pace, just needs to work on his finishing. i wouldnt mind seeing him on the wing as he could get to the by line and pull it back for the natural finishers in connie and didfield and even rawle if he were to return.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (proud2bashrimper @ April 18 2004,20:53)]the natural finishers in connie and didfield and even rawle if he were to return.
Rawle has never been a natural finisher IMO...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ April 18 2004,21:13)]Im happy with Leon and Dudders ta !
Indeed, Luke. With the talented Jimmy Corbett coming back soon (hopefully), Drewe and Tes, i dont think that Tilly will be looking to bring a striker in over the summer. His priorities are: a goalkeeper, a couple of left sided players, a couple of defenders (right and centre) for competition as i believe Macca, Wilson and maybe even Jenks could be off ...

Kev

Back