• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Marlborough Head and Zone Fun Day

Cricko2

This will be after the home game against the Gills....Saturday the 8th of September.

The Venue...The Marlborough Head, Rochford...

Karl (Grayhound) is having a Fun day which will be family oriented ( So bring your kids) and has kindly invited the Zone to share in this.

We are having a raffle towards the running of the Zone and all donations appreciated.

So far we have.

Grayhound ~ A Case Of Magners.
Grayhound ~ A dvd of SUFC.
Slipper ~ A signed Autobiography of Lee Sharpe.
Slipper ~ An unsigned Autobiography of Shaun Goater.
Trueblue ~ 2 Bottles of Red wine.
The Owners of the Zone ~ Two Zone Polo Shirts.
James (Ux) ~ A copy of "Southend Greats".
James (Ux) ~ some old Watford V Southend Programmes
Shrimpled ~ A signed Shirt and some old Programmes.
Callan ~ A Bunch of Old Programmes.
Cricko ~ A Copy of " A Century United"
SUFC Al ~ A Southend Flag.
Grimmrobes ~ Lots of Cd's.
Canveyshrimper ~ A bottle of Jack Daniels.
Xabia Shrimper ( Mike) A signed Footie shirt from CD Javea

Thanks very much for all the Donations, but we need more, they don't have to be SUFC related.

Please PM myself or Grayhound with your offers ASAP.

Karl will update you with what is happening on the day.

Thanks In Advance.

John @ Karl.

Cheers John,

For those of you that dont know The Marlborough head is across the road from Rochford Train station next to the indian and across the road from the legendry kebab place Stavros.

It will commence after the game, hopefully all being in good spirit after watching the Shrimpers brush of the Gills with ease.

Throughout the day we will be selling tickets for the "Zone" raffle and copies of AAS (released that day) will be sold behind the bar.

There will be a BBQ and music in the beer garden/pub whilst we wait for the England game to commence.

The England game will then be shown on the big screen.

After the game the Pro Evo Trophy that has been kindly donated by the Zone will be presented.

Then the Dj will commence for the night and later on in the evening we will draw the Raffle.

All in all should be a good day and will be nice to put faces to names.

Hope to see you there.

Karl

To add to the Raffle Grimmrobes (Steven) is kindly donating a pile of cd's ..."as below" and is adding some more next week.

"I think I'll give you the 6 latest albums on the Resist label (good house/trance compilations").

Thanks very much :)

Anymore offers of Donations would be Greatly Appreciated.

John.

Karl also any special drinks promotion for the night HINT HINT?!

Ill see what can be arranged. ;)

The DJ is the regular one that plays in the pub. Hes a safety steward at the ground and is a Southend supporter.

Prehaps next time we could get Dave to a set?!?

Last edited:
Canveyshrimper ( Harry) has just kindly donated a bottle of Jack Daniels to the Raffle.

Thanks mate.

John.

Keep em coming Chaps...:)

James Ux ..has managed to aquire a few old Southend programmes today to add...and Mr B has promised his winning prezzies from his "nearest the hole comp" yesterday. I am assuming this is Golf lingo:eek:

Ill see what can be arranged. ;)

The DJ is the regular one that plays in the pub. Hes a safety steward at the ground and is a Southend supporter.

Prehaps next time we could get Dave to a set?!?

I'll dj for you...I'll rip that place up.
That day sounds like it's going to be messy.

We're too late for this one - the combination of Spanish and English postal systems being anywhere near effective just blows my mind - but when you do another (which I assume you will do) then I'll gladly send over a signed CD Javea shirt for the raffle. Doesn't mean much, I know, but it might be worth something when we reach Division 2B ...

;)

We're too late for this one - the combination of Spanish and English postal systems being anywhere near effective just blows my mind - but when you do another (which I assume you will do) then I'll gladly send over a signed CD Javea shirt for the raffle. Doesn't mean much, I know, but it might be worth something when we reach Division 2B ...

;)

Nice gesture XS ... I'm sure the organisers could put that prize in an envelope and you can send it at your earliest convenience

Nice gesture XS ... I'm sure the organisers could put that prize in an envelope and you can send it at your earliest convenience

Well, if the lads go for it then I will. There is a Southend United connection; our manager is Kenny Brown who played six times for the Shrimpers on loan back in 1996.

Yes Please Mike ....Very nice gesture......:)

OK, well stick it in then and I'll try and get one signed this weekend at our first home game of the season. I'm a director this season so I shouldn't have too much of a problem! It's just the postal system I'm more concerned about!!

Back