• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

THE Matt Harrold thread

leeblue

Members⭐
I just want to start off by saying that in the past I have abused the bloke (only on this board mind) but my abuse usually came after a defeat and I was probably a bit emotional etc etc. I am a firm believer that everyone is entitled to their opinion even if driven by the sting of defeat.
However after the first few pre season games the boy is showing that he could do a job for us. I think we can all agree that he was not championship standard (not his fault) but could be effective at a lower level. I am basically saying that I am one Matt Harrold basher that is ready to give the boy another chance, a new season clean slate etc etc. I glad I got that off my chest.

If he doesnt score in the first five games of next season I will be back to calling him a useless C**t;)

He really is the new FE. Well, maybe not, but the lad has done damn well in the 135 minutes of football he has played so far!

:)

My point exactly he doing his job at the moment and you cant ask for more than that I know the opposition not been the best but you can only beat what in front of you

what only a thread? why has the guy not got his own forum on the site? seriously though lets hope that he'll sustain his form into the season, i hate (not really) to say i told you that he may suprise us.

He's done really well in pre-season and if he continues to score he'll undoubtedly get a starting place. I'll reserve judgements on whether he can 'do a job' as a starter until after a few league games, though.

Needless to say I'm not one of his biggest fans, but if he carries on his form during this preseason i would by no means begrudge him a starting position, especially over Lee "What do you mean, Shoot?" Bradbury...

Matty Harrold has started well and deserves every chance. However, let's not fall into the 'build 'em up and knock 'em down' trap. So far so good but let's give him the time and respect to build some momentum by being left to develop his game and place within the team. Looking encouraging so far though- keep it up, Matty.

Billy Paynter is looking quite good too! Lets hope Billy, Gary, Charlie, Matty, Lee and Ademeno all do the business for us this season.

well i thought he had about 2 chance up front, and from one he scored (burnley)

i know he came with a reputation of being good in both positions but i just wouldn't mind seeing him up front a bit because he is good in the air and had a decent shot too

i to would want to see foran up front but at the moment paynter and harrold are looking to be starting against orient. this can change though in the next few performances especially against better teams now

Foran would be fifth on my list to start up front, but hey ho we all know I'm not a fan. Time to prove me wrong, Richie. ;)

Back