• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Mens' World Cup 2022 Sweepstake Draw (Runners & Riders!)

I‘ve kept a low profile up to now “Mon amies “ for obvious reasons.

However if France play like they did last night , Morocco have a good chance of an upset. England were far the better team in the 2nd half.

Isaac Newell, aged 16, left his home in Medway to seek adventure in Argentina in 1869 and ended pioneering the beautiful game there. An exhibition has been put up in the local Guidhall to remember his achievements. The number one sport in Argentina is played by close to 3 million people now, He Founded Newell Old Boys, aided by his son Claudio in 1903, Years later famed for their youth policies (, like us now, ) ?? Messi went through their academy and Maradona spent some time there.

Newells old boys have won the Premier league 6 times. The stadium, in Rosario is now named after their Manager Marcelom Bielsa, 42000 capacity

I have visited La Bombonera, Boca Juniors stadium, Buenos Aires. , known as the chocolate box. Boca have won 73 titles and are supported by 60 million fans world wide !

All from small beginnings and thanks to a youngster from Strood

Isaac Newell, aged 16, left his home in Medway to seek adventure in Argentina in 1869 and ended pioneering the beautiful game there. An exhibition has been put up in the local Guidhall to remember his achievements. The number one sport in Argentina is played by close to 3 million people now, He Founded Newell Old Boys, aided by his son Claudio in 1903, Years later famed for their youth policies (, like us now, ) ?? Messi went through their academy and Maradona spent some time there.

Newells old boys have won the Premier league 6 times. The stadium, in Rosario is now named after their Manager Marcelom Bielsa, 42000 capacity

I have visited La Bombonera, Boca Juniors stadium, Buenos Aires. , known as the chocolate box. Boca have won 73 titles and are supported by 60 million fans world wide !

All from small beginnings and thanks to a youngster from Strood

Me too (on a visit to see our younger daugher studying in BA about 10 years ago now.Also took time out to see matches at the other 2 clubs in BA..Nothing like the atmosphere at La Bombonera though.

I‘ve kept a low profile up to now “Mon amies “ for obvious reasons.

However if France play like they did last night , Morocco have a good chance of an upset. England were far the better team in the 2nd half.
Don't think so but we'll see.

(If anything, FWIW, I think there's more chance of Croatia causing an upst by beating Argentina tonight. :Winking:

Me too (on a visit to see our younger daugher studying in BA about 10 years ago now.Also took time out to see matches at the other 2 clubs in BA..Nothing like the atmosphere at La Bombonera though.
Fantastic , no doubt great experience !!

Similarly visited my youngest daughter teaching English in Buenos Aires, but decided to make the ,most of it and stay and tour as much as I could from Jungle in the North down to staggering across glaciers in clampons down South. highly dodgy in places !

1670964284509.png

the Pumas Into the final ! One of the best Hockey teams in the world too, are the Argentinian Women pumas, a delight to watch

Fantastic , no doubt great experience !!

Similarly visited my youngest daughter teaching English in Buenos Aires, but decided to make the ,most of it and stay and tour as much as I could from Jungle in the North down to staggering across glaciers in clampons down South. highly dodgy in places !

View attachment 23819

the Pumas Into the final ! One of the best Hockey teams in the world too, are the Argentinian Women pumas, a delight to watch
You obviously managed to visit a lot more outside of BA than we did.IRRC we just made a weekend trip to Uruguay. Still our daughter reckons she's in line for a work posting to Brazil next year.Sure it'll be interesting to visit her there in the future!

Back