• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

southchurch

Manager⭐
I now see that Millwall will have to play 2 games before we meet in the JPT.
In theory you would have thought that should give us some advantage.
Or will it ?

Last edited:
I doubt it will have much of a difference to be honest.

This will be a really tough game - Millwall have only lost twice in 14 since we beat them in September.

If they win both of them I'd say it could probably do more harm than good. Would be useful if they could pick up 3/4 injuries in each game seeing as we're about to play them twice in a month.

If they win both of them I'd say it could probably do more harm than good. Would be useful if they could pick up 3/4 injuries in each game seeing as we're about to play them twice in a month.

..... and a red card or two !

We have only lost 3 games. Two very in form sides.

I know that they are professional footballers, but we should be coming into the game a lot fresher and not carry any knocks. May not have much of a difference, but could play a big part in the last 15-20 minutes.

It's very likely that Bomber Harris and Millwall will be really up for this game with Wembley being tantalisingly close for the winners, pretty much like us then. On that basis I predict a blood and guts game, should be a cracker and hopefully a good crowd.

The period ought to give a benefit to us to get over some of the injuries.
It also may allow some analysis of our defending from corners and free kicks, we don't seem to be good at that at present.

Some injuries and cards to Millwall is likely.

And I expect PB will arrange some "behind" closed doors games to work on things too.

Might be an idea to get the players Christmas Party over with early.

Just tried to get tickets online. The option to buy your season ticket seat has passed so they are no longer in your basket. That is fine I can understand that. But when you now try to buy online it only gives you the non-season ticket holder price. So a call or visit to the ticket office is required.
Also as per the other home cup games this season the unsold season ticket holder seats not available to buy online.

That's pretty good going, Millwall only had a 2,500 crowd at home in the last round.
I expect we will sell 4,000 so should be a 5,000+ crowd.
Wasn't they away to Plymouth last round?

I'd be disappointed if the crowd isn't 6,000+. I think Millwall will sell at least 1,500 and I'd like to think we can get at least 4,500. We shall see.

Do not underestimate the toll two games will have on Millwall. Given the choice I would take the rest over two tough December slogs.

True but that is partly balanced up as they (Millwall) could be off at match pace from the start where as we might (might I said) take some while to get to match pace/be disjointed if we have players back from injury. But overall I agree - I would rather have the rest.

Wasn't they away to Plymouth last round?
I'd be disappointed if the crowd isn't 6,000+. I think Millwall will sell at least 1,500 and I'd like to think we can get at least 4,500. We shall see.

Ah yes possibly, must have been the 1st or 2nd round then.

Hoping for a good crowd (I think we will get 5,500+, but perhaps not the 6K mark) although It will be a tough game for us considering their recent form, and us playing on tuesday before making the long trip to Bradford, giving them an extra 2 days rest over us, when we need to focus on the league, im wondering already about Pb team selection.

That being said (as ive said many times before, I love the JPT Cup, and would be great if we could make it to Wembley yet again)... Would I like us to make the Championship? ...Of course..But more realistacly, I think we will fall just short, and build in next season as a solid division 1 promotion contender.

Finishing in mid table and win JPT at Wembley for first time in our history is something I would snapped off your hand, as final is on my birthday!

Last edited:
I have to agree with R.N.

Despite us not being in the FA Cup, I think a rest at this time of the season (especailly with the amount of injuries we have, is a welcome blessing) Also giving the coaching staff etc, the time to study our up-coming games against Millwall and Bradford.
However, Im only guessing obviously, but I just hope that we still keep match sharp during our mini break & maintain the "Purple Patch" that we are currently going through.

If we can get 12 points, from our next 6 league games, I would be happy (especially if we also get the win against Millwall in the JPT)

Back