• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The minimum requirement

To me it is not always about bringing new players in, you just have to deal with what we have better. The manager brought in a ball playing centre half as opposed to a dominant ball winner so you have to adjust for that.

We need to start doing the basics much better and become harder to break down. Most new managers will go into a club and try and get some clean sheets and work from there, our last couple have tried to play out from the back instead. The amount of time the opponents have to look up put crosses into our box is a joke along with the number of times the ball is allowed to bounce from long clearances of goal kicks is nothing to do with the players ages that should be taught at under 12/13's. When teams go down to ten men they make themselves tight and not allow the ball to be played through them, we should be doing that for now and trying to get a goal on the break until we can change either personnel of get some confidence like we did at the end of last season.

It first and foremost comes back to the formation that MM wants to play. I think the working assumption has to be 442 as he has stuck with that despite not have the players in midfield to really handle it.

Really to get away with two in the middle of the park you need a couple of high energy midfielders who can cover the ground and put their foot in. They often will be up against 3 from the opposition so they need to be strong on the ball, great ball retention ideally.

In the recent past we have had the likes of Lenny and Timlin - that would be a good example.

PB knowing the limitations of 442 often played one out and out winger often swapping sides and someone like Atkinson on the other. Again making a 442 a bit more solid in the middle. I guess another potential way is playing a 10 behind the striker who will then drop back and compete in the middle when needed.

Whatever its to be its really important to get the players who fit the system.

What we have seen is that playing two out and out wide players really exposes, or puts under the spotlight, the two in the middle of the park and highlights any weaknesses.

I think you have to be careful suggesting that Westy. I totally understand why, but on a public forum I don't think suggesting protests outside an individual's home is the right thing to do. The SZ owners might want to consider their positions on this.
Agree FBM - however there is a protest planned for after the Morecambe match in the car park apparently - not sure it will do any good but at least some people are willing to do something

Agree FBM - however there is a protest planned for after the Morecambe match in the car park apparently - not sure it will do any good but at least some people are willing to do something

What are you hoping to achieve?....The government lifting all restrictions on Covid, that would certainly save the club. Or how about the council saying yes to FF.

Sorry Rigsby, did you read my post? Where does it say that I am at it? But hey don’t let the facts get in the way of one of your posts. For what it’s worth I will be away for the weekend celebrating a wedding anniversary. But in any case, how is Covid to blame for the aged debts? Agree re the council but with hindsight they appear to be correct to have turned down the retail aspect of whichever set of plans they were - what version are we on now?

Back