• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Memory Lane The Moon Landings

True or not?

• Yes we went to the moon.

Votes: 29 90.6%
  • No it was all faked.

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
That's not the program I watched, and the space expert never mentioned how it would be done. But that sounds as if it would work. I just wouldn't be happy if China gets to the Moon. It's in their nature to see what they can take, rather than to just go there for scientific reasons.

Last night Brian Cox, showed a simple experiment with a battery two connections and water, one produced Oxygen and the other Hydrogen with will produce the necessary fuel to launch a rocket

As I said maybe I was too confused, but that was the principle that was being tested as again the Cox said The moon has an abundance of Oxygen and Hydrogen its a case of being able to nurture

If I am wrong I apologise, but that was basis of the experiment, or so I thought of how rockets can be launched from the moon to Mars without carrying fuel

I bow down to your knowledge and better understanding of Star Gazing last night, was very good to watch but at times like the series The Planets way above my intellect at times

Last night Brian Cox, showed a simple experiment with a battery two connections and water, one produced Oxygen and the other Hydrogen with will produce the necessary fuel to launch a rocket

As I said maybe I was too confused, but that was the principle that was being tested as again the Cox said The moon has an abundance of Oxygen and Hydrogen its a case of being able to nurture
If I am wrong I apologise, but that was basis of the experiment, or so I thought of how rockets can be launched from the moon to Mars without carrying fuel
I bow down to your knowledge and better understanding of Star Gazing last night, was very good to watch but at times like the series The Planets way above my intellect at times

No, I didn't watch that either. It was a space expert on the tele this morning. There's been a lot of space experts and NASA people this week talking about the original Moon landing, and what's in store for the future. I like the Oxygen and Hydrogen mixing for fuel. I never knew that.

Why is Brian Cox hosting Stargazing?

He is a particle phycisist, not an astrophysicist.

We will. If by some miracle humanity is still here in 200 years the moon will be drained of it's resources and we'll be planning a mission to Io or Europa.

The universe is infinite, it is beyond reasonable doubt to think that we are the only sentient being. However we will never meet them and vice versa. The distance is just too far and travelling beyond the speed of light is impossible no matter what @davewebbsbrain might chip in. :Hilarious:

No point talking to you as you are rather blinkered. A lot of things weren't thought possible in the past but have since happened. Open your mind and never say never

No point talking to you as you are rather blinkered. A lot of things weren't thought possible in the past but have since happened. Open your mind and never say never

Not blinkered, realistic. The speed of light can not and will never be exceeded. The end.

Not blinkered, realistic. The speed of light can not and will never be exceeded. The end.

How do you know that? Because someone said so after doing some research? As I have said before, we can only go on what we currently know, not what we don't yet know.

You must be right though, as you put The End

How do you know that? Because someone said so after doing some research? As I have said before, we can only go on what we currently know, not what we don't yet know.

You must be right though, as you put The End

Because maths proves it. E=MC2.

Quite simply to travel even close to the speed of light you need more mass than is available in the Universe. You simply can't get away from that.

Ok, let's say we can. Another factor is the tiny window that a sentient species has evolved suitably to converse with. The window, in the grand scheme of things, is miniscule compared to the length of the Universe. A lot of the light we see from stars is already millions of years old - a lot of those stars are already dead, the planets the orbited them, with any life, consumed by a supernova. There is a supermassive black hole in the centre of our galaxy that not even light can escape from that will one day swallow the remains of our dead sun up.

The basic fact is we are (probably) not alone but we will most definitely not be meeting any alien cousins ever. Sentient life is a mere fart in the grand and pretty much pointless history of the Universe. One day, trillons of years from now, the laws of entropy states that there will be nothing but ions floating about for infinity.

Last edited:
Just seen the best argument that it definitely happened - the USSR would have torn the USA apart if they even had a sniff that it had been faked. They tracked Apollo 11 and knew it was happening for real.

Still waiting for Rigsby to explain the mirrors on the moon. Been waiting for weeks now. Perhaps the only explanation is that men went to the moon and placed them there. Sort of blows the whole conspiracy theory. Come on Rigsby, admit you are wrong!

Back