• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The most ****ed at a Southend game.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ April 22 2004,13:23)]I cannot honestly remember being ****ed at a Southend game, but there are plenty where I wish I had been.

In days of yore I used to watch Spurs from the Shelf when Southend were oop north. Other than England matches (due to corporate entertainment) the one and only time I had way too many was at a home game versus West Ham. Had trouble standing up and nearly didn't permanently after I started singing I'm for ever blowing bubbles. Saved only by the intervention of someone that recognised me.
You have never been ****ed at a Southend game?

Jesus mate you must be suffering from post traumatic stress, i would go to the quack.

If you could times together how boozed + other stuff i was for both Col Ewe games, I think that would take some beating. Those poor poor student girls who we stayed with in colchester that night got educated the southend way

Only ever been really pi$$ed at a blues match once. Colchester away sometime back when we used to wear butcher's coats. A bunch of us drank all the night before and through the night, we somehow managed to find our way to Colchester on the train, where I offered a police dog some of my vodka, got a hefty kick up the arris from its handler and had the rest of my vodka confiscated. I got into the ground, fell asleep, woke up at the end and staggered home while eveyone around me was having lots of fun. I decided then that football is more enjoyable sober.

I've been ****ed at Southend games a few times over the years but have to go right back to the late 70's for the worst ever.

Friday night match home to Newport (drew 1-1 apparently). Colleague/fellow supporter's 21st birthday, pub at lunchtime, pub before game. I watched a 22 a side match with 2 refs, 4 linesmen and a pitch that kept swaying in front of me. I had to be propped up for much of the game.

Of course, this terrible experience made me take the pledge and I've never been ****ed at a match since. Well, not against Newport anyway.
biggrin.gif

Middlesbrough away at Ayresome Park sometime in the early 90's. We were stuck on an open terrace in the corner of the ground. I think the final score was 1-1.

I'd got an early train out of King's Cross (not a dry train!) and spent a good few hours in a pub before the game too. I can remember marvelling about how cheap the beer was and then.....not much else.

Any details about the game would be much appreciated.

When we put six past Oxford a few years ago I missed four of the goals due to a weak bladder developed after consumption of more than a few beers. Very soon my mates were encouraging me to head off for the pit for the rest of the match ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ April 22 2004,18:33)]I would like to nominate Napster for York away last season.  
tounge.gif
Okey-dokey ... I nominate Scriv for Macclesfield away last season ...

And for the "Worst Hangover at a Match" award, I nominate Shooter McGavin for the game at Cardiff last month!

WS

Most ****ed at a Southend game for me would be Darlo away last year. TCB's Xmas Party, many beers on the way up included the worst beer i have ever drunk (Dave The Shrimper bought a crate of Fink Brau with him )

Drinking in the town for a few hours and Hound wins a crate of Carlsberg for the journey home. Go to game, but leave at half time due to some of the worst stewarding i have seen at a football ground. Head back to that pub for a few hours then head home with the crate of beer.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ April 22 2004,18:53)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ April 22 2004,18:33)]I would like to nominate Napster for York away last season.  
tounge.gif
I nominate Ian for Bournemouth away last season.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ April 22 2004,18:53)]
[b said:
tounge.gif

And for the "Worst Hangover at a Match" award, I nominate Shooter McGavin for the game at Cardiff last month!

WS
That's what drinking about 7 cans of Strongbow before you get to Macclesfield does to you!

Although I think Swansea away with Ninja a few years a go was worse. Seven double vodkas and Red Bull didn't help!

Back