• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The "My Car is stuffed thread"

The General

The Mouse (*)
Chaps,

Just found out my 51 Peogeot is now pretty much dead to me. I thought the clutch had gone and was prepared to pay a couple of hundred quid to get it fixed etc... However, they've (Mr Clutch) had a quick look and it looks like its the gear box and considering how much that costs, compared to the value of the car, i'd say i'd be very suprised if i ever use it again!

So what im asking you guys is:

Do you know anyone who will take it off my hands for a small amount and they like fixing cars up and then they can sell it on or use it themselves or whatever. I've had alot of work done to it over the past 2 years and i thought i'd just started to get on with the thing again but its gone and done this to me.

If not, does anyone know what the best local company is who come and pick it up for a price and take it away for me!

Any help would be excellent!
Some of you lot on here must know some dodgy local fella's who can help me out here (Cricko, im looking at you ;-))

A rather annoyed General!

x

Why not try to get the gearbox fixed from somebody cheaper than Mr Clutch.

PM Sent.

Chaps,

Just found out my 51 Peogeot is now pretty much dead to me. I thought the clutch had gone and was prepared to pay a couple of hundred quid to get it fixed etc... However, they've (Mr Clutch) had a quick look and it looks like its the gear box and considering how much that costs, compared to the value of the car, i'd say i'd be very suprised if i ever use it again!

Do you know anyone who will take it off my hands for a small amount and they like fixing cars up and then they can sell it on or use it themselves or whatever. I've had alot of work done to it over the past 2 years and i thought i'd just started to get on with the thing again but its gone and done this to me.

If not, does anyone know what the best local company is who come and pick it up for a price and take it away for me!

Some of you lot on here must know some dodgy local fella's who can help me out here (Cricko, im looking at you ;-))

x

Noting the penultimate paragraph... did Cricko PM you TrueBlue's email address or do you have it already?

Chaps,

x

If it has an MOT and you can drive it into a Toyota dealership, they will give you 2k off a new Toyota

Having just spoken to the guys down at Mr Clutch, they have put things in a more positive manner but still thinking about what to do.

They reckon i could get a 2nd hand gearbox for £100-150 but then it still all needs to be fitted and the clutch still needs to get done. Any recommendation of local place that might sell such a thing?!

Head is very much up in the air and must admit the thought of buying a new car with the scrappage scheme is a very good one webby so i will look into that too.

Kev

Whoever they chose make sure they will re-fill all your ashtrays and replace the suckers on your Garfield at no extra cost.

Having just spoken to the guys down at Mr Clutch, they have put things in a more positive manner but still thinking about what to do.

They reckon i could get a 2nd hand gearbox for £100-150 but then it still all needs to be fitted and the clutch still needs to get done. Any recommendation of local place that might sell such a thing?!

Head is very much up in the air and must admit the thought of buying a new car with the scrappage scheme is a very good one webby so i will look into that too.

Kev

Don't be suckered by a 'scrappage' scheme. You should be able to negotiate just as good - if not better - deal without it. You can then sell your call for scrap separately.

Ooooo i mention Toyota to the Peugeot Toomey Group people and they want my custom. Good advice MattE. Time to see what i can wrangle!!

:)

Ooooo i mention Toyota to the Peugeot Toomey Group people and they want my custom. Good advice MattE. Time to see what i can wrangle!!

:)

My next piece of advice is to avoid Toomeys like the plague - especially the Peugeot side of the operation. From my experience they will be fine whilst selling you the motor but will not want to know if there is a problem. The Peugeot dealer over in Chelmsford is ok though.

Back