• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blue Yonder

Schoolboy⭐⭐
I've seen bits and pieces in other threads and names bandied around including Dean Austin, Steve Tilson and Alex Dyer. Do we have any idea yet ? Have I missed any announcements ? Thanks

I've not heard any announcements so I'd guess for Saturday, it will be KM and RD. plenty of experience there though. In fact, if RD wasn't so important to our youth set up, he'd be first team coach.

I've seen bits and pieces in other threads and names bandied around including Dean Austin, Steve Tilson and Alex Dyer. Do we have any idea yet ? Have I missed any announcements ? Thanks

Yes - Stan Collymore was mentioned on Wiki

Ive heard that david roche is coming back as head of security and that paul roberts is sorting out all the players match suits.
Oh and Richie Foran is organising the players wives nights out. :winking:

If Wiki is to be believed Roger Cross is ex-West Ham scout. Sacked by WH in 2011, now aged 69.

Wiki doesn't mention any recent jobs.

he has been at Charlton as their scout for a few years now.

Chris Powell signed 19 (!) players in the summer of 2011 at Charlton and that lot were champions by a distance in 2011/12. If Roger Cross was scout then we want him.

The new name being banded about, and one I'm told I can mention is Damian Matthew as a possible for the head coach role, maybe assistant Manager. He was promoted to head coach by Chris Powell at Charlton. He was actually kept on by their next Two Managers, so he can't be that bad. He was head coach when Charlton got a massive 101 points when winning the Division One title.

Noticed that ex-Col Ewe manager Kevin Keen was at the game today, currently coaching at Palace as far as I can tell.

Noticed that ex-Col Ewe manager Kevin Keen was at the game today, currently coaching at Palace as far as I can tell.

Is there a connection? Can't imagine SCP would have someone alongside he'd not worked with before.

Certainly at today's game SCP was talking to and listening very much to Mr Duncan. Having Klass, Norman and Kyp on the bench with Dru playing indicates that for present youth may be the way we will be going.

Keen is at Palace at the moment. He might have been scouting one of ours or Scunthorpe’s players for them (possibly that right back)?

Keen is at Palace at the moment. He might have been scouting one of ours or Scunthorpe’s players for them (possibly that right back)?
That was my first thought, though couldn't think of anyone who would particularly stand out. Having looked around a bit they've been linked with their winger, Hakeeb Adelakun (number 16), though don't think he did himself many favours if that was the case.

Back