• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Poll will close in 1 hour so if you haven't voted, make sure you do so now :smiles:

We have a winner

34oplqa.jpg

Personally, I would prefer a logo with a symbol of Southend or Southend United. The Essex Swords are ..Essex. That includes Colchester and is as relevent to Col U as it is to us. The same goes for "The Essex Boys in Blue" chant...Col U are Essex and play in blue.
Would rather something unique to Southend United and our support.

However, good work and fantastic enthusiasm!!

Personally, I would prefer a logo with a symbol of Southend or Southend United. The Essex Swords are ..Essex. That includes Colchester and is as relevent to Col U as it is to us. The same goes for "The Essex Boys in Blue" chant...Col U are Essex and play in blue.
Would rather something unique to Southend United and our support.

However, good work and fantastic enthusiasm!!

Colchester would need a fan base first for 'The Blue Voice' or 'The Essex Boys in Blue' to have an relevance to them.

Ha ha true!!!
Still, I think the logo should represent Southend United and these all represent just Essex.

Well we are the pride of Essex. I bet if you was to conduct a survey around the country, asking name a football team from Essex, we would come out on top by a country mile.

There is also a shrimp on the logo and the waves in the background.

I agree with what you say regarding us being The Pride of Essex. However, if Col U launched a symbol that had very little to do with Col U and almost as much to do with us..I would be chuckling at them.
I did not even notice the Shrimp.
With respect, TBV is linked closely to SZ...which has it's roots totally in SUFC and being Shrimpers. So why not use a Shrimp logo? Shrimpers Zone, Southend United, The Shrimpers Club, ...we are The Shrimpers after all.
If our kit had a Shrimp as a crest (early 70's) it is representative of Southend United (sadly Morecambe use similar) but if we had only (not as incorporated as 1/4 of the club crest)
the Essex Swords as the crest ..it would represent the county of Essex..totally different.

Heyyy, to be fair. After a much closer inspection, the sea, football and shrimp are all included..which is great.
I was reacting to first glance..which just shouts Essex to me.
Good work..whatever the crest, just support the lads as well as you do!

Back