• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The New Club Shop

Westcliff Shrimper

Director of Footballs⭐
Club Shop Opens Next Monday

Just noticed on the official site that the new club shop opens until 8pm on it's opening day, and that it will be open until 3pm on non-matchday Saturdays.

This is a good idea - wonder if the new owners have thought about having a late night opening until 8pm once during the week, like most shops?

Just a thought.....  
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CI-City Blue @ July 26 2005,11:28)]wonder if the new owners have thought about having a late night opening until 8pm during the week, like most shops?
when I suggested this idea last November in time for the pre-Christmas rush it was flatly refused and the member of the Commercial Team who I spoke to ( who shall remain nameless ) said 'there wouldn't be a demand, not cost effective' etc...............
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ July 26 2005,11:33)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CI-City Blue @ July 26 2005,11:28)]wonder if the new owners have thought about having a late night opening until 8pm during the week, like most shops?
when I suggested this idea last November in time for the pre-Christmas rush it was flatly refused and the member of the Commercial Team who I spoke to ( who shall remain nameless ) said 'there wouldn't be a demand, not cost effective' etc...............
rock.gif
Fair enough - but now that the shop has been franchised out, maybe a more receptive responce would now be received....

I'm sure if there was some decent quality merchandise in there the demand would be there too...

Infact if there was any merchandise in there, that would be a start!!.

Why doesn't that surprise me!

On Saturday we tried to go to the temporary club shop ( to offload some hard earnt sheckells into the clubs coffers) only to be told that as we were sitting in the upper south we could not get to the shop as only East- black or green seats had access to it
rock.gif

Disappointed kids yet again.

Think they were hoping to make a killing at the open day on Sunday, but as the weather was so crap i think that sales were not as good as hoped for.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ July 26 2005,11:33)]
[b said:
rock.gif
How did they work out it wasn't cost effective?

The cost of keeping the shop open is extemely marginal. It's the cost of a couple of members of staff and a bit of leccy for a couple of hours.

All they would need to do is sell, say two shirts, and they would have covered costs. Coming up to xmas i'm sure they would have managed sales like that of an evening.

Mind you, to do that they would have needed some stock.  
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ July 26 2005,11:41)]I'm sure if there was some decent quality merchandise in there the demand would be there too...

Infact if there was any merchandise in there, that would be a
From what Claire (the Club Shop Manager) was telling me on Sunday, there will be decent merchandise to buy, and there will be plenty of stock.

Now, if only the club sold chips.....
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (londonblue @ July 26 2005,11:54)]The cost of keeping the shop open is extemely marginal. It's the cost of a couple of members of staff and a bit of leccy for a couple of hours.

All they would need to do is sell, say two shirts, and they would have covered costs. Coming up to xmas i'm sure they would have managed sales like that of an evening.
exactly my thoughts - but I was so shocked at the negative comments I could barely move let alone speak  
glare.gif

Claire (I think that's who I spoke to on Monday) also told me that as the shop is a franchise & the tills are actually linked by computer to the warehouse/supplier, we would not run out of stock as the franchise owners would be able to replenish stocks as & when they were running low as they would have that info available to them.
Naturally, sounds highly unlikely, yet I will be down at the new shop next Monday to give my money to SUFC in exchange for 2 full kits for my 2 boys to test out the plenty of stock theory.
Or will it be a wasted journey?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Claire (I think that's who I spoke to on Monday) also told me that as the shop is a franchise & the tills are actually linked by computer to the warehouse/supplier, we would not run out of stock as the franchise owners would be able to replenish stocks as & when they were running low as they would have that info available to them.
Naturally, sounds highly unlikely, yet I will be down at the new shop next Monday to give my money to SUFC in exchange for 2 full kits for my 2 boys to test out the plenty of stock theory.

Im willing to bet money that the stock in the shop will never run low, as what clare told you is true. will probably be just like other stores such as Debenhams very very rarely running low on stock

Think I may well attend the opening. Would like to purchase the away shirt for the season. Seeing as I didn't attend the Meet the Blues day, and therefore didn't pre-order a shirt, what are the chances of being able to purchase one come the opening day?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ July 26 2005,12:33)]when I suggested this idea last November in time for the pre-Christmas rush it was flatly refused and the member of the Commercial Team who I spoke to ( who shall remain nameless ) said 'there wouldn't be a demand, not cost effective' etc...............
rock.gif
*** shaking head in disbelief ***

Another example of the short-sightedness of the Commercial Department.

Pathetic ...

WS

glare.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Norwichsufc @ July 26 2005,11:43)]Why doesn't that surprise me!

On Saturday we tried to go to the temporary club shop ( to offload some hard earnt sheckells into the clubs coffers) only to be told that as we were sitting in the upper south we could not get to the shop as only East- black or green seats had access to it
rock.gif

Disappointed kids yet again.
I had that problem too.i was in yellow east.silly place to have a club shop where you cant get to it
sad.gif

Maybe you should stop shaking your head and pay attention as the Commercial Department does not operate the Club shop!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ July 26 2005,11:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (londonblue @ July 26 2005,11:54)]The cost of keeping the shop open is extemely marginal. It's the cost of a couple of members of staff and a bit of leccy for a couple of hours.

exactly my thoughts - but I was so shocked at the negative comments I could barely move let alone speak  
glare.gif
When talking about the Christmas period, the economical reasons as to not opening later just dont add up at all. The marginal revenue of keeping the shop open would outweigh the marginal cost of keeping it open.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Blue man @ July 27 2005,17:01)]Maybe you should stop shaking your head and pay attention as the Commercial Department does not operate the Club shop!!
So why does the Commercial Team deem it fit to make comment then?! Perhaps they should keep their mouths shut in future to avoid any confusion.

I quote : "a member of the Commercial Team who I spoke to ( who shall remain nameless ) said 'there wouldn't be a demand, not cost effective'"

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Blue man @ July 27 2005,17:01)]Maybe you should stop shaking your head and pay attention as the Commercial Department does not operate the Club shop!!

Perhaps the Commercial Department can stop getting all defensive and work out what an anniversary is and why it's set in stone ...

WS

perhaps, as being a staff member, the person in the commercial department knew why the folks in charge of the club shop had elected not to stay open late?

Back