• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

the new oasis album

They haven't released a decent new album - the b sides collection and greatest hits excepted - since Morning Glory.

That opinion is as a fan speaking as well!

They haven't released a decent new album - the b sides collection and greatest hits excepted - since Morning Glory.

That opinion is as a fan speaking as well!

you wait till you hear the new one sir!

I am a big Oasis fan, and I actually thought the last album was excellent, and a return to form. The first two albums were so good that it was almost impossible for further albums to be to the same standard, although the Masterplan album runs them close.

Will be very interested in the new album!!

I still really like 'Be Here Now' which actually has some of my favourite Oasis tracks. Not much liked anything since then but will pick up the new album at some point.

Because it's Oasis everyones expectations can be too high. If it was another bands 1st or 2nd album I reckon it would go down well

I think Dyer know what I mean is still my favourite Oasis tune. The main difference in Oasis' material since that second LP is that the tunes have taken a back seat and the band have sounded more 70's like in the dirge like production. See Hindu times, gas panic and the current single. Personally, I've really liked most of their records and think they've all been patchy barring the debut. But I'd rather have them still knocking tunes out than going on hiatus.

I just don't think even an album of Revolver-esque magnitude would convince fans they were any cop again, such is the effect of nostalgia and that early 90's indie scene...

Bought it today and from what I've heard so far, it is very very good. Little tip for people looking at buying it the old fashioned way (over the counter), its only £6.97 from Tesco for this week only

Like most Oasis fans i thought the first two albums were exceptional, thought Be Here Now was not too bad but my copy of Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants is still in its wrapper, obviously The Masterplan was excellent but that was all old stuff anyway ... not bought anything since as i've not been that impressed with what i've heard so i'll reserve judgement on the new album until i've heard a few tracks

Back