• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Westcliff Shrimper

Director of Footballs⭐
Afternoon,

Thanks to Manor15 for updating the squad contracts, and it's great to see the new youth team players getting their first deals. Let's hope they make it through to a longer term deal before long.

However, I'm not sure where each of them actually play? Can someone in the know give a quick precis of each of them especially in regards to their position on the pitch?

Ta Shrimper Family.

Josh Bexon - 2018 - (he's a goalkeeper, I know that)
Harry Kyprianou - 2018 - (left back or centre back?)
Dan Matsuzaka - 2018 - (centre back?)
Sonny Coutts - 2018 - (centre back?)
Joe Bedford - 2018
Nico Cotton - 2018
Renei Batlokwa - 2018
Harry Phillips - 2018
Norman Wabo - 2018 - (centre forward?)

Afternoon,

Thanks to Manor15 for updating the squad contracts, and it's great to see the new youth team players getting their first deals. Let's hope they make it through to a longer term deal before long.

However, I'm not sure where each of them actually play? Can someone in the know give a quick precis of each of them especially in regards to their position on the pitch?

Ta Shrimper Family.

Josh Bexon - 2018 - (he's a goalkeeper, I know that)
Harry Kyprianou - 2018 - (left back or centre back?)
Dan Matsuzaka - 2018 - (centre back?)
Sonny Coutts - 2018 - (centre back?)
Joe Bedford - 2018
Nico Cotton - 2018
Renei Batlokwa - 2018
Harry Phillips - 2018
Norman Wabo - 2018 - (centre forward?)
Bexon goalkeeper.
Kyprianou left back, some seem to think he could play central but don't think I've seen him play there at all.
Matsuzaka and Coutts central defence.
Beford central midfield.
Cotton is a winger, think left but that may be wrong.
Batlokwa is usually a right winger I believe but can also play centrally.
Phillips is an attacking midfielder, central.
Wabo is a forward, think central but can play wide.

Some really good players coming through this season. Also hope to see Dan Walker get a pro deal soon too. As far as I'm aware:

Bexon - GK
Kyprianou - LB (can play CB/LM)
Matsuzaka - CB
Coutts - CB
Bedford - CM
Cotton - Winger
Batlokwa - CM/Winger
Phillips - Attacking midfielder/number 10
Wabo - Striker

Also, great to see that, minus a right back, we pretty much have a whole squad of talented under-21's coming through.

Bexon

? - Coutts - Matsuzaka - Kyprianou

Batlokwa - Bedford - Phillips - Cotton

Wabo - Walker

All credit to Duncan, Huzzy and King Kev. We're looking in great shape for the future and the yoofs are easily the strongest they've ever been.

Ta all. Makes a lot more sense now.

Wonder who out of the central midfielders will make the bench in the absence of Wordsworth assuming Lenny and Tims will start?

Agents eh? Necessary evil or no longer required?

Bit of both I would say! They certainly do have their uses, but I hate the influence they have over players nowadays. It's within an agents interest for their client to move clubs which is a good reason why there's no loyalty in football anymore. Seen too many good footballers achieve half as much as they should've done in their career because they listened to an agent who put his own pocket above their career. It's a real shame but just the way it is.

Didnt he get injured against Partick ?

I'm not too sure actually. He was made available for transfer but it all went quiet and then he was pictured at the airport about to get on the plane to Spain. So he's definitely still in and around the squad. Maybe he'll stay after all. Hoepfully he's not injured too badly as I was hoping this season might be a breakthrough for him. Especially if Woody will miss the first part.

Dru Yearwood also who brown seems to rate. Could it be the year of the Yearwood?
Have heard from a reliable source that PB believes Dru is a big prospect and also another youngster called Emile Acquah, so hoping these kids and develop and progress at SUFC and not get poached by any premier****e academies

I see Sewa Marah got 4 goals today for the under 18's (but we did lose 5-4!) on top of scoring twice vs Exeter so he must have a bit about him!

Have heard from a reliable source that PB believes Dru is a big prospect and also another youngster called Emile Acquah, so hoping these kids and develop and progress at SUFC and not get poached by any premier****e academies

dru played well today will see if his got it when the real football begins I hope so.....

Also, great to see that, minus a right back, we pretty much have a whole squad of talented under-21's coming through.

Bexon

? - Coutts - Matsuzaka - Kyprianou

Batlokwa - Bedford - Phillips - Cotton

Wabo - Walker

All credit to Duncan, Huzzy and King Kev. We're looking in great shape for the future and the yoofs are easily the strongest they've ever been.
Amazing!When watching our youngsters beat their Norwich equivalents last season,I thought our right-back Elvis Bwomono was the best player on the pitch!

I'm excited to see some of these players this year. I'd honestly be happy to see us develop these players over a couple of seasons even if it meant we didn't get promoted (as long as we didn't go down!)

Dru Yearwood also who brown seems to rate. Could it be the year of the Yearwood?

Looked decent against braintree but let's not forget it's braintree. But on what I saw I would say there is very high potential there. Good tackling. Decent passing and looks to have that bit of swagger that comes with a confident player.

Yeah i was pretty impressed with Dru Yearwood on saturday . Showed a rawness and some of his tackles were a little rash , but i thought he showed great strength and maturity in his overall play. Made a couple of decent runs forward too , only good goalkeeping by ex Shrimper Nathan McDonald stopped him scoring his big chance. One for the future , but too early to step into the cut and thrust of div one just yet i'd say. I'd like Brown to bury his hatchet with Jack Bridge and give him an attacking central midfield role. When Wordsworth is not around he is the player most likely to open up a defence. Just give the lad a chance!!!!!

Back