• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The next two weeks

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
We now have two weeks before we play again and it will be interesting to see what happens during that time, both on and off the pitch. New players through the door? Old managers out the door? everything is possible. One thing is certain amongst all of that, ShrimperZone won't be able to influence any events that may occur. Of course we can make things up, we can rant and rave (we're good at that), or we can all take a deep breath, chill out and just wait and see how things unravel.

Me? I've done my agonising, ranting and raving, and for the good of my peace of mind I'm going for the deep breath chill out route. So which way are you headed?

Pretty much the same as you RHB. Anger is receding now after last Saturday.
Will just sit back and see what develops over next 2 weeks.
To be honest I’ve no confidence that any signing if it happens will be what we need. But we live in hope !

I don't think we will sign anyone if Ron is thinking of getting rid of Brown. I suppose it will give us more of a budget for the next manager rather being left with another passed it player on a two year contract

I remember (just) the days of jumping around the room, clapping hands above my head after we'd scored, or extremely anxiously pacing around the room, shaking, with hands pulling at my hair, praying we could hold out for the last ten minutes.
Saturday, I spent most of the match playing belote (a card game) on my telephone, whilst the commentary was on. The last minute goal didn't lead to an bodily collapse, with head in the hands. It was received with blankness, numbness and even a sardonic little smile................like, "well what did you expect?"
I think my defence systems have well and truly kicked in.
Would agree the next two weeks will indicate the degree of support PB has from RM. If there are no new signings and no great change in results, I doubt PB will still be here come the end of October.

Last edited:
I remember (just) the days of jumping around the room, clapping hands above my head after we'd scored, or extremely anxiously pacing around the room, shaking, with hands pulling at my hair, praying we could hold out for the last ten minutes.
Saturday, I spent most of the match playing belote (a card game) on my telephone, whilst the commentary was on. The last minute goal didn't lead to an bodily collapse, with head in the hands. It was received with blankness, numbness and even a sardonic little smile................like, "well what did you expect?"
I think my defence systems have well and truly kicked in.
Would agree the next two weeks will indicate the degree of support PB has from RM. If there are no new signings and no great change in results, I doubt PB will still be here come the end of October.
Totally get that . My extreme “close to tears“ anger is nearly gone, and has been replaced by a sort of numb acceptance of our demise. The passion has become dulled by the growing reality of what is left of our club and the almost certain prospect that the toxic Martin has finally done for us.

Accepting the reality is a gut wrencher…… but the time for dreaming is over.

The other alternative is to do fek all, sit on our hands, paint some wood, plant spring bulbs, Take a mini break in Scarborough or Bournemuoth , and hope Phil can induce an effort in the meantime, for us to battle for the 18th finishing slot in the table

Think how bad it would be at the moment if ShrimperZone didn't exist. Nowhere to share the pain and nowhere to let off steam. Mind you, it wouldn't surprise me if productivity went up in certain places of work without the Zone.
Its good and bad. Without the zone we would all grumble about defeat in the pub immediately afterwards, but then that would probably be it until the next game.

The zone does prolong the pain of a defeat a little, but then the reverse happens when we eventually get a win. The feel good factor returns and everyone seems a little bit happier on the zone.

I know my productivity would defiantly go up without the zone. It will go up slightly come October when I'm back in the office for 3 days a week. No longer can I have 1 of my 4 screens dedicated to ShrimperZone

The other alternative is to do fek all, sit on our hands, paint some wood, plant spring bulbs, Take a mini break in Scarborough or Bournemuoth , and hope Phil can induce an effort in the meantime, for us to battle for the 18th finishing slot in the table
Sadly, that will probably be seen as a 'result' right now and probably celebrated by Ron and co for 'stopping the rot'

Back