• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Too late at night for me to be interested in that one. Another two teams who are over-hyped because they are big-market franchises. They're not bad teams, but they wouldn't be getting anywhere near as much attention if they were from somewhere smaller.

I see what you're saying, but they're both going to be in the NFC mix-up again this year. Of course, that's just a contest to see who gets thumped by New England or Indy in the Super Bowl....

I see what you're saying, but they're both going to be in the NFC mix-up again this year. Of course, that's just a contest to see who gets thumped by New England or Indy in the Super Bowl....

True, the NFC is as you say very much the poorer cousin to the AFC at the moment. You can probably still include the Broncos or the Chargers from the AFC West and whoever survives from the AFC North as in the shake-up for the AFC Championship. Its a long old season and I'm far from convinced its a Pats v Colts game for the AFC Championship. A lot will depend who survives the regular seasons with fewest injuires.

In the NFC both the Bears and the Cowboys should win their divisions, but I'd expect the likes of the Seahawks, the Panthers and maybe the Saints to be a sterner test in the post-season.

True, the NFC is as you say very much the poorer cousin to the AFC at the moment. You can probably still include the Broncos or the Chargers from the AFC West and whoever survives from the AFC North as in the shake-up for the AFC Championship. Its a long old season and I'm far from convinced its a Pats v Colts game for the AFC Championship. A lot will depend who survives the regular seasons with fewest injuires.

In the NFC both the Bears and the Cowboys should win their divisions, but I'd expect the likes of the Seahawks, the Panthers and maybe the Saints to be a sterner test in the post-season.

Well that was worth getting up early for :minger:

Dallas were mightily impressive in winning 33-10 - their offensive line gave Romo so much space with which to work - but Chicago were awful. 'Wrecks' Grossman was at his worst last night and a return for Brian Griese looks on the cards.

The Bengals lost again :-(

Another close game which went down to the wire. As much as everyone goes on about the Bengal's defence being the problem, I think its special teams which is killing them. A 72yard kick-off return set up the first touchdown, a kick-off out of bounds set-up the winning touchdown and the icing on the cake a special teams fumble to give away the ball with a minute left when they only needed a field goal and had 3 time-outs remaining.

Uxbridge - good news - Rex is out, Griese is in. Im not sure whether to hope we have a terrible season to pick up a decent QB for the future in the draft, or hope this kick starts another superbowl run...

Uxbridge - good news - Rex is out, Griese is in. Im not sure whether to hope we have a terrible season to pick up a decent QB for the future in the draft, or hope this kick starts another superbowl run...

That is good news, Wrecks is a busted flush.

I see your point about maybe hoping for a poor season. Given all the injuries affecting the defense, there's no way the Bears will do much even if they do get in to the play-offs and given they are already two games behind the Packers that is starting to look tricky.

Interesting weekend. As ever the most interesting division is the AFC North. The Steelers were unable to get their runing game working and lost at Arizona, whilst the Cleveland Browns shocked the Ravens

Well done also to Brian Griese for making Rex Grossman look good in their defeat at Detriot. The Bears are now 1 and 3.

The Cowboys, the Colts and the Packers all win games they should have done, to maintain 4 and 0 records, whilst the Seahawks had a good win at San Fran to go 3 and 1.

My Bengals face the Pats tonight on MNF. Late night for me, although I think the Bengals are too banged up to spring an upset on the SB favourites. They are struggling to field enough linebackers, whilst their Special Teams have had so many changes they probably don't know each others names. Shame as it could have been cracker otherwise, as Brady v Palmer is as about as mouthwatering as it gets.

No problem, thing is I don't get this game why do they feel the need t ware all this protection tripe when our rugby counter parts don't?
Biggest difference is, in Rugby you can tackle the man with the ball. In the NFL you can block (hit) people in your way, and when a guy is running withthe ball or makes a catch you can hit him rather than tackle.

If a lineman can get through the defensive line, and the QB still has the ball in his hands, thename of the game is to try and inflict an injury that wil pt him out of the game.

Watch some of the hits and you will soon see why thy wear more protection.
Also, the use of helmets makes players slighlty more dangerous and bold.

and teams moving location whats up with that!
This is basically because most teams (apart from Green Bay) are owned by an individual. If another town offers a better deal then off they can go.

I went to a Tenessee Titans game and was chatting to some of the locals. The city/state held a referendum to see if the people wanted to pay more tax so they could fund an NFL team and they had a bigger turnout than they do for the Presedential election, voting by a vast majority to accept so the Houston Oilers became the Tenesse Titans.

The City built them a new stadium, new training facilities and made other financial incentives available like reduction in taxes etc.

The stadium is only built on 3 sides to deliberatly keep the capacity down, and the demand for tickets is therefore always high and sold out. This doesnt really matter as an NFL rule states if the game isnt sold out the week before, it cannot be televised in the local area, so the TV station buys up any remaining tickets.

Well done also to Brian Griese for making Rex Grossman look good in their defeat at Detriot. The Bears are now 1 and 3.

Yes, yes, I know :thump:

Only consolation was that I backed Detroit at 109/1 with a view to laying them off and they're now 69/1, so I can lock in a profit at least.

Yes, yes, I know :thump:

Only consolation was that I backed Detroit at 109/1 with a view to laying them off and they're now 69/1, so I can lock in a profit at least.

Do you think there is a way we can line Hester up at QB and either have him hand off to Hester or throw it deep to Hester?

I was on the NFL site getting the score updates on sunday and i was miserable... 34 points in the 4th qtr. So emberassing.

Miserable? You should try being a Bills Fan, then you know what miserable means.
Although a rookie starter helps them get their first win of the season, largely thanks to an interception with about 20 seconds to go.

Do you think there is a way we can line Hester up at QB and either have him hand off to Hester or throw it deep to Hester?

I was on the NFL site getting the score updates on sunday and i was miserable... 34 points in the 4th qtr. So emberassing.

I was watching that too. There's something about the graphical display on that live score application that makes an interception seem so much worse than it is on tv :(

I was watching that too. There's something about the graphical display on that live score application that makes an interception seem so much worse than it is on tv :(

Your right, the one that freaked me out the most was in the last 30 seconds. Knowing we needed to onside kick the graphic and the text showed a long kick into the endzone and a 99yard return for a TD.... i was going ballistic at the screen, before a couple of minutes later it popped up as a 40 yard return.

I did notice that for some reason we did appear to be going backwards a lot on the graphic........

I more than made up for it by completing an unbeaten season on Madden 08 on the xbox.......

Any Giants fans on here?
The Mrs draws the line at watching NFL so I'm not beneftting from Sky's increased coverage this season :(

Any Giants fans on here?
The Mrs draws the line at watching NFL so I'm not beneftting from Sky's increased coverage this season :(

No, but I did have a Lawrence Taylor shirt when I was younger. Not sure my parents would have approved if they'd known what a coke-snorting whore-shagging so-and-so he was :hilarious:

No problem, thing is I don't get this game why do they feel the need t ware all this protection tripe when our rugby counter parts don't?

and teams moving location whats up with that!

Bring back XFL?

As mentioned, you'd do some serious damage (they do anyway) if they were unpadded. I presume they used to in 'the good old days' and I'm amazed if no-one was killed!

It always makes me laugh how in football you might get one injury in a match and in NHL/NFL, the injury list is comically long...

I think the Bengals are too banged up to spring an upset on the SB favourites. They are struggling to field enough linebackers,

Got that one right :(

The Bengals had only 4 linebackers dressed, lost one of them in the first play of the evening and ended up playing 2/3 of the game with just two linebackers - their 8th and 9th choice linebackers at that. Unsurprisingly they couldn't cope with a high-powered Pats offense.

Missing their Randy Moss-esque 3rd receiver, the gun-totting suspended Chris Henry, allowed the Pats were able to double mark TJ and Ocho-Cinco and the Bengals 4th choice RB couldn't establish the running game enough to live with the Brady - Moss combination.

Stayed up and watched it until the final 2 minute warning, which was at about 4:30am.
closedeyes.gif

Back