• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
Got my e-mail giving me my password for the Giants v Dolphins game at Wembley. Undecided whether I'll actually go, as its a fair bit of money for two teams I have little interest in, but I've until Wednesday to decide. I think a few people on here said they might be going.

Watched the first half of the Saints @ the Colts last night. Comfortable win for the Colts in the end, although it was 10-10 when I went to bed. The Colts had however established the run, which inevitably was going to open up space for Manning for the passing game. Neither Manning nor Brees seemed to quite got their timing yet.

Looking forward to the Ravens @ the Bengals on Monday night. This is clearly the biggest game of the weekend as its the Monday night game. It is also a division rivalry (unlike Indianapolis v New Orleans, or San Diego v Chicago, which Uxbridge delusionally thinks is a bigger game), and in the toughest division in the NFL at that. It also pits one of the top defences in Baltimore, with players like Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Terrell Suggs against one of the top offences in Cincinnati, with Carson Palmer, Chad Johnson, Rudi Johnson and TJ Housmanzadeh.

Cinci, had a pretty tough pre-season. Not one of their 2005 first day draft picks will make it onto the pitch. First rounder David Pollack is still suffering from a career-threatening neck injury and second and third round choices Odell Thurman and Chris Henry have been suspended for a season and 8 games respectively (2006 3rd round pick Frostee Rucker is also suspended for the opener). Meanwhile 2007 second round choice Kenny Irons picked up a season ending injury in only his 4th carry - Irons was only picked as a replacement for injured 2004 first round choice Chris Perry. In addition their offensive line is pretty smashed up with their elite tackles Levi Jones and future hall of famer Willie Anderson both barely practising.

The Ravens lost Adalius Thomas to free agency, but Jarrett Johnson is apparently looking like stepping up as his replacement. They've also strengthened with the addition of RB Willis Magahee with his breakaway speed and pass-catching threat (much like what the Bengals were after with their first round pick of Chris Perry in 2004 and their second round pick of Kenny Irons in 2007) to replace Jamal Lewis. Much will depend on how MaGahee and aged QB Steve McNair fare, as the Ravens look like having the defence but question marks over their offence.

oh yes! really really excited about this season. couldn't afford tickets at the time for the dolphins/giants game. man i regret being a poor student!

I got an email aswell for Wednesdays logon bun fight at 10:00. Not sure whether I will go....quite expensive plus it will be almost impossible to get back here by train!

I may change my mind by Wednesday though. Assuming I am not too hungover from another Oval trip on Tuesday.

I have three tickets avaible at the cost of £217, thats with them being delievered to my house first class signed deliery I can arrange for them to be droped off localy to anyone interested. They are all next to eachother as well. Send a PM if interested if I have no takers I will just tout them at the game before I go in!

Desperate Shrimper

i'm still hoping for 1 ticket, if anyone want to help a desperate shrimper out.

I'm in the ballot on Wednesday morning too. Fingers crossed.

A losing start for my beloved Chicago Bears, but away to San Diego was always going to be a tough start and I can be consoled by (a) backing the Chargers giving up 6.5pts and (b) the fact that Chicago's defense looked solid much of the time.

Roll on Wednesday!

I'm in the ballot on Wednesday morning too. Fingers crossed.

A losing start for my beloved Chicago Bears, but away to San Diego was always going to be a tough start and I can be consoled by (a) backing the Chargers giving up 6.5pts and (b) the fact that Chicago's defense looked solid much of the time.

Roll on Wednesday!

Were you like me and as soon as you saw tomlinson run towards the sideline start going "no, no, no he is going to throw it" :mad:

I honestly thought we would win 3-0 until then!!

Rex Grossman even had a quarterback rating above 50 for that game, you must be well gutted that you lost.

Rex Grossman even had a quarterback rating above 50 for that game, you must be well gutted that you lost.
Thats a good week. When he hits 0, 2.3 and 32 thats when i worry. Anything above 100 requires a stewards enquiry.

I also want to know why they played with non stick footballs last night. so unfair

Looking forward to the Ravens @ the Bengals on Monday night. This is clearly the biggest game of the weekend as its the Monday night game. It is also a division rivalry (unlike Indianapolis v New Orleans, or San Diego v Chicago, which Uxbridge delusionally thinks is a bigger game), and in the toughest division in the NFL at that. It also pits one of the top defences in Baltimore, with players like Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Terrell Suggs against one of the top offences in Cincinnati, with Carson Palmer, Chad Johnson, Rudi Johnson and TJ Housmanzadeh.

Handy opening day win for your boys. Did you stay up to watch it?

And of course I'm right about Chicago at San Diego being the big game. Cinci have been around for years, but Baltimore are just a bunch of Johnny Come Latelys ;)

Yeah, bit of a late finish but it was a cracking game that went down to the wire. With about 2 minutes on the clock, with no time-outs remaining, the Ravens needing a converted TD to tie the Ravens were 1st and goal. On 3rd and goal a touchdown was ruled out for offensive pass interference, so it went to 4th and goal. The pass was broken up but defensive pass interference was called with an automatic first down and the Bengals had to defend another 4 plays. The Ravens ran the first one and got about 3 of their 6 yards needed, the second one was incomplete, the third down was thrown to Todd Heap who couldn't hold it and Defensive Tackle(!) Mike Myers pulled off a great diving catch to secure the interception and the win.

Good performance from the Bengals' maligned defence who had an impressive 6 takeaways, including an interception returned for a TD. Real smashmouth AFC North stuff, with both sides suffering a string of injuries. The already patched up Cinci offensive line finished without 3 starters, whilst the Ravens' pro-bowlers Jonathan Ogden and Ray Lewis were also injured.

Quality, just got my tickets for the game at Wembley. Up in the gods, but pretty much on the halfway line. Looking forward to it already :)

FatFootball.jpg

Today's TV options

My Bengals got humiliated in a thrilling shoot-out at 32nd rated Cleveland last week, but a little disappointed that Sky aren't showing their game at Seattle, should be one of the more intriguing match-ups. Should be a good game with two good offensives.

The 49ers @ the Steelers, could be an interesting match-up for the 6pm game. The 49ers are one of this year's surprise packages and the Steelers' offense is looking better this year. Have no interest in the Dolphins at the Jets, two over-rated teams who aren't that good. Not that interested in the Giants at the Redskins either.

Today's TV options

My Bengals got humiliated in a thrilling shoot-out at 32nd rated Cleveland last week, but a little disappointed that Sky aren't showing their game at Seattle, should be one of the more intriguing match-ups. Should be a good game with two good offensives.

The 49ers @ the Steelers, could be an interesting match-up for the 6pm game. The 49ers are one of this year's surprise packages and the Steelers' offense is looking better this year. Have no interest in the Dolphins at the Jets, two over-rated teams who aren't that good. Not that interested in the Giants at the Redskins either.

Dallas at Chicago should be very interesting, but there's no way I can stay up until 4am for that! Will probably record it and get up early to watch it tomorrow. It pains me to say it, but Dallas getting a 3pt start doesn't look a bad bet...

Dallas at Chicago should be very interesting, but there's no way I can stay up until 4am for that! Will probably record it and get up early to watch it tomorrow. It pains me to say it, but Dallas getting a 3pt start doesn't look a bad bet...

Too late at night for me to be interested in that one. Another two teams who are over-hyped because they are big-market franchises. They're not bad teams, but they wouldn't be getting anywhere near as much attention if they were from somewhere smaller.

Back