• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The NHS

43 deaths in Essex

5 in Southend

of couse they could be fixing the stats

Working in health care and front line every pt that we triage now and every times we record on a patients notes a template appears regarding this virus whereby we have to record something even if it is no symptoms - at least this way we can get some measurment.

The bit where he mentions the nurses at the end is heart breaking.
I guess that was from Thursday or Friday just before the pubs and clubs closure.

To think the nurses earn in a year what a top footballer earns in a few days. To think that Student nurses actually PAY the Government to become a nurse. They want 40,000 extra nurses before all this crisis, they may be wanting 50,000 soon if not careful.

Last edited:
The bit where he mentions the nurses at the end is heart breaking.
I guess that was from Thursday or Friday just before the pubs and clubs closure.

To think the nurses earn in a year what a top footballer earns in a few days. To think that Student nurses actually PAY the Government to become a nurse. They want 40,000 extra nurses before all this crisis, they may be wanting 50,000 soon if not careful.

training bursaries were abolished ..

training bursaries were abolished ..
Yeah that's what I mean. The student nurses pay to be trained at the moment. Will cost my daughter £60,000 to become a nurse. She will never ever pay all that back mind you.
But at least the bursaries are coming back from this September.

My 62-year-old mum has gone to do another 12-hour shift on the wards of Basildon hospital today.

She’s been a nurse, since she left school at 15 and It’s all she knows.

This afternoon, my missus will also be at work, caring for your loved ones & those too sick to help and look after themselves.

Personally & selfishly, I’d rather both of them were tucked up indoors, but they won’t be told.

They live for their jobs.

Please, think about people like my mum & my missus when you’re considering the necessity of going out and about.

My 62-year-old mum has gone to do another 12-hour shift on the wards of Basildon hospital today.

She’s been a nurse, since she left school at 15 and It’s all she knows.

This afternoon, my missus will also be at work, caring for your loved ones & those too sick to help and look after themselves.

Personally & selfishly, I’d rather both of them were tucked up indoors, but they won’t be told.

They live for their jobs.

Please, think about people like my mum & my missus when you’re considering the necessity of going out and about.
Ditto above - I too will be returning to work tomorrow and also doing extra hours where needed or covering where needed.
Likewise I have been i the NHS for just over 39 years and I know nothing else.
I just get so angry when people do not heed the warnings as it is my colleagues and I that then have to look after some of these people.

Ditto above - I too will be returning to work tomorrow and also doing extra hours where needed or covering where needed.
Likewise I have been i the NHS for just over 39 years and I know nothing else.
I just get so angry when people do not heed the warnings as it is my colleagues and I that then have to look after some of these people.

What people need to get more angry about is that these selfish ****s are going to extend the isolation/lockdown period for everyone else.

The logistics would need working out but how about supermarkets start diverting supply lorries to hospitals and dropping off a number of essential items for NHS staff. I realise you couldn't have an artic with a 44ton trailer stop outside Southend Hospital for example though so would need to be re-loaded onto smaller delivery vehicles.

Things are getting more serious by the day. Hundreds of volunteers needed.

SOUTHEND Hospital has made an urgent plea for volunteers to step forward as it gears up to respond to the Covid-19 crisis.

The hospital has had to put off hundreds of its volunteers because they are over the age of 70 or have underlying health needs.

This has left the hospital under-resourced in key patient support roles.

The hospital needs:

Volunteer drivers to take patients to and from their appointments (must have own vehicle)

• Volunteers to book the journeys with drivers
  • Volunteers to help out in the kitchens and to feed patients
  • Volunteers to run errands and answer calls to help staff

The hospital particularly need volunteers for the following areas:

• To help out at charity shops in Hamlet Court Road, Westcliff and at Broadway West, Leigh and a third shop soon to open at Southchurch Road, Southend
  • As Care cars voluntary drivers, transporting patients to and from hospital appointments
  • As Feeding Buddies - mealtime companions who help vulnerable patients to eat and drink
  • As Hospital Befrienders to help work with patients with dementia. The aim of the service is to provide mental stimulation through books, puzzles, etc, with full training given
  • Working with the Royal Voluntary Service (RVS) as part of the charity's revamped trolley service
Applicants need to be under the age of 70 and in good health. Travel expenses will be made and we are speeding up the recruitment process.

Southend Hospital are stopping all routine operations and similar.Scans and procedures for some patients will still continue. That therefore means that my annual flexible cystoscopy will still take place in May. I feel so blessed!!

I will not go into detail nor do i wish to scare people but I feel compelled to say this :

My wife is a nurse.
To those few ( thankfully getting fewer ) people that think this is all over hyped and will blow over soon , you are sadly very much mistaken.
The numbers getting seriously sick are rising fast and those charged with looking after them are at breaking point.

So at the risk of angering any friends or family you have who are ignoring the advice given , let’s all ram this message home and hold this tide back.
For the most part we all get it and it’s up to all of us to continue educating those that don’t.

Stay safe people - rant over x

If they stop people going for a walk, taking their dogs out, going for a bike ride.. whilst still having to allow people to cram into shops for food then the country truly has gone bonkers..
one has next to zero risk , the other lots..
shop workers would seem to be expendable.. builders not so much.
imagine trying to police this crackdown. If a couple of local builders want to crack on working in an empty house are they going to arrest them and stick them in a cell ?
its easy for office types working from home to pontificate, even easier for,some of the journos who seem to have lost their marbles , even in the so called broad sheets ..

Also let’s see some real facts for Covid deaths. ‘Underlying health condition‘ seems to be the coverall.. what conditions? What ages? What previous life expectancy
We are also reaching project fear stage where if anyone has a differing opinion to total global lock down they get slated.
If a hospital has 10 life support/breathing machines and 15 very sick persons who gets to decide on the unlucky 5? Why would those five get the last big knock back?
Once those questions are asked is it any wonder those already in a bad way don't make the 10?
And suppose those in the lucky 10 are amongst the pratts who wandered the beach or MaccyD queues believing them to be "too hard to isolate" ?
Never was it more true that life isn't fair.
They likely got 25k guaranteed, not £98 pension after working for 40 years and paying full stamp.

If a hospital has 10 life support/breathing machines and 15 very sick persons who gets to decide on the unlucky 5? Why would those five get the last big knock back?
Once those questions are asked is it any wonder those already in a bad way don't make the 10?
And suppose those in the lucky 10 are amongst the pratts who wandered the beach or MaccyD queues believing them to be "too hard to isolate" ?
Never was it more true that life isn't fair.
They likely got 25k guaranteed, not £98 pension after working for 40 years and paying full stamp.
Happens on the health service every day. Always has

Back