• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The offical I've still not seen a ball kicked in anger thread.

* ORM *

Still Loves Emma Bunton. Roy McDonough is God!
Flying the flag for SUFC in Sai Kung, Hong Kong
Count me in. I may have to break that to watch us go out against Slovenia. Perhaps then we can get a) An English manager b) A manager who is worthy of a ridiculous salary c) A manager than can turn around to the overpaid, overhyped and clearly not international class superstars and tell them that if they have no pride they can **** off back to their clubs. I'll then start to take pride in and watch my national team again. As it was I played squash last night.

Compare the current shower to those playing when we lost to Germany on penalties. Ashley Cole vs Pearce, Gerrard vs Beardsley, any of the current forwards vs Lineker, Gazza vs the rest of the midfield other than the bizarrely unplayed Joe Cole. Terry Butcher vs any of the current centre-halves (included drug cheat and strangely offered captaincy Ferdinand).

I can't remember the rest of the team off the top of my head but I'm pretty sure if the two teams played each other at the peak of their abilities there would only be one clear winner. How many of the current squad would have been selected by Bobby Robson for Italia 90. Rooney, Joe Cole, a strong case for a few others but the list is not very long.

Perhaps then we can get a) An English manager
Er, no. Didnt work out so well last time. Even though I stood through perhaps the worst match I've seen in ages, it is nice to still qualify for the tournament.

b) A manager who is worthy of a ridiculous salary

If you want anyone any good you have to pay them, and with all the flack, press intrusion, etc they deserve what they get.

c) A manager than can turn around to the overpaid, overhyped and clearly not international class superstars and tell them that if they have no pride they can **** off back to their clubs. I'll then start to take pride in and watch my national team again.
Thats where the problem was...but then what other manager wouldnt pick those players?

As it was I played squash last night.
All this any you didnt even watch the match?

I'm jealous really

I can't remember the rest of the team off the top of my head but I'm pretty sure if the two teams played each other at the peak of their abilities there would only be one clear winner. How many of the current squad would have been selected by Bobby Robson for Italia 90. Rooney, Joe Cole, a strong case for a few others but the list is not very long.

How about the 86 World Cup. They lost to Portugal 1-0, drew with Morocco 0-0 but then won their last game convincingly to qualify. I think you can remember what happened after that...

All this any you didnt even watch the match?

I'm jealous really

No but you can't move out hearing or reading about it.

How about the 86 World Cup. They lost to Portugal 1-0, drew with Morocco 0-0 but then won their last game convincingly to qualify. I think you can remember what happened after that...

Dunno, can you give me a hand ? :p

Back