• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The official 21/22 Division 5 thread

RedAdair

Striker
Just thought it might be an idea to keep all things non league in one place.
The big news this week of course.

National League fixtures scheduled for the 2021/22 season will be released on Wednesday 7th July at 1pm.

In 2020-21 for any televised game in the National League, BT Sport paid the home side £6,000, with the away team receiving just £2,000.

King's Lynn Town have signed Swiss striker Gold Omotayo on a two-year contract. Gold was on loan with Wrexham back end of last season. He’s ok and got a bit of presence but double figures striker he ain’t.

Don't currently have BT Sport - anyone know how much extra to our BT phone/internet contract would it likely cost ? Have been offered various deals by BT in the past but only now is it of interest.

Don't currently have BT Sport - anyone know how much extra to our BT phone/internet contract would it likely cost ? Have been offered various deals by BT in the past but only now is it of interest.
If you get both phone and broadband with BT then log in to My BT and have a look at any add-ons available for your account. They will usually list how much BT Sport is to add on.

If you get both phone and broadband with BT then log in to My BT and have a look at any add-ons available for your account. They will usually list how much BT Sport is to add on.

Or download an app for watching

Grimsby Town have signed former Jamaica winger Joel Grant on an initial one-year contract.

The 33-year-old - who left Swindon Town this summer - has also had spells at Plymouth Argyle, Exeter City and Yeovil Town.

Grant won 14 caps for Jamaica and was part of the country's squad for the 2015 Copa America.

Former sports minister Tracey Crouch, the chair of the Fan-Led Review into English football, has written to Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden to propose a series of measures including the following:

* Suggestion that the English Football League (EFL) enter discussions to absorb the National League top division into the EFL structure.

Now that would be useful and presumably mean three promotion places once this occurred (not that it will, I bet).

Former sports minister Tracey Crouch, the chair of the Fan-Led Review into English football, has written to Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden to propose a series of measures including the following:

* Suggestion that the English Football League (EFL) enter discussions to absorb the National League top division into the EFL structure.

Now that would be useful and presumably mean three promotion places once this occurred (not that it will, I bet).
There’s been talk of this for years. Would be great to see it come to fruition but don’t hold your breath.

Interesting point made by someone on the Wrexham forum:

“I often feel like this league is split between the League 2 clubs in all but name bottlenecked for promotion and the National League North/South clubs fighting it out to stay up... Welcome to hell.. I hope your stay is far shorter than ours continues to be.”

Looking at the teams in the league it’s hard to disagree with that. Think that just highlights how difficult it is to get out of this league. There’s quite a few decent sized ex-league clubs all fighting for one automatic spot and one playoff spot.

I think my money is on Stockport for the auto spot, so hopefully we can keep ourselves in and around the playoffs all season.

Looking at what teams have done I think Wrexham and Stockport are some way ahead of the rest in terms of quality (Harry Lennon aside). Stockport have really been chucking it around, front two of Paddy Madden and Scott Quigley! I think they will win it, but Wrexham have big spending power and won't be far behind.

Hopeful we can challenge for the playoffs if we can make two or three more astute signings, but we're a fair way off at the moment.

Back