• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The official 21/22 Division 5 thread

Happy with this, but thats 6 strikers on the books. Keeping them all happy will be a problem.
I fancy you and Stockport to be challenging for top spot! I also think notts county will be up their to. Be interesting title race for your fans, I'm sure the signing of Mullins will add to the confidence of winning the national league.

Just because someone signs a lot of good players, that does not always translate into a great team.
Or in our case, we don't usually sign a lot of good players, and that never does translate into a great team.

A canny signing this too.

Stockport County have signed Manchester United centre-back Will Fish on loan for the 2021-22 campaign.

The 18-year-old was a regular in the Red Devils' under-23 side last season and made his Premier League debut as a late substitute against Wolves in May.
I thought he would have gone to a league 1 club at least. Highly rated at United. It's rare for the big Premier league clubs to loan players to non league teams

Wrexham will get players that want to be on the telly with Ryan Reynolds .
They can pay a league 2, lower league 1 wage easily .

I actually don't get all this starry eyed envy of Wrexham. Just another team there to be beaten as far as I'm concerned. Same goes for Stockport and Notts County and any other team in this league. We've been there with the Galácticos approach going back to part of PB's previous reign and it got us nowhere but down. I'm confident that we will be a team to be reckoned with, maybe not top of the league, but nobody will fancy facing us.

I actually don't get all this starry eyed envy of Wrexham. Just another team there to be beaten as far as I'm concerned. Same goes for Stockport and Notts County and any other team in this league. We've been there with the Galácticos approach going back to part of PB's previous reign and it got us nowhere but down. I'm confident that we will be a team to be reckoned with, maybe not top of the league, but nobody will fancy facing us.
I agree. Although Wrexham beat us in the 2005 Champions League final in Cardiff in extra time I'm not scared of them. Remember when Bentley hit the post!!! Stockport are about the eighth best team in Greater Manchester and Notts County have been s h I t e since Gary Jones left at the end of 90s.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: RHB
Don't currently have BT Sport - anyone know how much extra to our BT phone/internet contract would it likely cost ? Have been offered various deals by BT in the past but only now is it of interest.
If you are internet savvy,you can get BT and Sky sports for nothing,some streams are rubbish but I found one based in the states that is picture perfect and no buffering.

I hope you're right. Time will tell.....personally I'm turning a whiter shade of pale as I consider the approaching season....

Grimsby Town have signed Aston Villa defender Seb Revan, 18, on a season-long loan deal.

Decent signing but 2yrs for a 32 year old?

Barnet have signed defender Joe Widdowson following his departure from Leyton Orient earlier this summer.
The 32-year-old full-back, who made 122 league appearances during a four-year spell with the O's, has agreed a two-year deal with the north London club.

Decent signing but 2yrs for a 32 year old?

Barnet have signed defender Joe Widdowson following his departure from Leyton Orient earlier this summer.
The 32-year-old full-back, who made 122 league appearances during a four-year spell with the O's, has agreed a two-year deal with the north London club.
Seen a few comments like this about various players from NL fans seemingly suggesting that a two-year contract at this level is perceived to be a bit of an extravagance - Woking fans were saying it about Dalby (who is 21 and surely will improve with age). It is the norm in the EFL but it seems we are learning to get with the times - a year with an option for another seems to have been our preferred offer to players this summer.

The division is awash with players on their way down and after a last pay day. Young players too, deemed not good enough at a higher level released and thinking they’ll p*ss this level. It’s a big culture shock for them.

General season ticket sales went on sale today at Wrexham and reportedly topped 5000.

Just thought it might be an idea to keep all things non league in one place.
The big news this week of course.

National League fixtures scheduled for the 2021/22 season will be released on Wednesday 7th July at 1pm.
Anyone interested in a shrimpers fantasy footie league Fantasy Premier League) for this season? Then join using the code f4ytcy.

Last edited:
Back