• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The official 21/22 Division 5 thread

However, it means that if the likes of Barnet can get a result at Stockport etc, then assuming - BIG assumption, of course, we pull ourselves together we can send one other to join Shots and hapless Dover through the trapdoor.

That said, we need new blood and that means a second keeper and a midfield for starters.

Maidenhead, Barnet, Wealdstone and Weymouth all winning last night to put points between us, Kings Lynn losing to our next opponents, Borehamwood was the only saving grace. Although, unlike last season, Molesley might be our saviour as Aldershot lose to his former side and look down and out.

They could hardly have been worse, could they? There were a couple of real surprises there.
This division really plays havoc with the Prediction League! On their night it appears anyone can beat anyone as Barnet, Wealdstone and Maidenhead showed last night. The latter was quite amusing as It was the first time Wrexham's actor owner was able to see his new plaything!

It’s about the “Process” & data, not the results..
And don’t forget he’s a bloody decent bloke.?

Early days I suppose, but this time MM isn't working under an embargo or a lack of funding so we will see whether he can recreate the success he had at Weymouth or whether that was a flash in the pan, assuming Aldeshot give him the time to do so of course......

Last edited:
He failing isn't he..... Aldershot have MM backed with 8 new signings to.
I hope people are going to give Maher more time to turn things around than this. When we played Aldershot last month (who were woeful) they hadn’t even sacked his predecessor. It takes time to turn things around. It’s not Champ Manager when you just sign a load of players and start winning.

I hope people are going to give Maher more time to turn things around than this. When we played Aldershot last month (who were woeful) they hadn’t even sacked his predecessor. It takes time to turn things around. It’s not Champ Manager when you just sign a load of players and start winning.
Kevin Bond?

I didn't think Aldershot were very good, but I didn't think it was them that were woeful. We were woeful. I seem to remember they had a goal disallowed and could have had a couple more.

I live quite near Aldershot and there is already a MM out thread on their forum which seems a bit harsh. Even we gave him half a season and a transfer window and some do still believe we should have kept faith. They have lost 6 out of 7 (I think the win was Dover) inc. that cup match. I was amused to read the accusation of too much tippy tappy though.

I live quite near Aldershot and there is already a MM out thread on their forum which seems a bit harsh. Even we gave him half a season and a transfer window and some do still believe we should have kept faith. They have lost 6 out of 7 (I think the win was Dover) inc. that cup match. I was amused to read the accusation of too much tippy tappy though.
Yes he seems to be making the same error. Must have worked for Weymouth somehow....

I agree its bit early for fans wanting a manager change but he has got off to woeful start.... MM has also recruited 8 players during his time their, with 1 being scott wagstaff who decent player for national league side. I can see why some their fans have turned.

You can always find someone worse off than yourself and in this case, don't need to look too far.

I didn't think Aldershot were very good, but I didn't think it was them that were woeful. We were woeful. I seem to remember they had a goal disallowed and could have had a couple more.
Both teams were woeful. I can’t say I’m surprised from what I’ve seen that any of the struggling teams we’ve played this season are struggling.

It does however give me hope we can, in time, pull away from trouble but it will take time. It’s not an overnight job. We need to look for improvement from one month to the next. That may not be shown in results as first but if that can keep working at it the results will eventually follow.

First things first, we have to start beating the teams around us, so a win against Dover is imperative for me next week.

last night Aldershot and Kings Lynn Lost. OK, but these only become good if we beat Dover and they lose again on Saturday.

We must start making these gains first, then we can look at gaining on Weymouth and Barnet, but to do that we have to become competitive.

That way we can slowly start climbing this table and we need to, obviously. At the same time players not performing need to be dropped for those in our ranks awaiting their chance, whatever their age. if they are considered good enough, they are old enough.

3rd step, we have to start recruiting, whether we can do this permanently or using the loan market to fill the gaps we have in our squad. e.g. another keeper, creative midfielder, or others.

But this coaching team needs to start creating their own stamp on this team, whether in tactics or personnel.

And they must be given time to succeed. We are past the time when failure can be considered an option. We have been drinking at that bar for the past 3 seasons, we are now at the stage where success is a necessity and we have the coaches in place to achieve this, so let's back them and carry on giving the support we have been giving over the years.

I guarantee there would not be another club in the land that would have this type of following given the results of the last three years.

I used to live in Portsmouth, when they were in Div 3 and their gates were around 5 -6,000 tops a fall of over 70% within a season or two from falling out of the old Div 2. If we start winning it will be a matter of games before we are over 5.5K again for home games and upwards. (We started this season at over 6K)

The fact we have 2 ex players back means they can talk in terms of the dormant support that the players can ignite, from experience, just look at Dagenham last week, regarding away support. That would be a given if we become competitive.

Last night's results was not a disaster, BUT we have to start helping ourselves, unlike the last 2-3 seasons, because if we don't the alternative does not bear worth thinking about!!!!

Last edited:
Back