• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The official lets hear a statement from Ron Martin thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
I am sick of all this not knowing wether tilly has been totally inept in this years transfer market or wether the club are just totally tight as we are led to believe.

It seems Ron Martin is all for making statements when new grounds are given the go ahead and when there is something positive to say, but he seems to have shrunk into the woodwork now some harsh truths need saying.

We have been having great support for the last 5 years now and we averaged over 8k per game last season. We raised a share issue which we were told was specificaly for the transfer of new players.

Yet here we are just 9 days from the start of the season with the most thread bare team i can remember . Whats happened to onwards and upwards?? Surely things cant be that tight that tilly cant spend the money has raised in sales in the last month?

Does he not get any of the share money ?

Why the **** is foran on 3k pw and not getting a game when we havent got a team? Yes if the rumours are to be belived then what he did was wrong , but so is having no money and not playing a top earner.

Sort it out Ron and make a honest statement to us the fans.
If the money is needed for the stadium and every penny generated is going there , then how do you expect us to be playing championship football when we move?

A statement needs to be made or a lot of those new fans that the finances depend on will not show up and 8k will become just 6k

Last edited:
The last time you did this he released a statement that night I seem to remember. :D

Don't care what Foran is on though, he shouldn't be near our team due to his cackness and as well his off field antics and reputation don't help. I'd much rather see the likes of Forshaw and O'Keefe used ahead of him.

The Club has already made a statement. Whether it came from Ron Martin or Steve Tilson makes little odds.

Our Chairman must be one of the most outspoken in the League and has never been shy of saying his piece. I imagine that he'll give you the exact statement that you want .Personally, I wouldn't as people will only moan about whatever he says.

Besides, what businessman comes out and says that there's a shortage of money? One who isn't going to be a businessman for long. If Ron comes out and says we've got no cash than all our debtors (not least HMRC) will surely come straight out and demand instant payment of all bills.

I expect a statement from the chairman every time we concede a goal, pick Matt Harold or sell out of pies this season.

We're only one level above where we've spent the majority of our history, and I don't care if we are in the process of taking the most ambitious step forwards in our entire development as a Football Club - it's an absolute ****ing disgrace and I shall be seeking a refund on my season card if we don't jeopardise our future for the sake of a slight increase in our short term promotion prospects.

I am sick of all this not knowing wether tilly has been totally inept in this years transfer market or wether the club are just totally tight as we are led to believe.

It seems Ron Martin is all for making statements when new grounds are given the go ahead and when there is something positive to say, but he seems to have shrunk into the woodwork now some harsh truths need saying.

We have been having great support for the last 5 years now and we averaged over 8k per game last season. We raised a share issue which we were told was specificaly for the transfer of new players.

Yet here we are just 9 days from the start of the season with the most thread bare team i can remember . Whats happened to onwards and upwards?? Surely things cant be that tight that tilly cant spend the money has raised in sales in the last month?

Does he not get any of the share money ?

Why the **** is foran on 3k pw and not getting a game when we havent got a team? Yes if the rumours are to be belived then what he did was wrong , but so is having no money and not playing a top earner.

Sort it out Ron and make a honest statement to us the fans.
If the money is needed for the stadium and every penny generated is going there , then how do you expect us to be playing championship football when we move?

A statement needs to be made or a lot of those new fans that the finances depend on will not show up and 8k will become just 6k

RM has never shied away from questions. The meeting with Irate Ian springs to mind at the beginning of the season and he always seems willing and indeed keen to respond to anything you have to say.

Send him constructive questions and see what you get back. Why would he have made a statement when there has been no significant event on which to speak?

I might write to him to complain that my seat is losing it's colour and every first game each summer I have to dust it down. I demand reasons as to why this is not sorted despite it being an apparent problem.

What a great idea. I suppose he could say something like this -

"SUFC is skint so all you championship teams can come and take all our best players for pittance"

We're only one level above where we've spent the majority of our history, and I don't care if we are in the process of taking the most ambitious step forwards in our entire development as a Football Club - it's an absolute ****ing disgrace and I shall be seeking a refund on my season card if we don't jeopardise our future for the sake of a slight increase in our short term promotion prospects.

Spot on.
We're all concerned about how the squad is looking at the moment and wondering about the lack of transfers but too many people are talking as if we're Leeds or somebody else big about to plunge to a low the like of which we've never seen before.
We are Southend - hello, yes Southend, that club whose spent just 7 years out of 102 above the level we're at now, and about 20 of the last 40 below the level we're at now.
We've just had 3 of the best 4 seasons in our history and we're hitting the panic button before the new season's kicked off.
Someone else mentioned about Peterborough scouts chuckling about our pre-season performances - seems far more likely to me that they, and everyone else in this league, would be laughing if we ditched Steve Tilson now.
I am one of those 'sheep' who, given his past record, are prepared to back Tilly to take us through what is looking like it could be harder season than recent ones.
But I'd rather be a 'sheep' than a 'headless chicken' whose opinion is always based on the most recent couple of games.

I think in fairness RM should make a statement. And atleast in my case anyway i would be much happier with him being honest...rather than my just jumping to conclusions on why we havent signed players etc etc.

He probably is one of the most spoken chairmans in our league. But i think in these case it will kill a lot of uncertainty in the fans actually finding out what the hell is going on.

Spot on.
We're all concerned about how the squad is looking at the moment and wondering about the lack of transfers but too many people are talking as if we're Leeds or somebody else big about to plunge to a low the like of which we've never seen before.
We are Southend - hello, yes Southend, that club whose spent just 7 years out of 102 above the level we're at now, and about 20 of the last 40 below the level we're at now.
We've just had 3 of the best 4 seasons in our history and we're hitting the panic button before the new season's kicked off.
Someone else mentioned about Peterborough scouts chuckling about our pre-season performances - seems far more likely to me that they, and everyone else in this league, would be laughing if we ditched Steve Tilson now.
I am one of those 'sheep' who, given his past record, are prepared to back Tilly to take us through what is looking like it could be harder season than recent ones.
But I'd rather be a 'sheep' than a 'headless chicken' whose opinion is always based on the most recent couple of games.

Thats fine and all power to you but, i dont believe this thread was questioning Tilson. I was under the impression it was more about the owner

Thats fine and all power to you but, i dont believe this thread was questioning Tilson. I was under the impression it was more about the owner

That's true though I think many of the sentiments I expressed would still apply in response to question about Ron Martin.
Though there does seem to have been a shift in recent days away from questioning Tilson, to questioning Ron Martin - maybe its just those headless chickens going round in circles!

I might write to him to complain that my seat is losing it's colour and every first game each summer I have to dust it down. I demand reasons as to why this is not sorted despite it being an apparent problem.

Can you also demand a statement as to why I have to walk uphill to the stadium and why sometimes in the middle of the season it gets really quite chilly!

Its a disgrace and an issue no one has ever answered publicly.

That's true though I think many of the sentiments I expressed would still apply in response to question about Ron Martin.
Though there does seem to have been a shift in recent days away from questioning Tilson, to questioning Ron Martin - maybe its just those headless chickens going round in circles!

perhaps......but it has to be said that the silence is deafening....I've not made up my mind yet as to whether the blind following on here is admirable or just plain gullible.

Can you also demand a statement as to why I have to walk uphill to the stadium and why sometimes in the middle of the season it gets really quite chilly!

Its a disgrace and an issue no one has ever answered publicly.

How's that sand?

perhaps......but it has to be said that the silence is deafening....I've not made up my mind yet as to whether the blind following on here is admirable or just plain gullible.

Well it's been silent since Tilly came out and said that there wasn't much money to spend and that we'd all need to pull together.

To be fair, that was at least a week ago.

And as he away at the moment on Business, you have sod all chance.

Well it's been silent since Tilly came out and said that there wasn't much money to spend and that we'd all need to pull together.

To be fair, that was at least a week ago.

It was, but that is a BIG departure from the rhetoric espoused prior to the exceptionaly early season ticket release and subsiquent share issue!

It was, but that is a BIG departure from the rhetoric espoused prior to the exceptionaly early season ticket release and subsiquent share issue!

Right, so we want a statement, any statement.... but only the statement that we want to hear?

If anyone feels conned by the season ticket thing then I'm sure that the Club will give them the money back. And if anyone feels conned by the shares issue then I'm sure they could sell their shares on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back