• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
To celebrate the fact that only 5 teams have scored more goals and only 5 teams have conceded more, here's a thread dedicated for people to moan about our forwards.

That Blair Sturrock. He's a bit rubbish, isn't he? I mean, besides from a picture perfect cross for Corr and a goal at the weekend, what did he actually do? Nepotism, Nepotism, Nepotism.

lol are you telling me, if we had the opportunity to sign a recognised goal-scorer who was guarenteed to score 20+ per year, you'd say no??

lol are you telling me, if we had the opportunity to sign a recognised goal-scorer who was guarenteed to score 20+ per year, you'd say no??

Ignoring their rarity this far down the league spectrum, How much is he costing us, and how much are we paying him?

Our twenty goal a season striker was unleashed last Saturday. Stand up.....................

.......................................Luke Prosser.

OK, he hasn't scored yet but I fully expect him to start tomorrow and score a least a hat-trick, to get him on his way.

Ignoring their rarity this far down the league spectrum, How much is he costing us, and how much are we paying him?

I guess, truthfully, there is 3 options -

1) Same wages as out current strikers, give or take a few quid.

2) we'd have to get rid of one of Corr or Sturrock, (based on the idea Paterson and Spencer have already gone)

3) we'd have to get rid of both,

It was a great assist was it not? But his "goal" was more like a playground effort.

If he scores 20 of them and we go up, I don't care.

He broke away with the ball brilliantly, looked very quick, shaped himself up and effed it up a little bit, all down to confidence, but it went in and we won.

He's a good player. THE END.

Oh and also, if Barry keeps it up, he's going to be our 20 goal a season man and if Blair and Granty keep it up we will have 3 15+ goal a season players. We really are greedy aren't we? .... :smile:

LOL, are you telling me, if we had the opportunuity to sign a quality defender who was guaranteed to help us keep 20+ clean sheets per year, you'd say no??

I guess, truthfully, there is 3 options -

1) Same wages as out current strikers, give or take a few quid.

2) we'd have to get rid of one of Corr or Sturrock, (based on the idea Paterson and Spencer have already gone)

3) we'd have to get rid of both,

So you'd be happy to exchange both Corr and Sturrock, even though Paterson and Spencer have left as well, for one striker? What would we do if he were to get injured? What would happen if he, as what tends to happen to goalscoring forwards at this level, was to get marked out of a game?

The batch of strikers we have here are, collectively, good enough for this level. They might not be good enough for League One, or even a promotion push here as that remains to be seen, but they're doing a decent enough job to keep us in this League which, given the last 18 months we've had, is what we should expect.

To celebrate the fact that only 5 teams have scored more goals and only 5 teams have conceded more, here's a thread dedicated for people to moan about our forwards.

I know a lot of people (myself included) have questioned Blair's performances/selection in the team. But other than Blair, I've not really seen much in the way of derogatory comments towards Corr, Spencer, Pato and Crawford. I know a few people feel Pato could work harder when coming on as a sub, but other than that, I'm not sure what moaning there has been directed at our forwards collectively?

I may have missed a thread or two as I'm not always on here, but is there really that much negativity to our forwards as a whole?

I know a lot of people (myself included) have questioned Blair's performances/selection in the team. But other than Blair, I've not really seen much in the way of derogatory comments towards Corr, Spencer, Pato and Crawford. I know a few people feel Pato could work harder when coming on as a sub, but other than that, I'm not sure what moaning there has been directed at our forwards collectively?

I may have missed a thread or two as I'm not always on here, but is there really that much negativity to our forwards as a whole?

Corr's been labelled as one of the worst strikers seen at this level.

I hadn't seen this thread so made my comment on the matter in the ratings thread for Saturday.

Paul Sturrock said a lot of interesting things at the Q&A but for me this quote was the most telling:

“If you can hold the ball up in League Two and if your two centre-halves can head the ball, you’ll invariably win games".

He also said that we're looking at bringing in strikers but they'll be players who will fit into our system and the way that we play (strikers holding the ball up and creating chances for the rest of the team). He also said that we've got our 20 goal striker in Barry Corr.

My worry is if they continue to do well, prem and champ clubs will be sniffing round Corr and Sturrock.

You joke but if Corr does score anything like that number of goals (and I've not seen him enough to judge either way) then we'll have a hard job keeping hold of him. Goalscoring targetmen are few and far between and tend to go for decent money. Grant Holt and Jon Parkin being obvious examples.

Drogba's been valued at circa £30m in the past and, at just 25, Corr has years on his fellow goal-scoring targetman. I therefor value Barry Corr at at least £50m.

Drogba's been valued at circa £30m in the past and, at just 25, Corr has years on his fellow goal-scoring targetman. I therefor value Barry Corr at at least £50m.
You cant compare Corr to Drogba when we have already linked Sturrock and Drogba's similarities already!! ;-)

Back