• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

southchurch

Manager⭐
I watched our chaps at the Olympics, I wanted them to win every event and I cheered them on TV because I couldn't get any tickets. I really enjoyed the games and thought we did very well. However I did not shout and abuse any athlete who did not win. OK I wasn't actually there but you know what I am saying. I did not have a tight knot in the pit of my stomach as I did yesterday when we did not get gold. In fact I was quite happy to see other countries win gold if the athlete performed beyond expectation.
Yesterday in the second half Prosser got the ball and it opened up in front of him and he ran with it. He ran with the ball from the edge of our penalty area , past the half way line.Then on approaching the Stanley penalty box on the left hand side he still had not been challenged. I watched in horror as he just did not know what to do. He literally just panicked. The ball at this point might as well have been made of lead. Like a rabbit in the headlights he let the ball just run away from him and lost it to Stanley without even a challenge having been made.
Well this is where things differed from the Olympics. Instead of just accepting that an athlete had not quite reached his best performance standard and clapping politely at the effort. I jumped up and shouted as loud as I could ' Your F@@@ing useless Prosser '. There was some young kids near me and I was totally out of order and I knew it. By game end my stomach was really hurting , all knotted up and I found I was clenching my fists so tightly together , it was blind rage and internal anger. As the whistle blew part of me wanted to run over to PS and just have it out with him. Of course I didn't , I just strolled out keeping it all inside. But it really did hurt and that is why football even at our pathetic level will always win against the Olympics. And why despite all the pain, I will always go.

Good post. :thumbsup: I wasn't going to be ripped off by the ticket prices either. Disenfranchised is how I felt.

I watched our chaps at the Olympics, I wanted them to win every event and I cheered them on TV because I couldn't get any tickets. I really enjoyed the games and thought we did very well. However I did not shout and abuse any athlete who did not win. OK I wasn't actually there but you know what I am saying. I did not have a tight knot in the pit of my stomach as I did yesterday when we did not get gold. In fact I was quite happy to see other countries win gold if the athlete performed beyond expectation.
Yesterday in the second half Prosser got the ball and it opened up in front of him and he ran with it. He ran with the ball from the edge of our penalty area , past the half way line.Then on approaching the Stanley penalty box on the left hand side he still had not been challenged. I watched in horror as he just did not know what to do. He literally just panicked. The ball at this point might as well have been made of lead. Like a rabbit in the headlights he let the ball just run away from him and lost it to Stanley without even a challenge having been made.
Well this is where things differed from the Olympics. Instead of just accepting that an athlete had not quite reached his best performance standard and clapping politely at the effort. I jumped up and shouted as loud as I could ' Your F@@@ing useless Prosser '. There was some young kids near me and I was totally out of order and I knew it. By game end my stomach was really hurting , all knotted up and I found I was clenching my fists so tightly together , it was blind rage and internal anger. As the whistle blew part of me wanted to run over to PS and just have it out with him. Of course I didn't , I just strolled out keeping it all inside. But it really did hurt and that is why football even at our pathetic level will always win against the Olympics. And why despite all the pain, I will always go.

This has been highlighted in the press after the Olympics, giving football a bad name. Was brought up on goals on Sunday this morning with Michael Owen, who made a very valid point that people going to the Olympics didn't really go to support one team to the extent that they would dislike the opposition making a different atmosphere. When you're young in football you are told by dad to support Southend and therefore you hate Col Ewe, Borient, Hamsters etc he described it as a "tribal" mentality and is right in saying that football and the Olympics are in two completely different worlds to each other and therefore shouldn't be compared.

For many supporting YOUR football club is a way of life, whereas the Olympics are merely a nice distraction from a boring football-less summer every 4 years. Perfectly normal reaction, I was extremely frustrated myself yesterday.....

For many supporting YOUR football club is a way of life, whereas the Olympics are merely a nice distraction from a boring football-less summer every 4 years. Perfectly normal reaction, I was extremely frustrated myself yesterday.....

Pretty much sums it up.

You get to see loads of fit birds at the olympics.

What we got yesterday were a bunch of slightly overweight teenagers looking like pink blamanges dancing street badly

Pretty much sums it up.

You get to see loads of fit birds at the olympics.

What we got yesterday were a bunch of slightly overweight teenagers looking like pink blamanges dancing street badly

This. :thumbsup: I can only imagine they are dirt cheap compared to the Bluebelles cos it shows, or maybe it's a clever ploy by the club to get more fans into the bars buying drinks at HT instead of watching the Bluebelles?

Whatever the reason the new "entertainment" was dreadful.....

Back