• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The One Pound Warriors (Lily's Fundraising)

Sarah Anne Cotgrove
Admin · 37 mins
Warriors.
This is a post I desperately never wanted to write and didn’t think I would have to.
As you may have heard in Di’s post, Lily has lost her battle with DIPG . In hospital, in the UK, surrounded by her incredible loving family.
We send them more love than we could ever express.
To everyone reading this, to all our warriors, you have all been absolutely incredible.
You’ve inspired each other with selfless acts of kindness and generosity and brought communities together.
You gave a family support and love and hope in their darkest times and you gave beautiful Lily giggles and love and strength and gave Di and Martin contacts and practical and mental help.
You all thought of Josh and tried to lift him too. You all understood how hard it must be for him.
Thank you isn’t enough. Over the last month I’ve somehow gathered an admin team around me who really are earth angels, no other description would do them justice. And I’ve watched all of them and you warriors all do what you do best. LOVE.
From pocket money to pension money you’ve all helped. From writing songs to painting pictures to baking cakes, and everything in between. Lily knew she was going to Seattle. You gave her positivity.
What you will never know is just how much that means.
I want to ask you to scroll back through this group. To remind yourselves of what you’ve all done, take some time to digest it.
We all need some time. We all need to cry and shout and turn to each other. Life is so unfair we need to scream. We need to try to explain it to our children.
But mostly we just want to take all of that love and passion and kindness and direct it at that beautiful family whether that is praying, or holding them close in our thoughts.
I am very aware there are lots of children watching and waiting on this page who have helped raise funds up and down the country. I know this is going to hit them hard. I have my own child to see through this and all I can suggest is something someone told me about tragedies, in every tragic and hopeless situation look for the helpers. They are there, trying to make things better, in any way they can. You need to focus on them to get you through. And we have 150,000 of them right here.
Please thank your children from the bottom of our hearts from all of us for helping. They made and will continue to make such a difference in the world just by caring.
Please stay here for us. We all need you.
It is clear there is so much to do when we have the strength.
I’m signing off for a few hours to be with Lillie
#BraveLily
#onepoundwarriors #weflytogether

So sad and so young with all her life in front of her.
My heart goes to her family and dearest friends and can only imagine what her family must be going through.
You never expect to bury your children and I for sure and without question would give my life if I thought I could save my child’s.

RIP little one and fly high being cancer free ???

So, so sad. Absolutely heartbreaking. We all wanted the happy ending that Lily, the family and every person that donated and fund raised deserved. Rest in peace Lily.

86477254_848248732307302_4152899364215324672_n.jpg

https://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/18...ytabgCxWFEZj5214qg-J3924vM9swG_smsW0Pxw09fMNo

Last edited:
Eastwood is slowly being turned yellow. The gates at Eastwood School are getting fuller by the minute. Oh Lily, you have brought a community together
Screenshot_20200216-144453_Facebook.jpg

I have not really said how I feel since this sad tragedy late Saturday night, but I did post something in The One Pound Warriors group yesterday which I think just about sums it up.

John Crickson
3 hrs
It was devastating to wake up to this news this morning. I am sure i feel the same as you all and it really is hard to grasp and take in. I have been on here since day 1 and have made friends with a couple of the Admin team and tried to help wherever i could, Albeit all of you have in so many ways it is humbling to be part of all this. As Sarah Anne Cotgrove said you only have to scroll back through the posts to see the fantastic love and support out there from all over the world. I have tried to make a few laugh upon the way, Paula Matthews being my main target I guess. One thing though that MUST continue is The One Pound Warriors. There are so many others out there we need to help and we are now 150k strong so let us all continue this fight against such a cruel illness. Lily and Lillie would want that more than anything and never forget why we came to this group.. Much love to all of you Angels and God Bless Lily who will always be remembered. R.I.P brave little girl and love to Di and all the family and friends at such a tragic time ? ❤️❤️❤️❤️

I also felt the need this morning to go to The school Lilly attended to show my own respects at this awful time for her family and friends.

The Sea of Love is growing by the minute.

86788748_520132838635880_7868731466136420352_n.jpg

86801576_202568044228978_57584417538834432_n.jpg

Finally a word for a fellow Zoner who has been in my thoughts a lot since yesterday morning when I heard the terrible news about Lily. Sadly some years back now his own daughter Kate passed away with the very same illness. So I know I speak on behalf of all of us in sending him and his own family our thoughts at this time. It must of been a terrible reminder to him and his family, although I am sure they live with it every day.

As my fellow mod @Rootshallbloke said "There is absolutely no pain to compare with losing a child".

X

Last edited:
Back