• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DTS

The Business
I reckon that everyone despite how happy they are with their current partner must have someone that got away and you cant help but wonder what might have happended.

Mine was Marie Birch. I started college and having moved to Sussex I didnt know anyone. Walked into my first day A level Georgraphy lesson and first used the principle that has stood me well in life. Always sit next to the best looking bird that you can.

So I sat next to her and from 5 mins in I was obsessed. She was lovely looking but wore little make up -  a genuinely pretty woman. She was quiet yet chatty. Bit by bit I worked myself into her some what limited circle of friends.

It got to the point where I was missing football with the lads in break time to go to Sainsburys cafe with her.The shame !!!

All was going well so I asked her out for a date but she said no as I had too much of a reputation. I was mortified but I vowed not too give up and chased her until she finally agreed.

We went to see the critically aclaimed "Babe" at the cinema. I think I paid which was pretty good considering I was only on £17 a week but at the end of the night she said we were just mates and I gave up.

Two years passed and I never saw or heard from her. College had come to and end and I started working.

Then one day as I walked into the canteen for my then customery Prawn and Cheese Brevell Toastie who should I see but Marie who had just started working with us - Looking stunning as always.

Month by month we exchanged emails. Finally my chance came the works company fireworks night. A must for all employees I am sure you will agree. One to many mulled wines and at last the break through - A long kiss.

Over the next few weeks we dated a bit, I took her to such legendry places as the cinema to see Clockwork Orange (I blame my Dad who told me it was a good film) and a romantic night at eat as much as you like chinese. She was hooked as you can imagine.

December came and our  works xmas party at a posh hotel in Brighton. Everyone was given a room. She was sharing with mad Anna from her department and I with Fat Kev from mine.

Night started well and she was all over me on the dance floor.
At the end of the night we agreed to go back to hers and that we would share for the first night. But there was a problem.....   - Mad Anna had been dumped by Geeky Mike from the computer room and was devastetd. To this day I have hated the ******* for picking that night to do it.

Marie being a normal woman told me our night of passion would have to wait and did the decent thing and went back to her room to comfort her friend. Tyoical of how kind she was.

I being a semi-normal man did the decent thing and shagged the slaggy older bird in our office. It was great!!!

Next day I woke up and realised it was a terrible mistake and asked her to keep it quiet. Needless to say she didnt and Marie found out. The dating stopped and the night of passion never came.
sad.gif

I did see her a few years later when I broke my leg. I was in hospital and she came and changed my drinking water. We had a chat but it was not the same.

I hear now she lives with a good looking bloke from Kent somewhere and is very happy and whilst I am truely happy for her I cant help but think it really should have been me.

Can anyone beat this tale of woe.  
oops.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Sep. 14 2006,10:13)]No.
I'm with Mr Xàbia, I don't have a 'what might have been' story. My wife would have been the one that got away but knowing she was 'the one' from the moment I saw her I did the decent thing and took the gamble; I ditched my girlfriend of 7 years to start seeing the future Mrs Hex after only knowing her for a couple of weeks. People thought I was nuts at the time but we've been together for 10 years now (happily married for 7 years) with 1 beautiful daughter and another baby on the way so I feel thoroughly vindicated
smile.gif

Christ, Dave, that's terrible.

I'll have a think, but I doubt I can beat that. I'm practically in tears for you here.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Sep. 14 2006,10:10)]Can anyone beat this tale of woe?  
oops.gif
*wipes tear from eye*

No, can't beat that one!

laugh.gif

As for my various exes... nah, for all bar one (the first), we split up once the initial lust burnt off and we realised that actually there wasn't any sustainable basis for a relationship. To be honest, I've barely given any of them a second thought.

As for my first bird, for whom I felt more than just lust (i.e. I actually liked her, liked spending time with her etc...), it just became clear that our lives were in different places, at different stages of development (I was 22, she was 27) and so we went our separate ways. I've no regrets about that, though. It was the right decision - I've ended up with the right woman, and she ended up marrying an ex (so I might well have been her rebound bloke!) with whom she's had two kids, and she's now happily working as a vicar in London.

Crucially, I've definitely ended up with the right woman and I've gone and married her, so she's the one that didn't get away!

biggrin.gif

Then there's the ole "When Harry Met Sally" conundrum... if you have a good female friend, can it be merely platonic? For me, the answer to that is yes.

I have a female friend from uni who on any objective basis is a stunner. We have a good laugh together, she's very clever, very funny, very successful, very fit, and we share a lot of interests. And I've never so much as snogged her or laid a finger on her.

Why? Because the chemistry simply ain't there. You know, you can tell, when a woman is going to be a friend - and when she might be more than a friend. And my uni mate was only ever going to be a mate... which means she's not one that got away either.

So, in my usual roundabout fashion, I can't beat your tale of woe, because the only one I would have been worried about getting away didn't get away, but instead became Mrs. MtS.

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (hexagon_sun @ Sep. 14 2006,10:29)]I took the gamble; I ditched my girlfriend of 7 years to start seeing the future Mrs Hex after only knowing her for a couple of weeks. People thought I was nuts at the time but we've been together for 10 years now (happily married for 7 years) with 1 beautiful daughter and another baby on the way so I feel thoroughly vindicated
smile.gif
Wow, a brave call, sir - and definitely the right one from the sounds of it!

smile.gif

Matt

my problem is that they are either married, engaged, or a lesbian. so for me they have already gotten away before i meet them.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Slipperduke @ Sep. 14 2006,10:38)]Christ, Dave, that's terrible.

I'll have a think, but I doubt I can beat that. I'm practically in tears for you here.
Cheers SD.

It was my own fault in fairness.
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Sep. 14 2006,10:39)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Sep. 14 2006,10:10)]I hear now she lives with a bloke from Kent somewhere
Just for the record it's not me!

laugh.gif
I have slighty ammended the text so other people dont think its you either Napper.
laugh.gif

I was supposed to be getting married this Saturday. But I'm not as funny as DtS so I won't bother to go into it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jonny_Stokes @ Sep. 14 2006,10:54)]I was supposed to be getting married this Saturday. But I'm not as funny as DtS so I won't bother to go into it.
Woah... come on Jonny, you don't get away with it that easilly on SZ. This Pub - and this thread in particular - is just like an episode of Trisha... so come on, get all confessional on us and spill the beans.

oops.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jonny_Stokes @ Sep. 14 2006,10:54)]I was supposed to be getting married this Saturday. But I'm not as funny as DtS so I won't bother to go into it.
JS,

The first remotely interesting non-Orient story you have ever come out with. This sounds like a scandal. What happended.

Deported? Left you for a Daggers fan - You will go out with these women from Leytonstone...

Come on spill the beans  
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I wouldn't want to label her as, 'the one that got away', as I'm over the moon with the present Mrs Slipperduke, but there is one that comes to mind.

When I went to university as a wet-behind-the-ears teenager I had enough about me to know that the first week was a glorious opportunity. I stubbornly refused to make the effort to talk to any blokes and concentrated all my firepower on the fairer sex. By the end of the first day, I was in the pub with 7, count 'em, 7 girls from the course, vaguely aware that on the other side of the pub were 3 male geeks gazing over enviously.

One of these girls, Rachel, was different to the others. Whereas they were all giggly and girly, she was very confident and very funny. She had already assembled a small entourage of girls as her side-kicks. She was the Alpha-Bird. And she had cracking tits.

She also had a long-term boyfriend who was in his 30s and owned his own company in Leicester. I was 19 and I didn't even own my own duvet, I'd had to borrow it. I felt that I would be better off chasing more realistic targets and dismissed her out of hand.

In the first week, I seduced one of her entourage and then got cracking trying for another one. Rachel came in very handy throughout the process, which was unsuccesful in the end. We sat next to each other in lectures and would use each other as sounding boards, me for the best way to snake her mates and her for any problems she was having with her much older, richer boyfriend. She was, in short, absolutely class and we got on like a house on fire.

One night the inevitable happened, we both got drunk together. I walked her home, she invited me in and we had spectacularly filthy sex in three different rooms. When we finally finished and she drifted into a drunken slumber, I recall smiling at the way things had turned out. Then I fell asleep.

The next day she could barely speak to me. Being a perceptive chap I took this to be a bad thing and scarpered.

Later that day she informed me of a number of things. Firstly, that we hadn't used a condom and she had just taken the morning-after pill. Secondly, that her boyfriend kept calling and she didn't know what to say to him and thirdly that she was worried about what would happen to us.

I played it safe. Because I was a no-bollock coward, I played it safe.

I said that it wouldn't change anything between us. That we'd still be friends and nothing would change. That I obviously wouldn't say anything to anyone so that her boyfriend could still come to visit without her worrying about rumours.

She looked a little sad when I said all of this and I couldn't figure out why. We tried to stay as friends, but we drifted apart. After two months our relationship and dropped to 'nodding terms' and by the end of the first year we weren't even doing that. She never came back for the second year and I later found out that she'd packed it all in.

It was only in the second year that one of her friends told me what had happened. That she'd wanted me to tell her to leave her boyfriend that day. That she felt the same things to me as I felt to her, but was scared that I was just going to add her to my list and then move on.

I'd have given that woman the drunkest years of my life.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Sep. 14 2006,10:43)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Sep. 14 2006,10:39)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Sep. 14 2006,10:10)]I hear now she lives with a bloke from Kent somewhere
Just for the record it's not me!

laugh.gif
I have slighty ammended the text so other people dont think its you either Napper.  
laugh.gif
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Slipperduke @ Sep. 14 2006,11:30)]It was only in the second year that one of her friends told me what had happened. That she'd wanted me to tell her to leave her boyfriend that day. That she felt the same things to me as I felt to her, but was scared that I was just going to add her to my list and then move on.

*watches stomach fall through the floor*

You have all the best stories, SD. Once again, the cap is doffed.

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Slipperduke @ Sep. 14 2006,11:30)]I wouldn't want to label her as, 'the one that got away', as I'm over the moon with the present Mrs Slipperduke, but there is one that comes to mind.

When I went to university as a wet-behind-the-ears teenager I had enough about me to know that the first week was a glorious opportunity. I stubbornly refused to make the effort to talk to any blokes and concentrated all my firepower on the fairer sex. By the end of the first day, I was in the pub with 7, count 'em, 7 girls from the course, vaguely aware that on the other side of the pub were 3 male geeks gazing over enviously.

One of these girls, Rachel, was different to the others. Whereas they were all giggly and girly, she was very confident and very funny. She had already assembled a small entourage of girls as her side-kicks. She was the Alpha-Bird. And she had cracking tits.

She also had a long-term boyfriend who was in his 30s and owned his own company in Leicester. I was 19 and I didn't even own my own duvet, I'd had to borrow it. I felt that I would be better off chasing more realistic targets and dismissed her out of hand.

In the first week, I seduced one of her entourage and then got cracking trying for another one. Rachel came in very handy throughout the process, which was unsuccesful in the end. We sat next to each other in lectures and would use each other as sounding boards, me for the best way to snake her mates and her for any problems she was having with her much older, richer boyfriend. She was, in short, absolutely class and we got on like a house on fire.

One night the inevitable happened, we both got drunk together. I walked her home, she invited me in and we had spectacularly filthy sex in three different rooms. When we finally finished and she drifted into a drunken slumber, I recall smiling at the way things had turned out. Then I fell asleep.

The next day she could barely speak to me. Being a perceptive chap I took this to be a bad thing and scarpered.

Later that day she informed me of a number of things. Firstly, that we hadn't used a condom and she had just taken the morning-after pill. Secondly, that her boyfriend kept calling and she didn't know what to say to him and thirdly that she was worried about what would happen to us.

I played it safe. Because I was a no-bollock coward, I played it safe.

I said that it wouldn't change anything between us. That we'd still be friends and nothing would change. That I obviously wouldn't say anything to anyone so that her boyfriend could still come to visit without her worrying about rumours.

She looked a little sad when I said all of this and I couldn't figure out why. We tried to stay as friends, but we drifted apart. After two months our relationship and dropped to 'nodding terms' and by the end of the first year we weren't even doing that. She never came back for the second year and I later found out that she'd packed it all in.

It was only in the second year that one of her friends told me what had happened. That she'd wanted me to tell her to leave her boyfriend that day. That she felt the same things to me as I felt to her, but was scared that I was just going to add her to my list and then move on.

I am in tears....That is one of the most tragic stories ever.....

Must got as cant look at screen for laughing/crying...
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Sep. 14 2006,11:42)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Slipperduke @ Sep. 14 2006,11:30)]It was only in the second year that one of her friends told me what had happened. That she'd wanted me to tell her to leave her boyfriend that day. That she felt the same things to me as I felt to her, but was scared that I was just going to add her to my list and then move on.

*watches stomach fall through the floor*

You have all the best stories, SD.  Once again, the cap is doffed.

cool.gif
Of course the legendary Slipperduke has the best stories . Checkout his e-mail address , it's barbara.cartland@whopperstories.com
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back