• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The packed lunch thread.

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
In a fit of boredom (I think I may be developing ADD) I want to know if anyone has a more 'old skool' luncheon than mine which consists of:

Corned beef and branston sandwiches.
Blue Ribband chocolate wafer.

Unfortunately it has long since been eaten and I will need to buy something else for lunch anyway.

Don't beat it - I've got a sweet tooth.

:D

Mind you, thesedays I doubt the schools would allow chocolate spread sandwiches for lunch, not after Jamie Oliver has corrupted the food in schools. We could make a job lot of chocolate spread sandwiches and sell them through the school gates, we could make a fortune.

Mind you, thesedays I doubt the schools would allow chocolate spread sandwiches for lunch, not after Jamie Oliver has corrupted the food in schools. We could make a job lot of chocolate spread sandwiches and sell them through the school gates, we could make a fortune.

Todays kids are more interested in fried chicken and chipped potatoes.

Todays kids are more interested in fried chicken and chipped potatoes.

Dead right. At the school in Camden I used to work in, all the older kids bowled out at lunchtime for cheap pizzas, kebab meat and chips (with mayonaiise- yuck), chicken etc. Ex-pupils who used to hang around the school gates with their vicious dogs would also feed them this rubbish.

I have a dream that one day someone will make kebab meat socially acceptable.

There must be an artisan halal butcher out there somewhere making elephants feet from decent cuts of meat.

Is Jamie Oliver interested in publicising that? Of course not, he is too busy scoring easy points kicking up a fuss about the nations fat kids and making commercials for Sainsburys.

Last edited:
Is Jamie Oliver interested in publicising that? Of course not, he is too busy scoring easy points kicking up a fuss about the nations fat kids and making commercials for Sainsburys.

I find it also slightly ironic that after hitting the big 30 & his much publicised healthy eating campaign, Mr Oliver has piled on the lard (yes, I do know some pics out there were him in a fat suit), there was an old edition of The Naked Chef on satellite when I was round my mates the other day and he looked positively anorexic compared to his dodgy Sainsburys ads that are on now!

I have a dream that one day someone will make kebab meat socially acceptable.

During half-time last Saturday, we discussed the food boycott at Wembley (which was apparently a great success according to the SUSD site) and, rather than an "Aberdeen Angus burger with cheddar cheese" being the normal offered fare, we concluded that a kebab house is really the only kiosk to have inside a football stadium; beer, football, donor kebab - a perfect day.

During half-time last Saturday, we discussed the food boycott at Wembley (which was apparently a great success according to the SUSD site) and, rather than an "Aberdeen Angus burger with cheddar cheese" being the normal offered fare, we concluded that a kebab house is really the only kiosk to have inside a football stadium; beer, football, donor kebab - a perfect day.

But kebabs taste disguisting unless you are lash out of your box.

Back on topic...

Brown bread sandwiches with ham, chicken, mustard and cucumber.
Bag of salt and vinegar crisps
Can of pepsi max.

My good lady does the packed lunches, Cheese and pickle sandwich on white bread - well Hovis best of both, easier for the kids. Packet of bacon rashers and /or a packet of walkers and a kit-kat chunky. I buy, or get bought my drinks as the day goes on, usually Lucozade lemon, nothing beats it. (Except of course Coca-cola and the amber nectar)

i had soup from sainsburies and half a french stick with butter, no old school parsé but nice none the less... usually do the boots meal deal most days to be honest

Back