• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Harold Bishop Killer

Got bummed around Aus
At 23 I should still be somewhere near the prime of my life. Still have all my hair, wrinkles do not concern me and a beer gut has not quite formed into its glory yet (although 7 months of travelling is helping it along its way). Friends, colleagues and people I just generally know older than me saying my time is coming. No longer am I in a meadow of poppies, where nothing can hurt you. In stead I have fallen into the a bed of roses, it looks good from the outside but once in there you will get hurt! And this leads to the 2 day hangover. One of the first signs that you are no longer in that honeymoon period of drinking – where you can go drink after drink and wake up the next morning with just a slight groggy feeling, maybe the slight memory loss (months have been lost from my life) but knowing a quick hair of the dog will make the world a sunnier place again. These days I need a rest from drinking – not a good thing for a traveller – and this week I have suffered my first ever two day hangover. Why! Why me!! Cut down in the prime of my life. Now lets get one thing I straight – I did drink for 12 hours but it wasn’t like I had 5 pints every hour. Only had about 10 max in that whole time I reckon so why does my still feel like it needs to shut it self down 2 days after the drinking event? Why does my body still want me to lie down in a darkened room and not move? Why does it feel like if Ricky Hatton punched me in the face right now it would not distract from the pain my body is going through? Has anyone else been through this traumatic event? Or am I just being weak?

For someone who's travelling around Oz, you seem to spend an inordinate amount of time on here? Are you sure you've gone no further than Chalkwell in your backpacking adventures?

Ten pints in twelve hours........You feckin wimp. Thats less than a pint an hour!!!!

It comes to us all some sooner than others. I remember a session on Cointreau once and after throwing up the lot suffered for a full three days after. Haven't touched the stuff since and can't even face the smell of it.

I also did the top rack in Exeter which consists of a shot from each optic the length of the bar, and The Valiant Soldier has a very long bar. I went from stone cold sober to completely legless in under 10 minutes. That one cost me two days in bed and a whisker away from a stomach pump.

Since then I stick to beer and the odd G&T. I still like the occasional bender but am increasingly concerned about the memory loss that go with them.

I'm afraid you're a lightweight. A two day hangover on that intake? Serious cause for concern mate! At your age I could easily do 12 pints in 3 or 4 hours and I'm a girl! Or rather, was, now I'm a lady and such behaviour is completely behind me.

I'm afraid you're a lightweight. A two day hangover on that intake? Serious cause for concern mate! At your age I could easily do 12 pints in 3 or 4 hours and I'm a girl! Or rather, was, now I'm a lady and such behaviour is completely behind me.

lol, not according to old blue man ;)

The reason I am on here during the week quite a bit as currently stuck in a boring office job temping while trying to eatn enough money to carry on round Oz. And a cant access my email or facebook at work this is my only saviour.

And the fact that I didnt have that much is the really worrying bit! But then the saturday just gone I had more than that in a shorter time and woke up Sunday slightly groggy but not feeling too bad. Damn body - it just toys with me!

Back