• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

MR G

First XI⭐
Thought Friday night just shows you how effective you can be by passing rather than hoofing!!
Great display especially in the second half.
Hursts cross for Tomlins first was sublime.
More of the same please..
P.S. Happy Christmas to all.
MR G

It's possible to be effective either way. It's all about playing to your strengths. Last season with a big man upfront it paid to be more direct. This season it suits Britt and Gavin to play to feet or down the channels.

There is nothing wrong with direct football at all if it is done properly. Last season was very entertaining, although mainly for those of us who go away regularly.

I agree though, some of the stuff we played Friday was terrific.

It's possible to be effective either way. It's all about playing to your strengths. Last season with a big man upfront it paid to be more direct. This season it suits Britt and Gavin to play to feet or down the channels.

There is nothing wrong with direct football at all if it is done properly. Last season was very entertaining, although mainly for those of us who go away regularly.

I agree though, some of the stuff we played Friday was terrific.

Think you hit the nail on the head there, away games last season were fantastic.....home games were like watching paint dry. Sturrock deserves an awful lot of credit this season, he's clearly listened to the criticism of the style of play and has found the perfect balance for the players we have. The football this season has been so much more entertaining than last and, arguably, we look a better side for it. Long may it continue. :thumbsup:

I think the only difference is that this season we have strikers able to run onto the longer ball and press the defence. I don't think we've changed style at all. When we go a goal up we are very dangerous.

I think the only difference is that this season we have strikers able to run onto the longer ball and press the defence. I don't think we've changed style at all. When we go a goal up we are very dangerous.

So are most teams :winking:

Back