• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The paying off of the debts and charges

C
Did you buy them at about £6 each? after that glossy brochure came through the door, promising all sorts, in what seems a long long time ago. I've still got that brochure.

Can't remember the price - I think I bought in 2 lots, earlier shares for myself and then later for my son. I think the latter ones had the glossy brochure

I've never built a large stadium, but I've been involved in the research process behind one so I might be of use. *Deep breath* here we go...

I would imagine that the lenders on the project would have wanted a sweep of impact analysis reports to be completed to determine how healthy their loan on the stadium would be, With that in mind, things such as the building of the main stand and hotel would need to be outlined in meticulous detail, Ron's "it'll be built at some point" won't free up funds... I mean he could just make up what he wants as he goes and hope for the best but it'll be pulled apart quickly.

Relegation impact analysis would have been carried out as well as well as the impact of switching managers, being crap in the cups, strength of the youth team and sales from players etc.

Basically - are there stable cash lines or is the club using it's creditors as an unconventional overdraft and this could impact the ability of paying back the loan.

Likewise, somewhere there's going to be some sort of financial model in existence showing forecast on club earnings in L2, L1 and Championship with an indicator of how the main objective once in the stadium is going to be achieved.

So... back to the original question - there's got to be some capital in the club right now and that will make things a hell of a lot more favourable with creditors. Uncle Ron can't go and ask for credit when he's associated with frequent trips to the High Court to see his mates from HMRC, but where that capital has come from who knows...

Any other questions, I'll do my best to answer. Might not be able to answer fully, but I can lean on a bit of experience on this one.

I can certainly talk you through the process of planning and delivering a large stadium, but the funding strategy is now so complicated that I’ve lost track of exactly how much direct involvement Ron and his myriad of companies will ultimately have in all of this.
Crawliano’s quoted response is probably as good a guess as you are going to get though.

I'm intrigued to see what comes next but listening to various podcasts it looks like their consensus is that RM is at the very least putting feelers out about selling

Last edited:
Elounda of course! Another of Jnr Martins companies I think?!

Elounda. I wonder if he named Elounda Court in Benfleet after the company or the other way round, I know Martins Mews, both off Albion Road was built by him so assume Elounda Court was similarly.

He can duck,dive and swerve with the best!

Seriously IF I vestment and new partners are putting money in, whoever they are, they are likely to insist on transparency and clarity of debts, or better still remove the debts.

I agree all this paper money shifting this week does point to Larsson and his consortium.

I agree all this paper money shifting this week does point to Larsson and his consortium.
The Council would also require the "paper " debts to be gone before they could become an official working partner for the Roots Hall housing build.
As usual nothing is clear or obvious.
And usually there is a huge unknown.
I have to say Ron is playing a blinder at keeping his cards close to his chest.

He might have to sell his newsagents at this rate!
When Ron first took over a friend of mine did a companies check and has always stated that Ron simply hasn't ever had the financial muscle to carry off FF .He's more of a buy ....get planning and sell on for a profit type of guy.

Was he cleaning up the books a bit in advance of potential investment?

I think far more likely in advance of the planning process and a desire to remove unnecessary complications/questions.

I think far more likely in advance of the planning process and a desire to remove unnecessary complications/questions.

Nothing to do with trying to flog the club to the Swedish House Mafia a few months back then?

Back