• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dear all,

The Shrimperzone / Trust LDV Vans trophy Pennant has survived and has gloriously returned to it's beginning and spiritual home of Roots Hall.
A final link at the end of this post can be accessed to see the whole story...but before that....

296 Days

9 Countries

15 Exiles

The Pennants tour was an idea rustled up by me out of frustration at being so far away from all things Southend, and i wanted to try a project to promote all us exiles, to promote the site, promote the trust and most importantly raise the profile of the amount of all Shrimpers that exist on this fair earth.

It began with  about a months worth of frantic e-mailing throughout the world to establish the fan base and to see exactly which countries possessed their own Shrimper.
As it turned out there were many, and even more popped up out of the woodwork as the pennant began to move.

This whole process began gingerly after Paul Yeomanson from the trust provided the pennant itself and liaised with me to send the Pennant from Roots Hall on its Journey. I'd like to say at this point that if it wasn't for Paul this project couldn't have occured and would not of happened. Even though he has accredited me with thanks on the Trust site it is he who deserves the praise. The guy has been a legend and we should all be proud to have such a dedicated guy at the helm of our Supporters Club.
Paul, you truly are a great bloke .

Anyway....

After being farewelled by Paul and Ade Butteriss at the Hall 296 days ago, the Pennant visited:

Me and Brian Goodman in Perth, Australia.
Tim Hynson in Melbourne Australia
Alan Cowdrey in Sth Africa
Mark Warner in Malta
David Russell in Germany
Mike Smith in Spain
Steve James in Mexico
Paul Cannin in Sth Carolina USA
Colin Pierce in Texas, USA
John Bridge in Ontario Canada
David Kenley in Quebec Canada
Ian Kittle in Ontario, Canada

It was then returned most fittingly by Mike Smith Ex Trust commitee member, founder of Shrimperzone at the MK Dons game on 3/12/05 alongside Lee Morgan and Paul Napper.

This project has been nothing but a pleasure to have engaged in and there are so many peole to thank that i may have to post a few times.
Firstly to Paul at the Trust. It goes without saying that this guy is the mutts nuts of a Fan.
Thanks to All exiles involved. Thanks for the pictures, the e-mails and following the flight plan!!
Thanks to Leeboy, Napster and all other Mods who allowed this to proceed on the site.
Cheers to the Echo and All at Sea Fanzine for publishing the Journey at certain destinations
And obviously thanks to all who showed interest in this project from the beginning and wanted to go out of their way to help. These include :

Tony ( ORM ) - Couldn't quite tie up the dates for the Far east.
Andy ( Kent Shrimper ) Offer of the Nou Camp
Tom ( Shrimp in a Kilt )- Offer of John O'Groats
Matt ( The Shrimp ) - Offer of Qatar
Paul - Offer of the Czech Republic
Seth ( Colorado Shrimper ) - Offer of Littleton USA.
Hils ( Vange Shrimper ) Offer of i can't remeber where!!

There were many reasons why you guys never got involved but i really appreciated your offers and attempts to get this into wider areas.

In terms of the aims of the project i'm not sure if they were achieved....ahhh....who cares. It was a lot of fun.

At the end of the day the Pennant, the Club, The Trust and 15 exiles got some exposure through a variety of media outlets and this has shwon the depth of real support this Great club has throughout planet Earth.

I had great fun and i hope you enjoyed the updates.

The final Trust report can be viewed below.

PS - I've another project ready to go!!!!
( Don't worry Paul, it wont include you !!!
biggrin.gif
)

<a href="//www.shrimperstrust.co.uk/news/Pennant.shtml" target="_blank">Final Pennant Report.</a>

Good work to all involved and to Perth Shrimper for instigating the idea, its been a pleasure watching its journey

Superb effort by Perth Shrimper, Beaver, and the rest of the Overseas contingent of Shrimpers.  Hearty congrats to all of you.

biggrin.gif

P.S. Cheer up Lee, it might never happen...

tounge.gif

14rootshall.jpg

It would have been fun to be involved, but I understand the reasons I wasn&#39;t (mainly being on the other side of the Atlantic when the pennant was in North America&#33;). Great work from all involved, it was fun watching the pennant as traveled around the globe&#33;

[b said:
Quote[/b] (perth shrimper @ Dec. 07 2005,08:10)]Hils ( Vange Shrimper ) Offer of i can&#39;t remeber where&#33;&#33;
Was gonna take it to the Swiss Alps with me, and also the lovely farmer town called Cheltenham.
biggrin.gif

I&#39;m pleased that it got round so many countries and continents and that it made it safely back to the Hall.

BTW, nice to see Lee smiling in the photo per usual
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

did the echo do a report on the return to the hall with a list of locations visited? if so can someone tell me where to get a copy please.mum or dad or my bruver can pick it up.

Proud to have written my little bit on it&#33;&#33;&#33;
Canada Boy

Cannot believe that two Canadians are on this list at the same time. It is an omen for Brentford.

Back