• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The People's Vote

Peoples Vote

• Leave (May's Deal)

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Leave (No Deal)

Votes: 32 52.5%
  • Remain

Votes: 28 45.9%

• Total voters

MK Shrimper

Striker
I may regret this, but should it come back to the people, how would you vote? (Of course I have no way of knowing what the options would be, so I've gone for all three).

Remain, unsurprisingly.

One scenario I'd be interested to hear peoples opinion on is if there were a peoples vote and the votes of Mays deal and no deal combined beats Remain, how would you suggest we move forward? In that scenario there would be still be a majority wanting to leave the EU

Remain, unsurprisingly.

One scenario I'd be interested to hear peoples opinion on is if there were a peoples vote and the votes of Mays deal and no deal combined beats Remain, how would you suggest we move forward? In that scenario there would be still be a majority wanting to leave the EU
I'd suggest two questions -
1. Leave or Remain
2 In the event of a Leave vote: May's Deal or No Deal (and maybe other versions too)

Remain, unsurprisingly.

True it does split the leave vote, so I defer to my learned friend Another SS's idea.

Remain currently leading with 75% of the vote, so can understand why the leavers are so terrified of another referendum...

I originally voted remain. I would vote remain in this poll. My concern if we asked Europe to allow us to resind section 50. We might not be accepted back under our orignal terms. If they said we have to take the Euro and join a European army I would be reluctant to go back.

IF the vote went Remain, this the 2nd time then there would, I have little doubt, be a growing clamour for the THIRD vote! -as in the Scots' situation.
And in the next EU elections I can see a re-resurgence of UKIP and a.n.other right wing separatist and half nasty party which would not be good for the UK and possibly very damaging for EU processes with internal disruption and encouraging of "like minded" agendas in other countries which are already showing internal stresses.
All a big BIG mess and I do find the seemingly gloating smugness quite loathsome from too many people who ought to know better.

I've instructed my servants to vote Leave.

No deal, either. Not on my watch!

I originally voted remain. I would vote remain in this poll. My concern if we asked Europe to allow us to resind section 50. We might not be accepted back under our orignal terms. If they said we have to take the Euro and join a European army I would be reluctant to go back.

Not a chance.

I expect they would make it as easy as possible for us to remain. They lose out too if we leave, they will avoid a whole heap of hassle to cancel Brexit.

No chance of those conditions being attached. It's not even certain we'd need the EU's agreement to reverse Article 50

Unfortunately Theresa May ****ed it up and has made it unworkable.

As Winston Churchill said "Nothing in politics happens by accident".

The next GE will be a rerun of the Referendum......Corbyn will have nowhere to go. Of course you will deny this rather than deal with it.....So Labour will lose.

It was made pretty clear that the referendum vote was final. Anything else is a serious betrayal of democracy.

One of the fundamental tenets of democracy is that people can change their mind, especially when presented with new evidence.

We didn't know what deal would be on offer. I think most people knew that a deal was likely but I'll hold my hands up, I was wrong as I assumed that we'd go for Norway on the basis that that is what the likes of Daniel Hannan, Nigel Farage etc seemed to be suggesting and it removes us from the EU but doesn't wreck our ability to fund the NHS, schools etc. I never imagined that the deal we sought would be as unambitious as this and not even protect the biggest part of our economy, services.

Still, if it is the will of the people, I'm sure you have nothing to fear from a further vote.

Back