• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The People's Vote

Peoples Vote

• Leave (May's Deal)

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Leave (No Deal)

Votes: 32 52.5%
  • Remain

Votes: 28 45.9%

• Total voters
He voted leave like the majority in Britain did. Both main parties fought a GE on the basis we would leave.....Thays a 500 majority in Parliament. If you wanted remain you should have voted Liberal.

What you don't get is that leave is very strong in many of the traditional Labour strongholds up north. They have had more than enough of the London left wing elite sounding off in their cosseted echo chambers. You have ignored them for years, that's why we have Brexit. They are now realising you never had any intention of 'respecting' their vote.

Still its time for a real working class party who will champion the cause of the real working class and not the sort of Gaurdanistas who play at it for self grandiosity from a position of white educational privilege , whilst fleeing back to their families in a white neighbourhood

Did he? How would you know? I think you are just making stuff up again.

Did he? How would you know? I think you are just making stuff up again.

You can see for yourself on youtube.

By the way is Dianne Abbott still not as bad as Hitler.....Or have you thought of a better comparison yet?

You can see for yourself on youtube.

By the way is Dianne Abbott still not as bad as Hitler.....Or have you thought of a better comparison yet?

I’m not sure whether this post is holocaust denial, an accusation of mass genocide against Abbott or just a complete loss of perspective. :Unsure:

I’m not sure whether this post is holocaust denial, an accusation of mass genocide against Abbott or just a complete loss of perspective. :Unsure:

You will have to ask maninasuitcase he was the one that posted it. Just reminding people when he trolls me on various posts......After all you cant rely on moderators

You will have to ask maninasuitcase he was the one that posted it. Just reminding people when he trolls me on various posts......After all you cant rely on moderators

Diane Abbott not being as bad as Hitler really isn’t controversial (except maybe to you) and in need of defence.

This appears to just be an attempt to deflect attention away from the shambles that is Brexit so I’m going to drop it.

Diane Abbott not being as bad as Hitler really isn’t controversial (except maybe to you) and in need of defence.

This appears to just be an attempt to deflect attention away from the shambles that is Brexit so I’m going to drop it.

I'm not deflecting anything. Surrey Shrimper brought up his favourite person, Tommy Robinson, who he obsessively follows. You ended up spouting some nonsense about holocaust denial.

Anyway back on track. Of course its a shambles, that's the plan. I explained that to you in Post 63. Not that any of you remainers have an answer.

I'm not deflecting anything. Surrey Shrimper brought up his favourite person, Tommy Robinson, who he obsessively follows. You ended up spouting some nonsense about holocaust denial.

Anyway back on track. Of course its a shambles, that's the plan. I explained that to you in Post 63. Not that any of you remainers have an answer.
In reply to another poster's comment about potential UKIP rise when Brexit collapses I pointed out reasons why that would not be the case - one of the reasons was their new connections to 'Tommy'. Then two days later Farage quit UKIP for that very reason. So not only was my point valid I also preemptived Farage's reaction.

I'm happy to share my insight with fellow Shrimpers!

I love the way some remainers convince themselves the only people who want Brexit are right wing Sun reading football hooligans.... Throw in a few favourite Buzz words like racist and xenophobe and reality will go away.

Well it won’t and the cosy two party system know that. Which is why we haven’t had a second referendum already. That’s why parliament had to ‘honour’ the result.

The 18m who voted out are not going anywhere and the only thing any MP cares about is themselves. They didn’t even care that less and less people bothered to vote. It actually made life easier for them

Then along come UKIP who freightened the life out of the career and spineless mainstream MPs. The very fact that May was elected leader raised a red flag amongst the politically astute. The self destructing GE was a further example of MPs wanting to cling to their gravy train in Brussels. Why would they remove themselves from a system that rewards failed MPs with more money than the British PM could ever make in Westminster The Kinnocks alone have rinsed us for £10m.

That’s why we are where we are now and that’s why Labour won’t ever offer an alternative deal.

The big problem is for Westminster is they are to scared to step back in the water. They hoped by hanging around for a few years the UKIP shark has swum away. What if a bigger more aggressive shark is waiting.

You commented that nobody had answered you on #63 so I will.

I think the remainers that cast the assumption that leave voters are racist, xenophobic, right wing are a small minority. In the same way that the racist leave voters are a minority. It's not a view I hold.

I think there is potential for more than one new party. I don't often credit the man but Farage has done very well leaving UKIP as they seem to be on the cusp of becoming a new BNP. He is still a very influential man amongst leave supporters and I could see him getting support. There is also the idea thrown about by Vince Cable of a new centre left party with labour rebels and lib dems. If Corbyn can't get into number 10 against this government then Labour need a new more central leader or there needs to be a new party to give real opposition.

You commented that nobody had answered you on #63 so I will.

I think the remainers that cast the assumption that leave voters are racist, xenophobic, right wing are a small minority. In the same way that the racist leave voters are a minority. It's not a view I hold.

I think there is potential for more than one new party. I don't often credit the man but Farage has done very well leaving UKIP as they seem to be on the cusp of becoming a new BNP. He is still a very influential man amongst leave supporters and I could see him getting support. There is also the idea thrown about by Vince Cable of a new centre left party with labour rebels and lib dems. If Corbyn can't get into number 10 against this government then Labour need a new more central leader or there needs to be a new party to give real opposition.
Last point is potentially valid if Labour don't win the likely GE in 2019 but the 2017 GE was called when May was in her honeymoon period. Left Labour took 40% at that point and centrist LibDems took 8%.

In reply to another poster's comment about potential UKIP rise when Brexit collapses I pointed out reasons why that would not be the case - one of the reasons was their new connections to 'Tommy'. Then two days later Farage quit UKIP for that very reason. So not only was my point valid I also preemptived Farage's reaction.

I'm happy to share my insight with fellow Shrimpers!

You seem to have forgotten that you mentioned you will be joining other democracy deniers to try and stop a legal Brexit support march.

Still it must be fun joining all the other Soros paid protesters. Tell me do you dress in black and cover your face ?

Last point is potentially valid if Labour don't win the likely GE in 2019 but the 2017 GE was called when May was in her honeymoon period. Left Labour took 40% at that point and centrist LibDems took 8%.

Labour were a Brexit party back then. You are now losing support on a daily basis. Just because people have no faith in TM don't think they will vote Labour.

Labour were a Brexit party back then. You are now losing support on a daily basis. Just because people have no faith in TM don't think they will vote Labour.
They respected the result of the referendum, that doesn't make them a Brexit party.
After May has wasted 2+ years making Brexit unworkable I doubt that will be seen as a practical option anymore.

was there a poll around the time of the Brexit vote - can we tell if there has been any swing in the shrimperzone view?

Back