• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Play Offs

Will we make the Play-Offs?

• Yes

Votes: 49 31.6%
  • No

Votes: 106 68.4%

• Total voters

Evening Echo

The News
SOUTHEND United’s stuttering form continued with a frustrating share of the spoils against lowly Torquay United at Roots Hall on Saturday.

More...

It's well out of order. There's nothing wrong with CP having an opinion but to single Smith out the way he did in the public domain is uncalled for. A few weeks back he also had a sly dig on Twitter because Smith apparently declined an interview with him. That shouldn't have gone public either. Seems there is tension between them.

Voted yes by mistake, voting on a simple poll being beyond me. So it should be 100% no at the moment.

we will be well lucky to make play-offs as it stands now, we need a great run and other teams to mess up.

this stat from CP is revealing.

"Five changes were made at the weekend alone yet when Blues enjoyed their best spell of the season just two alterations were made throughout an unbeaten run of nine league games."

Regarding play-offs, I think they became extremely unlikely after the last two home games. Of course it is still mathematically possible and we will fight on until the end........the way things are going that could be fairly soon.

even if you vote no and think we ahve no chance, do your best at matches to support the team and make the impossible possible. If the players think we have no belief then they will follow

Of course we could still make the play-offs, 4 wins from the next 5 games would probably see us back in the top 7 but the problem is we'd struggle to beat an average sunday league side at home at the moment, so the reality is almost certainly no.

Only positive is we're good away from home against higher opposition, which at least gives me hope for the JPT!

Can we make the playoffs? Yes, but only if we win nearly all our remaining games.
Will we make the playoffs? No, our terrible home form has let us down.

Were we stand now, we are to reliant on clubs results above us. We need to win the lot, and others to lose a lot, it not going to happen.

Were we stand now, we are to reliant on clubs results above us. We need to win the lot, and others to lose a lot, it not going to happen.

Although I agree that our (home) form needs to pick up quickly , it's not that bad.
Many of those above and below us have several games against each other , so by definition , teams will lose points.
I think Rotherham have the majority of games against teams in or around the play offs ( I may be wrong though ?? ).
I do agree though that it all becomes academic if we don't start winning our games - starting tomorrow.

Although I agree that our (home) form needs to pick up quickly , it's not that bad.
Many of those above and below us have several games against each other , so by definition , teams will lose points.
I think Rotherham have the majority of games against teams in or around the play offs ( I may be wrong though ?? ).
I do agree though that it all becomes academic if we don't start winning our games - starting tomorrow.

None of the teams in the play-offs play tomorrow.

On saturday, Rotherham have Exeter (both in play-offs), Northampton have Oxford and Cheltenham are away to Barnet.

You just know what will happen, we win both our games and those results go our way or we screw up and those drop points.

Cheltenham's last few games include Port Vale, Exeter, Gillingham, Northampton and Bradford.

If this was Football Manager then no, given the ***** form that we are in and given that we are now six at home without a win then for me its was over after the Rotherham draw all be it not on paper.

Best we can hope for is a nice day at Wembley from this season IMHO. If you cant put Torquay or AFC Wim to bed then we cant really grumble either.

The average required for 7th spot over the last 5 seasons or so is 73 points.

So that means we need 18 points as a minimum from the next 24 points available. 6 wins out of 8 at least. More likely 7 out of 8 required.

Looking at those above us, who are already on 60+ points. It would take a monumental collapse for those lot not to pick up the required handful of wins to put us out of the picture in the next few weeks.

Of course it is possible. Anyone can put together 6 or 7 wins on the bounce.

But being realistic, with our form and injury situation. It is not likely to happen if we are honest with ourselves.

Another season in the basement looms large, unless a miracle happens.

At the moment 17 people think we will make the playoffs, they are probably the same people that thought we would get 9 points from the Wimbledon, Torquay and Plymouth home games!

Tall order but 5 wins and a draw might be enough?,Current form suggests the play offs are off limits.

I am astounded at the optimism here. Fair play to you all that voted yes. Lets hope you are proven correct.

If this was Football Manager then no, given the ***** form that we are in and given that we are now six at home without a win then for me its was over after the Rotherham draw all be it not on paper.

Best we can hope for is a nice day at Wembley from this season IMHO. If you cant put Torquay or AFC Wim to bed then we cant really grumble either.
Absolutely right. It pains me but I think we have blown it over the last 2 weeks at home. 2 points from 9 is almost relegation form. Stats don't lie........and to think RH used to be such a fortress over the years.

15 points out of 39 in 2013 says it all.

On current form that will put us on about 65 points. Way short of what is required for 7th spot.

Back