• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still all I ever wanted was a sodding mp3 download!
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Sep. 21 2005,08:49)]Yes, but just because of ME?! Surely not! One person on an unofficial forum does not bring a football club initiative to its knees.
That is a point I'd like to know the truth about.

Scrive, James... was it really all because of one person's remarks that the podcasts were stopped?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Sep. 21 2005,15:30)]Silence from Scriv. I know he's been on here today ... why the silence, lad?!

WS

rock.gif
** Rolls eyes **
** Headbuts keyboard **

Why the noise, lad?

FFS, leave it!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jumbo shrimp @ Sep. 21 2005,17:33)]Why the noise, lad?

FFS, leave it!
Oh sorry. Yes, mustn't upset you or the club, must we "lad"? Let's just shelve the investigative route and play safe. Let's talk about how great Eastwood is. Or whether the crowd should join hands and sing happy birthday to Edwards.

b******s! That's certainly not the ShrimperZone Scriv and I started many years ago and I would be very surprised if the lads who run it now would want it turned into a club love-in and group hug. There's Shrimpers Online for that. ShrimperZone has always been controversial, investigative, whatever and if you don't like it then just ignore it. You don't have to read it.

All I'm asking is why the club has apparently binned the podcast just because of my suggestions and obversations? Because I think there's far more in it ...

WS

mad.gif

When did they say the podcasts were not gonna be made anymore? I've looked for ages but can't see it anywhere

[b said:
Quote[/b] (keir_smith @ Sep. 22 2005,01:12)]When did they say the podcasts were not gonna be made anymore? I've looked for ages but can't see it anywhere
Neither can I.

But Scriv had a little tantrum yesterday because apparently I dared to make suggestions about the podcast that were contrary to his own policy on the initiative and he announced that "due to the comments on [ShrimperZone] we've decided to no longer continue the podcast for the time being". He's been silent ever since.

Apparently an unofficial site wields great influence with the football club. Even bizarrely it appears that ONE person on an unofficial site can do so ... absurd ...

WS

glare.gif

** waiting for more abuse **

Just for the record I didn't ask that question to add fuel to the proverbial fire, I asked only because I thought that I might have missed an article that said that the podcasts were no more

[b said:
Quote[/b] (keir_smith @ Sep. 22 2005,01:29)]Just for the record I didn't ask that question to add fuel to the proverbial fire, I asked only because I thought that I might have missed an article that said that the podcasts were no more
I know, Kier. But I very much doubt others will. I'll probably wake up tomorrow morning to more abuse ...

WS

oops.gif

The way I see it you want Scriv to come out and say that its all because of you that the podcasts stopped.
Although not being a regular poster on here, I am a regular reader, being a student bum, and have noticed over time that you seem to think that you are the most important person on this board.
Ok Scriv may have stopped the podcasts and it may have been because of you, it may not have been because of you, i hope it wasn't because of someone who likes to whinge about lots of things that he doesn't really have that much to do with anymore. If it wasn't because of you like you 'apparently hope' then stop going on at him to give you a reason, i don't see you asking him for a reason for every other decision he makes like the font colour and size on the official site so why keep questioning him about this. Its not happening, end of, if he brings it back great if he doesn't these things happen. But don't keep trying to make yourself Mr Important by trying to put it as much as possible on the public board that you think you are the reason the podcast stop. I'm sure as you post pretty much non-stop you know how to work the PM, or you have either Scrivs email or mobile number so why don't you ask him that way instead of making this little personal vendetta public.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Yorkshire Bambi @ Sep. 22 2005,05:28)]why don't you ask him that way instead of making this little personal vendetta public.
Because it's in the PUBLIC interest as to the real reason why the podcasts have been halted. Someone suggested that it was actually because James has gone on holiday; I'd rather know that was the real reason rather than a few comments of an unofficial message board, wouldn't you? Of course, I could do it offline and keep it amongst the little SZ clique if you'd prefer?

WS
Mr Important
Crime-fighter and superhero extraordinaire

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Sep. 22 2005,08:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Yorkshire Bambi @ Sep. 22 2005,05:28)]why don't you ask him that way instead of making this little personal vendetta public.
Because it's in the PUBLIC interest as to the real reason why the podcasts have been halted.
Is it?

I can't see a whole bunch of people banging on the door for answers.

"Excellent round-up.

But I'm sure the club will ignore it. They have a super-douper podcast to do ..."

This is the comment that kicked started all of this after a response to a complaint about ticketing. I don't know you from Adam, Xabia, but I chuckled when I read this comment. I saw the humour behind it. The fact that the club has so many basic issues getting the new ticketing issue sorted out on one hand, on the other bringing in new revolutionary technology. I found the comment fairly ironic, not derogatory to Scriv who is obviously running the media department better than those in charge of ticketing.

From little acorns do great oak trees grow - well in this argument anyway!! To be fair XS - I think you're digging a hole in sand now!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (OlvisIII @ Sep. 22 2005,10:23)]To be fair XS - I think you're digging a hole in sand now!!
I know!

biggrin.gif

Oh well, better stop winding people up now ... but it is so funny how they react ...

WS

tounge.gif

Although I don't agree with Mike's constant moaning about the form of the podcasts etc., I too would like to know whether they were stopped just because of Mike.

Also, seeing as the introduction of the podcasts were announced officially on the club's site, I'm wondering why (if they really have officialy been stopped) this development hasn't been announced on there.

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Sep. 22 2005,12:42)]Also, seeing as the introduction of the podcasts were announced officially on the club's site, I'm wondering why (if they really have officialy been stopped) this development
Because James in holiday I reckon. Scriv's tried to make me feel guilty and failed ...

WS

tounge.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back