• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Premier League and the EFL bailout

Galling in that the Gov (who it seems have billions to "spaff" against the wall of almost any project unless it relates to hungry children) have a real blindspot that stops them treating football fairly. I can understand not giving the money to the Prem, but the desire to treat the Prem & EFL as if the are the same thing is just not reality. They should be including the EFL and excluding the Prem in my view- actually ideally excluding the Championship in some ways but how that can be done in practical terms is another thing.

Some will say the Gov shouldn't be bailing out football- as long as they are consistent and saying that they shouldn't be bailing out other sports, the arts etc. that is fine and as I say at least consistent. Even if then it's the death nell for many a sporting club and business.
It is a fair view point but i think the Govt see it as the Prem give money every year to the EFL and wonder why they are reluctant to help as it stands right now. That is only my assumption i am probably wrong.

Apparently the proposed bail out for National league clubs will be the same amount each and not based on attendance figures. This has been condemned by some of the bigger clubs.

It is a fair view point but i think the Govt see it as the Prem give money every year to the EFL and wonder why they are reluctant to help as it stands right now. That is only my assumption i am probably wrong.
In think it goes back to when the Gov agreed with the Prem that football could start again behind closed doors. in return for enabling this "earlier" so the Prem could save many tens of £££m on their TV deals I think the Gov say that the Prem by way of a return agreed to look after clubs down the pyramid. Sadly this "agreement" was between a bunch of politicians and Prem bigwigs and was never documented and so relies on trust re what would follow/actually happen- the result will be a surprise to no-one..

In think it goes back to when the Gov agreed with the Prem that football could start again behind closed doors. in return for enabling this "earlier" so the Prem could save many tens of £££m on their TV deals I think the Gov say that the Prem by way of a return agreed to look after clubs down the pyramid. Sadly this "agreement" was between a bunch of politicians and Prem bigwigs and was never documented and so relies on trust re what would follow/actually happen- the result will be a surprise to no-one..

come on English FA, just make up a player registration tax so when you register with the national body, 5% of your weekly/monthly wage goes to helping football as a whole as determined by a FA charter. Which right now could be paying non-attendance or going forward training BAME coaches or improving quality of women football to be on par with men’s, or long term health care for ex pro etc

Back