• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Premier League and the EFL bailout

if we got the same as league one than would be around 1.04m of which Approx £625,000 would be LOANED? Can we have a 35 year mortgage on that ?

Sick of hearing a "rescue package" if its a loan, its just more debt. Could cause more long term damage if can't be paid back on time. Hardly a rescue.

if we got the same as league one than would be around 1.04m of which Approx £625,000 would be LOANED? Can we have a 35 year mortgage on that ?

We should. We were in league 1 last season.

Anyway, we should forget about the rescue package for the time being. Our priority is agreeing a payment plan with HMRC and thus removing the embargo so that we can register Akinola and Hart in time for tomorrow's match.

:ROFL:

Sick of hearing a "rescue package" if its a loan, its just more debt. Could cause more long term damage if can't be paid back on time. Hardly a rescue.
Think only some of it will be loans for L1 and L2 clubs (and in the first offer it was all loans for Champ clubs) but it was mainly advances on solidarity payments last time which is pointless as it's just kicking that can down the road further.

Think only some of it will be loans for L1 and L2 clubs (and in the first offer it was all loans for Champ clubs) but it was mainly advances on solidarity payments last time which is pointless as it's just kicking that can down the road further.

Agreed, shocked that clubs are media outlets are calling its a rescue, surely they must have some long-term thinking there?

If this current deal remains, which I dont like, although may have to accept as the best we can get, then a vestige of hope may rest in the briefing that future annual payments may be greater. ? significantly , That might enable some of the "loans" to be paid off, or maybe they could be written off?

Breakdown of bailouts below. I'm sure there is some reasoning behind the splits, or maybe not with this government? I find it odd that Horseracing gets so much when a rescue package IMO should be from the big bookmakers who make so much money form the sport, i'm sure if they stopped racing these bookies would soon get their chequebooks out!

The omission of cricket altogether seems odd too when you see what is included

Rugby Union: £135m - Rugby Football Union: £44m; Premiership clubs: £59m; Championship clubs: £9m; Clubs below Championship: £23m

Horseracing: £40m - To racecourses

Football: £28m - National League (steps 1-2): £11m; National League (steps 3-6): £14m; Women's Football (Women's Super League and FA Women's Championship): £3m

Rugby League: £12m

Motorsport: £6m
- Owners/operators of major circuits (Silverstone, Goodwood, The British Automobile Racing Club, MotorSport Vision)

Tennis: £5m - Lawn Tennis Association

Netball: £4m - England Netball: £2m; Super League Netball: £2 million

Basketball: £4m - Basketball England: £1m; British Basketball League clubs (including Women's British Basketball League clubs): £3m

Ice Hockey: £4m - Elite League

Badminton: £2m - Badminton England

Greyhound racing: £1m - Greyhound Board of Great Britain

That right, never good at maths , £20m divided by 48 = what you said
Almost certainly L1 clubs will get more each than L2. There was talk that the goal was to cover the lost gate revenue. Not sure that calculation would be on a club by club level, might be pro-rata according to difference between L1 & L2 average gates.

I guess the interesting calculation is what the shortfall at Southend is?

You have last years match day income including season tickets and at the gate
Plus last years iFollow income

Less this years season tickets (no gate money)
Less this seasons iFollow income (excluding what is included with the season tickets)

A final adjustment I am guessing there is a saving on staffing and policing costs.

What do we think this comes to? I am guessing its a £1m shortfall over the season so the the £20m bit thats a grant is not going to make much of a dent on that?

I guess you could have argued that without this crisis there would be no salary cap- so if £300k comes back in grant then probably the cap arguably has resulted in a wage bill at least £700k than it would have been.

Of course none of this addresses losses from last season...

Bailouts for rugby and horse racing....

Galling in that the Gov (who it seems have billions to "spaff" against the wall of almost any project unless it relates to hungry children) have a real blindspot that stops them treating football fairly. I can understand not giving the money to the Prem, but the desire to treat the Prem & EFL as if the are the same thing is just not reality. They should be including the EFL and excluding the Prem in my view- actually ideally excluding the Championship in some ways but how that can be done in practical terms is another thing.

Some will say the Gov shouldn't be bailing out football- as long as they are consistent and saying that they shouldn't be bailing out other sports, the arts etc. that is fine and as I say at least consistent. Even if then it's the death nell for many a sporting club and business.

Back