• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bromley Blue

The artist formerly known as the_saafender
I know this has probably been covered already but I've just watched the press conference on the OS. Great show of unity from Ron and our management duo. Ron said he'd build the stadium whether we're in the championship or league 2 which is great to hear. I know a few of you fear we may become another Darlington but despite this year's results I've still got more faith in Tilly and Brush than that. 2 or 3 players to join come January. Unfortunately I'll believe it when I see it. Thats not a lack in faith in the management, I just think it must be very hard to convince decent players to join a team bottom of the championship playing at a ground like Roots Hall.

I personally think there may be the odd player in League 2 we could look at. Players we have missed out in the past could arguably have done a job for us this season e.g Agogo. Although the vast majority of players are playing in that league for a reason, there are probably one or two that could improve the squad if not the team and even if we did go down would still have gained a league.

Thoughts?

The last thing I want is signings for the sake of signings. Look at Riera, complete waste of wages but was signed just because we needed to sign someone.

I'm sure there are many players in League 2 who could do a job in the championship, but what this particular team lacks is experience. Sign league 2 players by all means, but sign them with a view for next season, not with a view of expecting them to keep us up.

Hmm there goes the voice of reason. Love to know how you state that his wages are complete waste of money, when you put into perspective what the situation was at the time.

With hindsight and the injury he has suffered probably but you cannot blame the management on this, unless you think that they knew he would get injured so signed him just to shut us up.

Get real HKB sometimes you do post some complete and utter ...................................

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Dec. 15 2006,12:43)]I'm sure there are many players in League 2 who could do a job in the championship, but what this particular team lacks is experience. Sign league 2 players by all means, but sign them with a view for next season, not with a view of expecting them to keep us up.
Couldn't agree more, I've been saying this all along.

i was very pleased to hear that ron martin actually kept to his word by saying to the echo Tilly has his full backing, iv said this before on sz but usually when a chairman says that the manager gets a sack a few days later. so its nice to see rm keeping to his word and extending tillys contract, that has more than likely made tilly happy knowing his job is secure rather than worrying about that as well as being at the bottom of the table

nice one ron!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Dec. 15 2006,13:34)]Hmm there goes the voice of reason. Love to know how you state that his wages are complete waste of money, when you put into perspective what the situation was at the time.

With hindsight and the injury he has suffered probably but you cannot blame the management on this, unless you think that they knew he would get injured so signed him just to shut us up.

Get real HKB sometimes you do post some complete and utter ...................................
Eh?

I said at the time there was no point in signing him and that we had enough midfielders to cover. It was always unlikely that he was ever going to see much action - even if he was fit (he hadn't been playing for Sunderland) and remained fit. One of the reasons I argued against last minute panic signings for the sake of signing someone is because you haven't had time to research them, watch them regularly, check out their injury record etc etc. Tilly wasn't going to drop players he knows and trusts for someone he could barely recognise if he bumped into him in the street.

We were after him for at least two weeks before the deadline though, according to the Sunderland local rag.

Back