• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The press - for those who are interested

Southendsleeper

Manager
Sunday Mirror had a tiny article, instead concentrating on those monkeys down the road

News of the World on the other hand had a big article, nicely written, mostly concentrating on the Goats final day

'With a lump in his throat, he said "This is one of the most treasured memories I'll have in my life. I love the game and the realisation I wont be playing again just....This is the best way to end it"'

In The League Paper they had a picture of Freddy sitting in the bath with the trophy.

Southend Times has a 12 page supplement on Blues. Good reports and pictures - only 30p - on sale now!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (FLAVIA @ May 08 2006,12:48)]Southend Times has a 12 page supplement on Blues. Good reports and pictures - only 30p - on sale now!!
Love to see that...would some kind soul send me a copy and I'll repay them?

Please PM me I'll email over my address.

Ta

Blimey... a post about "The Press" with nothing in it from SZ's favourite paper, The Royal Gazette...? Shurrley shum mishtake?!

Oo.gif

As you might have imagined, Mr. Rustein and chums penned a word or two on the occasion of the retirement of Mr Leonard "Shaun" Goater...

Fantastic farewell expected for Goater

Goater's Final Farewell

'A true gentleman of the game'

The Goat's last meal

Admiration from a fellow pro

Worshipping the Goat

Feed The Goat[tm]

"This young boy is pretty good..."

A hero to many

The Goat - you are a legend sir, and you will be missed.

FEED THE GOAT

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 15 2006,18:39)]Blimey... a post about "The Press" with nothing in it from SZ's favourite paper, The Royal Gazette...?  Shurrley shum mishtake?!

Oo.gif

As you might have imagined, Mr. Rustein and chums penned a word or two on the occasion of the retirement of Mr Leonard "Shaun" Goater...

Fantastic farewell expected for Goater

Goater's Final Farewell

'A true gentleman of the game'

The Goat's last meal

Admiration from a fellow pro

Worshipping the Goat

Feed The Goat[tm]

"This young boy is pretty good..."

A hero to many

The Goat - you are a legend sir, and you will be missed.

FEED THE GOAT

Matt
Just Brilliant

Matt, have you been away for a long time or something?

Dragging up posts from the end of April where TTK mentions your name!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 16 2006,15:32)]Missed the promotion party, missed the league title...

*sigh*

Oh well, bring on the Birmingham scum.

biggrin.gif
To be honest Matt I was hoping you could be away for the first (say) 1/2 dozen games of next season.  You might have spotted that we actually won something whilst you were on honeymoon & I was wondering if you'd be able to leave the country again to ensure a decent start to next season.  
wink.gif

Just a thought!    
oops.gif

Piers

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hooly @ May 16 2006,16:52)]To be honest Matt I was hoping you could be away for the first (say) 1/2 dozen games of next season.  You might have spotted that we actually won something whilst you were on honeymoon & I was wondering if you'd be able to leave the country again to ensure a decent start to next season.  
wink.gif

Just a thought!    
oops.gif

Piers
tounge.gif

We won one or two games whilst I was still in the country, you know...

devil.gif

Back