• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

graysblue

Banned
are the jails too cushy?

with the prison population at record levels which is costing big money there must be an alternative.

my idea,

take one of the scottish islands where its in complete sticksville ie no public within 30 miles or any island in england with the same criteria.

at the centre of the island there would be a transmitter and every convict has a special bracelet attached on their leg,if any prisoner wanders say 2 miles from the transmitter the bracelet will beep and if the prisoners does not get back in range the bracelet explodes maiming or killing the convict.

drop food parcels by chopper and let the buggers fend for themselves,there would only be need for a few staff and this island could hold 500,000....................................job done and the taxpayer gets a tidy rebate.

when the prisoner has served his sentence the bracelet unlocks automatically and the convict can walk to freedom.

harsh or fair.

bracelet will beep and if the prisoners does not get back in range the bracelet explodes maiming or killing the convict.

I think maiming people for straying too far might be looked on as harsh by some of our more liberal posters. However, a few thousand volts of electric shock my be a big enough deterrent.

I think maiming people for straying too far might be looked on as harsh by some of our more liberal posters. However, a few thousand volts of electric shock my be a big enough deterrent.

steveo i like that idea

so if they stray they recieve an almighty shock,if they somehow manage to bypass the system could we still have the explosion?

Even better......send them packing on a boat to a far away land that is hot and sunny with amazing scenery and fantastic beaches!!!!!

Whilst we all stay in a damp windy wet gloomy land

Even better......send them packing on a boat to a far away land that is hot and sunny with amazing scenery and fantastic beaches!!!!!

Whilst we all stay in a damp windy wet gloomy land

think they already do this.

watched a prog ages ago where young tearaways were given the above in order to stop them from committing crime.

its a tad sickening.

Then after a number of years they could come back and beat us at sports like Cricket.

steveo i like that idea

so if they stray they recieve an almighty shock,if they somehow manage to bypass the system could we still have the explosion?

The system wouldn't be by passed. I would put Rusty in charge.

Then after a number of years they could come back and beat us at sports like Cricket.

And charge us a fortune to visit their Prison island.

And if we want to get to be part of the chain gang, we have to score a suitable amount of points to be able to join them.

Morning Blue. How long you got?

It seems a bit like Devil's Island. Fortunately, we moved away from that kind of behaviour about the same time we stopped trading in slaves and slicing people's guts out in public.

And you ever seen Escape From New York?

Can I ask, have you ever been in prison? I really wouldn't fancy it, and certainly not for any length of time. I don't think vaporising criminals is really the way to go, although it is a fairly novel suggestion.

I am for rehabilitation wherever possible. Those that are unrehabitable should remain in high security prisons for as long as is required (which I believe is the case anyway).

Morning Blue. How long you got?

It seems a bit like Devil's Island. Fortunately, we moved away from that kind of behaviour about the same time we stopped trading in slaves and slicing people's guts out in public.

And you ever seen Escape From New York?

Can I ask, have you ever been in prison? I really wouldn't fancy it, and certainly not for any length of time. I don't think vaporising criminals is really the way to go, although it is a fairly novel suggestion.

I am for rehabilitation wherever possible. Those that are unrehabitable should remain in high security prisons for as long as is required (which I believe is the case anyway).

when as a young lad i did indeed go through the penal system

approved school
detention centre
borstal
young prisoner

was released on 27th october 1978 since then i have not even littered.

tough prison time works.

are the jails too cushy?

with the prison population at record levels which is costing big money there must be an alternative.

my idea,

take one of the scottish islands where its in complete sticksville ie no public within 30 miles or any island in england with the same criteria.

at the centre of the island there would be a transmitter and every convict has a special bracelet attached on their leg,if any prisoner wanders say 2 miles from the transmitter the bracelet will beep and if the prisoners does not get back in range the bracelet explodes maiming or killing the convict.

drop food parcels by chopper and let the buggers fend for themselves,there would only be need for a few staff and this island could hold 500,000....................................job done and the taxpayer gets a tidy rebate.

when the prisoner has served his sentence the bracelet unlocks automatically and the convict can walk to freedom.

harsh or fair.

As Aberdeen Shrimper said been done before. So we send them all to another Island and in years to come their decendants come back work in our pubs and beat us at most sports.

No I don't think so.

according to the guardian online.com

in 1993 the prison population stood at 44,000,today its at 84,000.

the cost of any new prison space is put at £115,000 per prisoner whilst it costs £40,000 per year per prisoner.

the total cost is staggering with labour ideals to make prison time as comfy as possible.

prisoners easily smuggle booze birds and drugs.

is todays penal penalties actually a detterent?

are the jails too cushy?

my idea,

harsh or fair.

So basically the plot of Battle Royale? Minus the 'last man standing within 72 hours' business of course.

according to the guardian online.com

in 1993 the prison population stood at 44,000,today its at 84,000.

the cost of any new prison space is put at £115,000 per prisoner whilst it costs £40,000 per year per prisoner.

the total cost is staggering with labour ideals to make prison time as comfy as possible.

prisoners easily smuggle booze birds and drugs.

is todays penal penalties actually a detterent?

I think the word is out and rather than seeking a better life in Spain or Australia people are realising there is a utopian existence right on our own doorstep.

I must admit I am thinking of jacking in my job, wife and kids for a nice seven to ten stretch in a category A prison.

Back