• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mick

Life President
Can we go out of all 5 cup competitions at the first hurdle ? Or will the youths save us from that embarrassment?

Well it's ideal opposition; some would call it a straightforward home tie, at least one person would refer to it as a "banana skin". Leverstock Green, a village just outside Hemel Hempstead with a population of less than 10,000, provide the opposition.

Home ties with Barnet and, potentially, Middlesbrough await the winners.

Tomorrow's referee is Paul Howard from Bermondsey who is making reasonably rapid progress through the non-league ranks. A couple of years ago he was promoted to Level 3 and this year he was promoted to the National Conference Assistant Referee panel. He was previously the co-ordinator for the London FA young referees support group (smart move, things like that help referees get on!). Refereed the FA Cup derby match between Thurrock and Aveley earlier this season without too many problems.

Assisting him will be two newly promoted Level 4 referees, Thomas Marshall from Kent and James Hurst from London.

Mr Howard seems to have been appointed to a Ryman Premier match on the following day, but I'm pretty sure FA competitions take precedence.

I read they had won 6 out of 6 so far scoring 24 goals so may be interesting what standard they are.

They've won 9 out of 9, scoring 38 and conceding 8. Luke Warner-Eley has scored 15 of those goals from mid-field.

I normally go to these sort of games but after Harlow and Chester, I have to say that I really do not think I can stomach this one tomorrow unfortunately. :unsure:

They've won 9 out of 9, scoring 38 and conceding 8. Luke Warner-Eley has scored 15 of those goals from mid-field.

ah you have included the cup games as well. Impressive record but surely we should be a few levels up from this

ah you have included the cup games as well. Impressive record but surely we should be a few levels up from this

Well the firsts only play in the Spartan South Midlands League (same level as Essex Senior) so one would assume that this would be a fair step up for their kids. But then again, I was pretty cocky about our chances of beating Chester...

Who is going tonight? Anyone else that bored/sad or just me ...

I am going. Although in theory we should be firm favourites some of these kids may well have played in the first team and may be used to a more physical game. This happened last year when we played Maidstone & only just scraped through.

I am going. Although in theory we should be firm favourites some of these kids may well have played in the first team and may be used to a more physical game. This happened last year when we played Maidstone & only just scraped through.

Remember playing Corinthian (i think) a few years ago and absolutely were a different level, think it was only 4-0 but could have been double figures at least. Based on current Southend dont expect too much though!

Left a bit early at 6-0 - our lads looked very good especially going forward - Levy were a bit unlucky at 2-0 -our keeper pulled off an excellent double save & a 30 yarder hit the bar after that we tore 'em apart.
A good night with sterner tests to follow.

A great result and a really useful looking set of youngsters. Yet another good 'keeper coming through the ranks as well. Well played Ricky's boys!

A great result and a really useful looking set of youngsters. Yet another good 'keeper coming through the ranks as well. Well played Ricky's boys!

Yes I thought the keeper looked good - had a great kick on him & also great to see some of the lads from last year showing an improvement.

Left a bit early at 6-0 - our lads looked very good especially going forward - Levy were a bit unlucky at 2-0 -our keeper pulled off an excellent double save & a 30 yarder hit the bar after that we tore 'em apart.
A good night with sterner tests to follow.

Agreed, some very good performances but the real test will come against Barnet. Drew 2-2 with them already this season, after going 2-0 up.

Good attendance last night as well 383 which was one of the highest Youth Cup 1st round crowds.
Lets hope for a similar turn out against Barnet.

Back