• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The RBS Scandal

In the gents on Saturday the tap was still running. As reported on SZ a month ago and possibly earlier than that.

At an estimated flow of two gallons per minute, that's 120 galls per hour, 2,880 per day which at a guess = £28.80 per day (working on the theory that it's a penny a one gallon flush). That's £1,728 wasted over the last say 60 days and if Tes doesn't come back from Cambridge soon to stick his thumb in the tap and stop the flow it will be another £2,592 down the plug hole over the close season, ie. getting on for £4,500. Plus VAT. That's 16.36 family season tickets extra (ignoring VAT) to sell just to pay the Water Board.

One thing at a time perhaps. Maybe best to concentrate on the Grimsby game first.
wink.gif

Let's hope that the club do not operate on a water meter system. Have you complained directly to the club rather than hope that they spot your complaint on SZ?? That would seem the obvious route!!

If you wish for this to be brought up at the club/Trust liaison meeting later today, please give me some information off line.

Terry

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Suffolk Shrimper @ May 03 2005,22:15)]In the gents on Saturday the tap was still running. As reported on SZ a month ago and possibly earlier than that.

At an estimated flow of two gallons per minute, that's 120 galls per hour, 2,880 per day which at a guess = £28.80 per day (working on the theory that it's a penny a one gallon flush). That's £1,728 wasted over the last say 60 days and if Tes doesn't come back from Cambridge soon to stick his thumb in the tap and stop the flow it will be another £2,592 down the plug hole over the close season, ie. getting on for £4,500. Plus VAT. That's 16.36 family season tickets extra (ignoring VAT) to sell just to pay the Water Board.

One thing at a time perhaps. Maybe best to concentrate on the Grimsby game first.
wink.gif
Surely a real fan would have stuck his finger in the tap and missed the Yeovil game in order to save the club money?

Maybe they are scared they are going to be accused of "tapping-up"....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ May 04 2005,08:35)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ May 04 2005,08:33)]Maybe they are scared they are going to be accused of "tapping-up"....
Trust you to sink a dodgy pun in.
Honestly, someone posts a genuine e-mail about a serious drain on the club's resources, and what is your response? U bend various words into an e-mail, just so that you can plug your particular brand of humour. Honestly, you're a bit of a drip at times...

oops.gif
upside.gif

come on this is a serious subject. we know that the club is not flush with money.

I was trying to think of another good pun, but I don't want to force it...!!

I've been trying to go with the flow but the attempts at toilet humour are sending this thread down the tubes. It's enough that our promotion hopes are going down the pan! Did I hear that urinal renny is the ref for this saturday?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TerryintheWest @ May 04 2005,12:39)]I've been trying to go with the flow but the attempts at toilet humour are sending this thread down the tubes. It's enough that our promotion hopes are going down the pan! Did I hear that urinal renny is the ref for this saturday?
Unfortunately, he has had to cry off at the last minute. So P Don is making a reffing comeback for Saturday.

News just in. The team for Saturday is:

1. Harry Threadgold(en Shower)
2. George (Toilet) Duck
3. Glenn (Spend a)Pennyfather
4. Mark Tinkle®
5. Leon Cort(with his trousers down)
6. Mick Bodley(function)
7. Andy Ansah(the call of nature)
8. Micky Lav(erick)
9. Derek Spence(a penny)
10. Steve Brown(trousers)
11. Jimmy (Riddle) Corbett

Tilly has been sacked an will be replaced on Staurday by Ronnie Weelan

Surely Paul (Toilet) Brush, Dave Chambers (Pot), Tom C®apper. Garry Nelson (Riddle), Russell (Caught) Short and Billy (upthe) Wall should be considered?

Back