• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Red Arrows

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
The red Arrows will be landing at Southend Airport at around 17:00hrs this afternoon ready to leave tomorrow for the Eastbourne Air show (remember when we had one of those?). The Battle of Britain Memorial flight will also be based at the airport for the same show. The Lancaster bomber has already landed and then taken off again, I know this as our windows have just rattled as it passed over our house. Makes a change from EasyJet.

1660916125630.png

The Echo reckons the Arrows will fly out in formation.

So it was the Typhoon that scared the **** out of Maurice the rescue cat, poor old sod was most bewildered at what had disturbed his snooze.

Right over our garden, all seven of them in a line, off to the left of the bird feeders and then a shallow turn to approach the airport, all shiny and red and we didn't have to go to the airport to see it. We are blessed! Mind you, the one time Concorde did a fly pass over our garden that was both noisy and a bit scary.

Oh my they are something special
All of them just flown right over my house and cousin see them so clearly

Right over our garden, all seven of them in a line, off to the left of the bird feeders and then a shallow turn to approach the airport, all shiny and red and we didn't have to go to the airport to see it. We are blessed! Mind you, the one time Concorde did a pass over above our garden that was both noisy and a bit scary.

What about the Vulcan Bomber screech?

So it was the Typhoon that scared the **** out of Maurice the rescue cat, poor old sod was most bewildered at what had disturbed his snooze.

Me too, I was having an afternoon nap and nearly jumped out of my skin.

I could of sworn their use to be 9 Red Arrows 🤔 only 7 Landed at the Airport today…
Nicked from a Google search:

According to an RAF press release, the Arrows will fly in a "seven-aircraft formation, rather than nine" this year because two members of the crew have moved to other positions in the air force.

The seven-aircraft display isn't unheard of and is used "when a situation dictates, such as illness or aircraft availability".

The red Arrows will be landing at Southend Airport at around 17:00hrs this afternoon ready to leave tomorrow for the Eastbourne Air show (remember when we had one of those?). The Battle of Britain Memorial flight will also be based at the airport for the same show. The Lancaster bomber has already landed and then taken off again, I know this as our windows have just rattled as it passed over our house. Makes a change from EasyJet.

View attachment 21624

The Echo reckons the Arrows will fly out in formation.
LOVED IT!!, how close were they nearly landed in my back garden. there was so many people watching from both sides of the airport. Also saw the Lancaster Bomber Spitfire and Hurricane up really close they really were amazing to see.

LOVED IT!!, how close were they nearly landed in my back garden. there was so many people watching from both sides of the airport. Also saw the Lancaster Bomber Spitfire and Hurricane up really close they really were amazing to see.
Well that will save the drive to Eastbourne tomorrow then. :Winking:

What about the Vulcan Bomber screech?
the Vulcan bomber screech, the Tornado arriving out of nowhere from the cliffs to over the water. Did we ever have a Lightening at the air show? I don’t remember but that and the Vulcan are the best post WW2 planes Britain developed. I remember Concorde at the air show one year.

Question for the air buffs. Does the only flying Vulcan still have air frame miles? I know the one at Southend doesn’t. How come the Lancaster and other memorial flight planes do. Are they exempt?

The Vulcan flying has to be the finest military plane in the world, ever.

the Vulcan bomber screech, the Tornado arriving out of nowhere from the cliffs to over the water. Did we ever have a Lightening at the air show? I don’t remember but that and the Vulcan are the best post WW2 planes Britain developed. I remember Concorde at the air show one year.

Question for the air buffs. Does the only flying Vulcan still have air frame miles? I know the one at Southend doesn’t. How come the Lancaster and other memorial flight planes do. Are they exempt?

imho the Harrier has to be one of our best post WW2

The last flying in the world Avro Vulcan V Bomber last flight was on the 28th Oct 2015.

The aircraft will still be maintained in flying condition and will be able to taxi for air shows, but it will remain at its home in Doncaster in the North East of England.

(TURN THE SOUND UP!)

Avro Vulcan V Bomber Last ever Flight 28th Oct 2015

Avro Vulcan V Bomber at the Southend Airshow May 1990

Concord at the Southend Airshow 30th May 1988 (Watch on Youtube)

Southend Airshow Open Days 30th and 31st May 1999

I remember years over 40 years ago being on a junior football club tour in Skeggy. We spent a couple of hours outside an airbase watching Vulcans doing touch and go circuits. For me nothing compares for both beauty and sound.

Side note. The fact that the manager is now a convicted pedo went way over my head at the time but makes perfect sense looking back. Thankfully I wasn’t part of the inner circle

Back