• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The ref got that sending off spot on.

EnglandShrimper

Manager
He went to headbutt Chambers. Didnt make too much ,if any contact , but the intent was there and it was the right decision to send him off.

Agree i think he let us down tonight, we had no chance after that made the game a no contest, left us fans with nothing to cheer about and long journey home.

From what I saw it looked like he actualy connected with the headbutt. Deserved thed red card.

Yeah I agree I had a good view of the incident and for me was a red,however Chambers gor away scott fee.The little tosser gave us awik to add more insult.

what is really a sending off. bbc essex made it out to be asif the player dived and leon never touched him. but i'll take all of yours word for it.

Chambers went down like he had been shot from the merest if any contact, yeah the intent might have been there but the reaction got Clarke sent off.

what is really a sending off. bbc essex made it out to be asif the player dived and leon never touched him. but i'll take all of yours word for it.

It sounds to me that BBC Essex are a massively unprofessional organisation.

From one statement? Surely the commentator can't be classified as unprofessional for having a point of view... :p

I had a look through your match thread too. Seems they were going blue, shouting that Tyson's goal was offside too (when it wasn't) and that Chambers dived (which he didn't). You've got to be moderately diplomatic if you're working for the BBC. Our commentators are to the point of actually being slightly bias against us sometimes!

Pity they didn't capture on film the moments before this photo was taken when Leon politely asked Chambers if he'd mind him wiping his forehead on his sleeve as his own shirt was a bit muddy .

Clear case where an appeal should be made :rolleyes:

Very Funny..... :hilarious: :hilarious:

COME ON U SHRIMPERS

ONE TEAM IN ESSEX
SOUTHEND UNITED FC

You've got to be moderately diplomatic if you're working for the BBC. Our commentators are to the point of actually being slightly bias against us sometimes!

Oh we have our fair share of c*nts at BBC Essex, mostly those that support Col Ewe :finger:

Looking at the TV footage Tyson was possible offside by six blades of grass which is pretty level and the ref's assistant was well placed, so right decision sadly i think.
As for Leon's shoulder butt, that doesn't look to me like an appeal could be made as it was aggressive even it wasn't a head butt. The fact that Chambers fell poleaxed clutching his face obviously helped the ref make his decision - it wasn't a dive, more a "stage fall."

I had a look through your match thread too. Seems they were going blue, shouting that Tyson's goal was offside too (when it wasn't) and that Chambers dived (which he didn't). You've got to be moderately diplomatic if you're working for the BBC. Our commentators are to the point of actually being slightly bias against us sometimes!

I listened to Radio Nottingham after and they ( not Wobin Chipperfield I hasten to add ) said that the sending off was harsh . Calderwood said he was level with play and Tyson looked miles off .

If you were sitting level with Tyson's run ( as per your post on the other thread ) then you could not have seen the Leon incident clearly . He lunged at Chambers ( probably that alone justifies the red ) but he did not make contact . Chambers then dramatically fell to the ground and presumably you were not well placed to see him winking at the Southend fans after Leon had been despatched . I am not exonerating Clarke but Chambers needs to look at his shabby part in this.

The ref also missed a clear push on Lewis Hunt our RB before your first goal which led to him being out of position when the ball came back in allowing your guy to rise unchallenged .

Such is the beauty of the beautiful game .In protest, I will not be watching the next episode of Robin Hood on Saturday

Back