• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The relegation mini-league

What concerns me is that looking at stats from the Barrow games, they seem to be having a good amount of possession along with plenty of shots at goal. Since Port Vale we have gone so defensive (understandably) and are definitely proving hard to beat. However we really need to be winning a few games now. Difficult dilema for MM

If we had beaten Port Vale instead of surrendering to them before the start of the game we would be above them now.
I find it hard to treat our biggest loss of the season as an "if only" game. However I am struggling to think how we let Oldham win at Roots Hall earlier this season. Today they gave the worst display I have seen against us this season.

Yes, we have improved greatly but I worry that we are running out of games. First we were waiting for the embargo to be lifted, then the January transfer window and who we could bring in - it's all very well saying we were unlucky, only lost by one goal, should have scored, more than matched the opponents, this player is building up their fitness, another is back in training and will soon be fit etc, etc. meanwhile the games are ebbing away.

Need a win from the next two games or we are in the mire. Gutting result today, should have won that 2 or 3 nil. Some interesting games coming up, like Grimsby vs Colchester. Realistically now we want the Mariners to win that as Col U have a tough run in. Barrow could really drag teams into this too with some of their games.

Need a win from the next two games or we are in the mire. Gutting result today, should have won that 2 or 3 nil. Some interesting games coming up, like Grimsby vs Colchester. Realistically now we want the Mariners to win that as Col U have a tough run in. Barrow could really drag teams into this too with some of their games.
I hate to say it but can see Barrow going on winning run! Cant see us getting anything against tranmere but 3 games after are winnable, but I thought today was and it should of been.

As is stands;

P33 Pts 34 Port Vale
P31 Pts 29 Barrow
P33 Pts 29 Southend
P31 Pts 24 Grimsby

Hopefully a couple of losses for Barrow with their games in hand to keep them level on points with us.

I hate to say it but can see Barrow going on winning run! Cant see us getting anything against tranmere but 3 games after are winnable, but I thought today was and it should of been.

Yep agreed, they have a good run of fixtures coming up and a good striker in their team. I’m concerned they’ll win some big games to heap pressure on us and then lose ones that allow other teams to get away from us, which is what RM deserves for putting us so far behind.

I think my positive of a depressing afternoon results wise is that we did create chances, they will go in some games. We need to perform like this at home, like the Colchester game, and really get at teams. Stevenage and Barrow are finding a way to play at home and we need to match that.

Yep agreed, they have a good run of fixtures coming up and a good striker in their team. I’m concerned they’ll win some big games to heap pressure on us and then lose ones that allow other teams to get away from us, which is what RM deserves for putting us so far behind.

I think my positive of a depressing afternoon results wise is that we did create chances, they will go in some games. We need to perform like this at home, like the Colchester game, and really get at teams. Stevenage and Barrow are finding a way to play at home and we need to match that.
I think Barrow will start to pull clear, and if I had my neutral hat on I would say they probably deserve to stay up out the 3 at the bottom. January transfer window could of rectify the previous wrongs if we had signed 1/2 strikers which we have needed since start of the season. I cant see where the goals are coming from to save us now.

I find it hard to treat our biggest loss of the season as an "if only" game. However I am struggling to think how we let Oldham win at Roots Hall earlier this season. Today they gave the worst display I have seen against us this season.

The reason I chose the Port Vale game was because of their continuing ineptness. They have beaten just ourselves and Grimsby, at home, in their last 17 games. We just let them dominate us with our negative team selection.

Oldham were equally inept today but I think they were probably without 6 players injured who would be in their first XI and who played against us at home.

Back